12 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2011 11:50 AM by nulli RSS

LAGGING!

Does anyone seem to have this problem I was thinking that it was possible just my internet connection but I do have a top of the range router and my internet has never been slow. When I am shooting I seem to enter about 4 or 5 rounds into someone before it seems to even damage them, at the end of fire I have entered a full clip and mojority of the time I haven't killed them, and I know what you are thinking this is me being a bad player but its even when I creep up behind they don't die!!

Plus on the killcam it shows me just stood there or just about to get a shot off!

Anyone else with this problem?

• Re: LAGGING!

yup everyone is having laggy games, don't know why though

I was having this same problem all last night and this morning. I finaly just rage quit and stopped playing after watching a kill cam when I got a solid 5 shots off and on their screen not a single shot went off. It's pissing me off. I even had a problem where I shot the very second I rounded a corner and died instantly even though I just saw them. On the kill cam they were looking at me, scoped in and then killed me and it didn't even show me shooting. And don't even get me started on the horribleness that is Elite. Why I paid for that trash I have no idea.... Stealing our money and giving us a horrible video gae expirience? Good job guys, good job.

I am not experiencing any lag really, no around the corner shots, when i shoot some one they die.

Same problem! I have A HardCore internet connection just for MW3!!! but still but but

Famous corner shots! I just saw a guy and half a sec I died. Killcam shows that he saw me first and started shooting 2seconds earlier than I even saw him!!!! Same **** with Riot shield! I Had my shield in front of me but died. Killcam shows I was about to change to riot shield.

its getting worse by the day ive just played a game on seatown where i put a full magazine from the ump into someones back which didnt kill them so i ducked round a corner behind some wooden crates and started to reload then dropped down dead but when i checked the killcam im standing there in the open not shooting while hes kills me

Its jsut pathectic init guys, makes you feel like you are a rubbish player when really you would be 8-9 kills or more up and that could mean the difference between top and bottom makes me made. Hope they get some sort of patch to sort this out is horrible!

I've been having the same problems since release. I just wish they would acknowledge that there is a problem and fix it instead of blaming our isp's. It's not my ISP, every other game I play online works great. This is the only one that I'm having these issues with. Even the other COD games work fine.

Same here I was playing black ops and I was fine not one bit where I was killed unfair I was playing well and getting good kills. But MW3 just seems to lag so much that no matter how good you are you are never going to win the gun battle when lag is involved. I wish they would do something maybe we should all email them on twitter complaining about the same issue if we all get on to them then surely they have to listen right?!............ :/

neoreaper

You not the only one. Its BS that the players with faster internet get punished.

IEliteWalker

All warfare is based on lag compensation.

I agree on all points.  There will never be a "perfect connection" scenario, but I believe it is map design that definitely makes the lag issues shine.  I honestly don't believe the hit detection was much better in MW2 (and it was pretty solid in that game), but the maps were better designed.  You could take cover behind things, had sight lines, etc.  In MW3 to get you into the "fast paced gun on gun action" they designed small maps that are packed with tight corners.  This forces lag to shine.  You round a corner and the man with less ping wins every time.  It takes away from the pure "gun on gun" action that they have been claiming is the goal of MW3.  Even more frustrating is Bowling and his crew have gone MIA.  Haven't answered a real question about the game since launch.  Just seems like IW is still the IW that doesn't support their games post launch.  Really ruins what could be one of the best CODs yet