13 Replies Latest reply: Dec 1, 2011 10:24 PM by CYNDICATE RSS

Customer Support is Horrible

Why is it that you cannot get a straight answer from anyone at Activision or Beachhead about Call of Duty Elite. Their latest message states:

"If you have activated your premium membership, but haven’t yet received your Founders’ entitlements mentioned above in-game, please log into elite.callofduty.com. If you see this green skull icon next to your gamer ID, that means your Founder status is activated, and your benefits should appear in-game within a matter of hours. If you’re still having difficulties, please visit Activision Customer Support."

Ok...well I activated my premium membership, but havent received my Founders' entitlements. When I go to elite.callofduty.com...I dont see a green skull. I see a red skull...still....after a full week now. Therefore my Founder status is not activated, and my benefits are not going to appear in-game in a matter of hours.

What next? Oh, contact Activision Customer Support. Ok, I do that...send an email, ask a question...no response. Then go to Live Assistance and it says:

"Thank you for contacting Activision Customer Support. You should be connected with an agent in approximately 20:13 minutes."

The time jumps around and eventually it says:

"Thank you for contacting Activision Customer Support. You should be connected with an agent in approximately 3:00 minutes."

Cool...almost there.

Then what happens?

"Thank you for contacting Activision Customer Support. You should be connected with an agent in approximately 13:14 minutes.".

It's been doing this for about an hour and a half. What ever happened to talking to a real live person that could give you an answer?

Not only is this game (MW3), service (Elite) and this god awful website messed up....but you cant even talk to anyone at any of these companies about it.

And dont tell me to be patient...I've been waiting a week and havent said a word.

• Re: Customer Support is Horrible

HAHAHAHAA....Another big F$*#K You from Activision:

Thank you for contacting Activision Customer Support. You should be connected with an agent in approximately 44:44 minutes.

maccabi

Sabocketti wrote:

Why is it that you cannot get a straight answer from anyone at Activision or Beachhead about Call of Duty Elite. Their latest message states:

"If you have activated your premium membership, but haven’t yet received your Founders’ entitlements mentioned above in-game, please log into elite.callofduty.com. If you see this green skull icon next to your gamer ID, that means your Founder status is activated, and your benefits should appear in-game within a matter of hours. If you’re still having difficulties, please visit Activision Customer Support."

Ok...well I activated my premium membership, but havent received my Founders' entitlements. When I go to elite.callofduty.com...I dont see a green skull. I see a red skull...still....after a full week now. Therefore my Founder status is not activated, and my benefits are not going to appear in-game in a matter of hours.

What next? Oh, contact Activision Customer Support. Ok, I do that...send an email, ask a question...no response. Then go to Live Assistance and it says:

"Thank you for contacting Activision Customer Support. You should be connected with an agent in approximately 20:13 minutes."

The time jumps around and eventually it says:

"Thank you for contacting Activision Customer Support. You should be connected with an agent in approximately 3:00 minutes."

Cool...almost there.

Then what happens?

"Thank you for contacting Activision Customer Support. You should be connected with an agent in approximately 13:14 minutes.".

It's been doing this for about an hour and a half. What ever happened to talking to a real live person that could give you an answer?

Not only is this game (MW3), service (Elite) and this god awful website messed up....but you cant even talk to anyone at any of these companies about it.

And dont tell me to be patient...I've been waiting a week and havent said a word.

reason your spending so long on hold is like you 100's of people are needlessly wasting their time and actvi cs time by asking dumb questions that have been answered in numerous places on here and on the offical elite status updates that again have been spread all over the site and posts., by people who have some sort of NOW!!!!! fixiation.

no sympathy for you at all

btw adding salt...if i ask actvi cs a question on somewhere i get an answer in usually 5 mins , you wont they will just politely direct you to where you should have gone in the first place and suggest you take some ritilin

If I got an answer in five minutes, or even in 5 days, would I be posting this?? Good job there genius.

How is it a dumb question if they say "If you have the green skull, you're all good. If not, I guess try to contact someone?"

I clearly stated I havent said anything negative in a full week and have sent a few questions, about various things, without a single response?

Other people are getting the stuff they paid for. I am not...therefore that concerns me.

If my company had this kind of customer support, I'd be out of a job.

maccabi

Sabocketti wrote:

If I got an answer in five minutes, or even in 5 days, would I be posting this?? Good job there genius.

How is it a dumb question if they say "If you have the green skull, you're all good. If not, I guess try to contact someone?"

I clearly stated I havent said anything negative in a full week and have sent a few questions, about various things, without a single response?

Other people are getting the stuff they paid for. I am not...therefore that concerns me.

If my company had this kind of customer support, I'd be out of a job.

had you had bothered to ask on here, or read the elite statuses your answer is explanined there, 

the fact you cant grasp the service is running slow and that people have been posting on here saying their stuff is slowly going through isnt a reason to call cs they will just direct you to the elite status page.

does NOT having the callsign or emblem or camo effect your playing atm NO so just freaking wait.

I've read every GD post on this idiotic forum...none of it is from Activision or Beachhead. Trust me, I know the service is slow, I've been PATIENTLY using it for the past week. I've linked everything, set up my clan, etc. etc. etc.

You dont get it man. It's not about me playing the game. It's about me getting what I paid for. If you're happy paying $50 for nothing then so be it. I, and many others, are not. Yeah, great, they're going to give us a month free...what's that $4.20?

As for this being the reason my gaming is affected, no...this doesnt affect my game. There are a whole set of other issues, mainly lag, framerate issues, etc. that are affecting that.

Stop being a fanboy and go troll somewhere else.

Hate to burst your bubble there but most of their canned responses don't answer the questions at hand.  For instance, the issue regarding verifying your Facebook account.  I've done so, and it's still at 80%.  Need another?  The YouTube link is broken.  I've contacted them a few times regarding this and not even a hint of response. 

It is these things that made me say, take down the site and fix it.  Leaving it up only allows the traffic to continue flowing to it, overloading their servers which obviously they have too few of.

It's not even about the "want it NOW fixation".  A product was sold to the customers and as a paying customer we have the right to be a little upset about the result thus far. 

maccabi wrote:

reason your spending so long on hold is like you 100's of people are needlessly wasting their time and actvi cs time by asking dumb questions that have been answered in numerous places on here and on the offical elite status updates that again have been spread all over the site and posts., by people who have some sort of NOW!!!!! fixiation.

no sympathy for you at all

btw adding salt...if i ask actvi cs a question on somewhere i get an answer in usually 5 mins , you wont they will just politely direct you to where you should have gone in the first place and suggest you take some ritilin

You're an idiot and obviously some little kid, where mommy and daddy buy your games for you.

I paid over 100 dollars for this game. I am also not getting ANY of my premium feature that I paid for.

Sorry, but that is straight out theift and fraud.

If this is not fixed with-in the next week, I will be filing charges at the Las Vegas police department against Activision.

Then we will see just how smug you are.

^^This

I realize they say they are working on it and some people have gotten their Founder status and perks (myself included), but as a whole they seem to have just rushed out of the gates with this.  They claim they didn't anticipate the server load on release.  I'm sorry, but is there no communication regarding pre-order information, or at the very least someone at the company who had the notion that maybe it would be better to pre-plan rather than mad scramble?

It's not just this release either.  It just seems like game companies now have the preconceived idea that it's good business practice to push out incomplete products to us.  As far as the ELITE website is concerned, what they should do is take it down completely, assess their server issues as well as shortage, test it, then put it up.  Back in the day there were such processes before releases even hit the stores.  Alpha testing, Beta testing.  Now, those are just looked at as "demos" to the gaming masses instead of their true intended purpose.  The best part about this, is ELITE shows it is in Beta stage.  So who were the testers, and to what degree did they test?  A room full of people bouncing data off of one server rack doesn't really qualify.

It just seems like a very amateur move so far.

Exactly. I'd just be happy if they gave a straight answer for those who havent gotten their stuff. They gave a clear answer on those that have gotten their stuff...."if you have a green skull, you're good" (paraphrasing).

But to those of us that didnt get our stuff, and have been patiently waiting without a firm expected date, it's really frustrating that there is no answer.

maccabi

there ya go

one of swords twitter feed ...  https://twitter.com/#!/OneOfSwords  

http://oneofswords.com  also has some great Elite FAQ's on it (hint hint)

codElites twitter feed ....      http://www.callofduty.com/elitehttps://twitter.com/#!/CallOfDutyElite

Cod Elite staus page where updates are also posted  http://www.callofduty.com/elite/status

now stop whining and wasting actvision cs's time as they will only direct you to one of these links

Ah ok...so this is the brilliant info you think I should listen to:

Two new tweets of interest:

ELITE Founders! To get access to your title, emblem & camo, login to the ELITE website. They will appear in-game a few hours later. [link]

We’re focusing on Clan invites now. We’ve identified the problem and will let you know as soon as a fix is implemented. [link]

Founders are also getting a big email from Chacko Sonny, Studio Head, Beachhead Studio, & Jamie Berger, VP Digital, Activision, which directly apologizes for the hassles of the last week, explains what caused them, restates some of the information that you may already know (all subscriptions extended by 30 days; all your data is safe even if you can’t see it right away), and adds a few extra bits of info (“We will also be prioritizing your access to ELITE in order to ensure that you are among the first to get fully into the service.”) I am actually very happy to see that last bit; the people who paid up front should be given as much access as the current reality allows.

Guess what - logged into the elite website, they didnt appear within a few hours

The call of duty elite status page? Hasnt changed from Intermittent in 5 days.

The Founders email he refers to....got that, read it, it's what I posted above. No help. Just like you...no help.

See that bit about prioritizing? Yeah....well whats that mean? Dont have anything and I got this email last night along with all the other Founders.

What other useless info you got?

I got my founder status and everything but now on the website it is telling me to upgrade to a premium account.  wtf did i spend $50 to get a stupid title i wont ever use? the only reason why i bought this thing was so i could save money on the dlc

Syxx_IX wrote:

^^This

I realize they say they are working on it and some people have gotten their Founder status and perks (myself included), but as a whole they seem to have just rushed out of the gates with this.  They claim they didn't anticipate the server load on release.  I'm sorry, but is there no communication regarding pre-order information, or at the very least someone at the company who had the notion that maybe it would be better to pre-plan rather than mad scramble?

It's not just this release either.  It just seems like game companies now have the preconceived idea that it's good business practice to push out incomplete products to us.  As far as the ELITE website is concerned, what they should do is take it down completely, assess their server issues as well as shortage, test it, then put it up.  Back in the day there were such processes before releases even hit the stores.  Alpha testing, Beta testing.  Now, those are just looked at as "demos" to the gaming masses instead of their true intended purpose.  The best part about this, is ELITE shows it is in Beta stage.  So who were the testers, and to what degree did they test?  A room full of people bouncing data off of one server rack doesn't really qualify.

It just seems like a very amateur move so far.

There is a VERY simple way to show that their "We didn't expect that many" excuse is bullshіt.

They know EXACTLY how many games they made and shipped.

The servers should have been built with this number in mind, plus a bit extra for future copies they make.

So at the bare minimum, it should have been capable of supporting every customer for every disc that was pressed.

The fact that they are trying to lie to us about it to make up for their own incompetence, makes it worse.