6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2011 3:40 AM by jurchenkin RSS

[Spoilers] What will Happen to ...

What do you think will happen to Captain Price after the end of the campaign? 

1) Retire from service and suceed MacMillian as head of British special operations (desk job)?

2) Face murder charge of General Shepherd (who is recognized as a national hero) as well as treason charges (framed by General Shepherd)?

3) Arrested by Dubai police for hotel massacre and murder of Vladimir Makarov?

4) Clear Soap's and his own name by exposing General Shepherd's treachery and collusion with Makarov? (No evidence, witnesses and evidence destroyed by Shepherd or Makarov)

5) Rot his life away in prison?

6) Commit suicide to join his dead comrades in hell?

Would like to hear your views.

Thanks.

• Re: [Spoilers] What will Happen to Captain Price Now?
    slyaudio

1. Why should Mac retire just because Price killed Makarov? Price is still capable of serving, Mac was forced onto desk duties through physical imparement.

2. Possible. Though who can prove that Price killed Sheppard. I mean they were in the middle of Afghanistan when he died.

3. I would think that his killing Makarov would come under the same sort of juristiction as if he was the one to have killed Bin Laden.

4. For one the Russian President would vouch for him about Makarov's deceit.

5. He lasted in a gulag, pretty sure he would be alot more comfy in a regular prison lol

6.Price wouldnt commit suicide.

• Re: [Spoilers] What will Happen to Captain Price Now?

[Why should Mac retire just because Price killed Makarov? Price is still capable of serving, Mac was forced onto desk duties through physical imparement.]

I believe Price was quite old by the time of MW3.  When Price started as a lieutenant under MacMillian in 1996, he would probably be 25-30 years old.  The events of MW3 are set in 2016, which puts Price around 45-50 years old.  Remember Soap kept teasing Price as "old man".  He can't go on forever in the field.  And the toll of injuries accumulated keep adding up.  I wonder how many ribs and bones Price would have broken falling through the glass in the final chapter.  I hope Price doesn't end up being milked endlessly like a certain Mr. Solid Snake.  If you've played Metal Gear Solid 4, you'll feel pity for the old man who has to push his aging physical body in the battlefield just because the developers refuse to let him retire gracefully.

[I would think that his killing Makarov would come under the same sort of juristiction as if he was the one to have killed Bin Laden.

For one the Russian President would vouch for him about Makarov's deceit.]

Good points.  That probably meant Price would probably be exonerated of treason charges.  Price could probably earn a Presidential pardon for stopping WW3.  However, Shepherd's treachery probably won't be exposed because of lack of evidence and witnesses.  So unfortunately, he'll remain as an undeserving American military hero.  

• Re: [Spoilers] What will Happen to ...

Just edited your title slightly mate - it could be considered a spoiler in itself by some (i.e. Price didn't die).

I hope they don't milk Price as well - for the sort of stuff that he's doing he certainly couldn't go on forever. Judging by the age of the ones who have been killed in Afghanistan and Iraq, the average age of Australian special forces soldiers in the field is a lot younger than Price would be now - it's mid 20s to mid 30s.

Personally I'd hope that that's where they leave Price's story for now. Frost didn't die in the mine along with the rest of Metal - maybe they can pick up with him for future MW titles (or whatever they will be called).

QwertyBoredom

can a UK SAS guy actually get charged for treason by the Americans

QwertyBoredom

can a UK SAS guy actually get charged for treason by the Americans

[can a UK SAS guy actually get charged for treason by the Americans]

Price could've been charged by the British for acting against British security interest.  It all depended on what charges Shepherd heaped on him.  The US can't charge him for treason, but could pin other charges against him depending on Shepherd's lies.  The Americans were not the only ones after him.  Remember when Price first contacted MacMillian for intel, MacMillian sighed and said, "You're on EVERYBODY'S **** list."  So even the British authorities were after him and Soap.  It's like a global interpol wanted list.

But as pointed out earlier, Price's rescue of the Russian President and stopping WW3 likely earned him the ticket to freedom.  I'm just disappointed that Shepherd could not be exposed because he destroyed all evidence of links with Makarov and those who knew the truth (except Price) were killed.  Probably Nikolai could step forward to testify but I'm not sure how much weight his testimony would carry.  Even if the Americans knew the truth, I'm not sure whether they'll cover up to prevent Pentagon embarrassment for honouring the wrong hero.  After all, Shepherd is dead so let sleeping dogs lie.