1 17 18 19 20 21 Previous Next 245 Replies Latest reply: Jan 21, 2013 11:41 AM by adam_camm Go to original post RSS
  • 180. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Disc Read Error

Bought my ps3 slim in November. Sent it in to Sony in January, got it back within 2 weeks. Worked fine. Now its doing it again. WHAT THE HELL . I don't really want to send my ps3 BACK in because I'll have to pay to get it looked at. (Because that's what they told me after I got my ps3 back) And there's no way in hell that I'm paying MORE fkn $$$!

• 181. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Disc Read Error

Got The Exact same problem been onto sony IW and activision and all 3 told me it aint there problem take it up with the others just going round in circles with these clowns and now there gone try get more money out of us with this new back ops out in nov no chance robbed me enough for now GIT IT FIXED ACTIVISION

• 182. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Disc Read Error

This problem is ongoing. I originally thought the patches were to fix lagging cheaters. Since I have clear internet I thought it was booting me cause it thought I was lagging. My disc is first release and it freezes like no tomorrow. Borrowed my brothers hardened edition which is not founders and plays fine even when my kid is in his iPod and I lag like crazy. So I guess everyone who buys release day editions are screwed. From now on I will wait for a second release or just stop buying activision games all together. There is no replay value for me if they make a new cod every year. Make the games right the first time. You guys need to either buy a new disc or send your old one in for 20 bucks. They know this that's why they will do it for that. Hopefully they will avoid a class action. I'm not paying for a new one. Mine should work since I paid full price and its not used with no scratches. They should have called this a pre release.

• 183. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Disc Read Error
    neoreaper

same problem here. have way thru a match & my game will freeze.

• 184. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Disc Read Error

Seems to me like they had a issue in the pressing process which developed a batch of faulty disks. Or that somehow the data layover got damaged or somehow developed bit rot. Or a few people have failing systems (a select few that are having this issue). So far i haven't ran into any disk errors.  The least you all could do is to try and have these disks replaced. If it still goes on after this you either got another faulty disk or your system is starting to fail or doesn't like how the game accesses the disk.

• 185. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Disc Read Error

A couple of ten thousand people have started a petition on ps3 to ask Activision to offer the full game download as a free DLC because Sony is going nuts with over 50 Million damaged PS3s cos of MW3.

• 186. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Disc Read Error

Sorry but a game doesn't damage the system anymore then what another game does, the issue here is a defective disk, a failing system, or a damaged disk. This game alone does not cause extra damage then what any other game would. Maybe the systems be drive isn't healthy and it doesn't like how data gets loaded off the disk. About the only thing you can do is ask for a replacement game disk. What people don't seem to understand is that optical drives brake down over time and can stop reading disks. Some are not operating normally and can have issues reading a certain disk but can really others just fine due to hoe data is loaded off the disk.

I'm not saying that is the case every time but is the case quite a few times. The people with new systems and have disk read errors could be from a faulty disk, or damaged disk. You don't have to see a scratch for a disk to be damaged, there is the data layer side as well(the side with the logo) if any part of that gets bumped or scratched in any way it will do the same thing.

You will never get activision to replacement e your systems, the game disk yeah, but not the system because of the above reasons.

• 187. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Disc Read Error

So I replaced my original disc which was plagued by Disc Read Errors & freezes.

Since gettng a new disc about a week or 2 ago, everything was going fine until a couple of days ago. The disc froze at the end of a match. It wouldn't load up after I checked if there was anything wrong with it. There are no scratches on the disc. I quit & tried another day with some sucess. About 1 or 2 hours ago, all I saw was more errors & freezes.A couple of games, the audio would cut out, which led to a freeze at the end results. Now my PS3 can't load the game properly without displaying an error code. I followed the code up, by restoring my HDD data. Issues still remain.... This is getting rediculous.

• 188. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Disc Read Error

HAS THERE BEEN ANY NEW UPDATES ON THIS I JUST HAD THE LAST UPDATE FOR MW3 AND NOW IT SEEMS TO FREEZE DURING GAMEPLAY OR RIGHT AFTER AT THE END OF THE MATCHES WHERE IS SHOWS EVERYONES KILL DEATH RATIOS! CAN ANYONE ANSWER THIS OR TELL ME WHAT TO DO< DELETED FROM MY SYSTEMS AS WELL AS CLEARED CACHE!!

• 189. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Disc Read Error

I tried everything. Had same issue. i stoped playing for one week and my Ps3 says error and then ejects disc. I tried it on my other ps3 and same thing. Contacted Sony and they are blaming activision and activision says nothing. Sucks how they don't admit it and try to fix it,instead they want more money. I have games from when ps3 came out that still work. Such a shame.

1 17 18 19 20 21 Previous Next