4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2011 10:01 AM by timaloy RSS

An open letter to the players of MW3

Hey,

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I'll try not to waste your time.

There are lots of issues with MW3, and I'm sure some of them will get fixed by the devs, in time.

But some of them can't really be fixed by the devs, like hackers, or balancing issues.

There are solutions to these issues; we need to work together to achieve them.

1) Dedicated Servers, ranked ones. These will only need minor control, such as the admins being able to kick/ban people who aren't following the rules.

2) A system for reporting hackers/hack servers, this would ideally lead to only those who willingly did it being banned, but I can see that being broader than that, and getting everyone affected banned.

3) We need the devs to be actively changing the game on a regular basis; a game like this devolves into OP quickly without regular tweaks

There are probably more, and these aren't set in stone for me either.

Thanks for reading.

• Re: An open letter to the players of MW3

Even better idea to make it for PC then port it to the consoles with Alpha and Beta access.  Get rid of the poor software development activision!

You can report hackers on Steam, but I really don't think it does crap.

Of course Robert Bowling, liar that he is, said there would be a system for reporting them in game (like Black ops).

There are plenty of hackers for sure.  I also think there is hidden lag even though it appears to run smooth, it's sometimes like you are not playing in real time.   Hacked servers on IWNET...big suprise there.

I want FOV 80-85.  The game gives me a headache and eye strain at default like others have reported.

It was fun for a while, but the maps really blow other than  maybe 3-4 of them.  They don't allow for all playstyles.  They are ok I guess for CTF, DOM, Sab, HQ, but you can't play all those in HC, other than on servers (if you can find any not running only TDM or crouch).  Why they have silly playlists is stupid too. There can't be much/if any programming involved in including HC modes for every gametype.

They just didnt learn a thing from MW2...well other than you can screw people and still make record profits.  They got that down to a science.  This is my last COD game and I didn't even plan on buying it.  It's a great game if you never played COD4/Black ops/WAW.

It's not a complete bomb.  There are some good qualities, but it doesn't have the staying power of COD4, Black ops or even MW2 IMO.  Maybe if they fix some issues and release some more open type maps.

and FFS fix the spawns.  They are the worst ever (not that they are great in any COD game), but they managed to make them worse somehow.

The sound FX are nerfed too.  When you go play BO it sounds like you are heavy footed in comparison and the explosions and guns are way louder and crisper.  Why didn't they just copy/past the sounds from COD4?

You can report hackers on Steam, but I really don't think it does crap.

Of course Robert Bowling, liar that he is, said there would be a system for reporting them in game (like Black ops).

There are plenty of hackers for sure.  I also think there is hidden lag even though it appears to run smooth, it's sometimes like you are not playing in real time.   Hacked servers on IWNET...big suprise there.

I want FOV 80-85.  The game gives me a headache and eye strain at default like others have reported.

It was fun for a while, but the maps really blow other than  maybe 3-4 of them.  They don't allow for all playstyles.  They are ok I guess for CTF, DOM, Sab, HQ, but you can't play all those in HC, other than on servers (if you can find any not running only TDM or crouch).  Why they have silly playlists is stupid too. There can't be much/if any programming involved in including HC modes for every gametype.

They just didnt learn a thing from MW2...well other than you can screw people and still make record profits.  They got that down to a science.  This is my last COD game and I didn't even plan on buying it.  It's a great game if you never played COD4/Black ops/WAW.

It's not a complete bomb.  There are some good qualities, but it doesn't have the staying power of COD4, Black ops or even MW2 IMO.  Maybe if they fix some issues and release some more open type maps.

and FFS fix the spawns.  They are the worst ever (not that they are great in any COD game), but they managed to make them worse somehow.

The sound FX are nerfed too.  When you go play BO it sounds like you are heavy footed in comparison and the explosions and guns are way louder and crisper.  Why didn't they just copy/past the sounds from COD4?