30 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2011 6:31 PM by maltyz_ RSS

Wait, how much damage does the Type 95 deal?

thebiindsniper

Because I played a S&D, and someone killed me while in the prone.  So I watched the killcam, and I was befuddled.  I was shot with two thirds of one burst, in the leg, and died. 

So that's why I ask.  It's strange how it's "that" powerful.  Usually the faster ROF burst fire guns, usually have lower damage in previous games, like the FAMAS

~RUGGED SAVIOR

http://www.youtube.com/ruggedsavior

• Re: Wait, how much damage does the Type 95 deal?
    atiredoldguy

55 close 20 far .......... At least thats the numbers I saw.

avengedyesterday

Lol, how the tears are flowing. G11 was a one burst kill from any distance but yet the community held back it's tears, most likely due to the fact they spent all of them on the famas. QQ about the type 95, just like the ak74u, another gun will rise up in it's place.

"But but but i was playing a game and and and some meany shot me in the foot and and i died, p-p-p-p-lease nerf it"

The Type95 loses this power within really close range,If your really close,Its a 2 Shot kill,Anywhere near the body,If your in range,Its a 3-4-5 Shot weapon,Depending on the range.

vileself

I dont really think its an issue on how much damage the gun deals. The issue is how it performs. From what I can tell so far it has a slower ADS than most ARs, as well as a slower reload time than most ARs. It also seems to run out of ammo faster than even the fully automatic ARs. The fact that its a 3RB makes it struggle at close-medium range simply because having to press a button repeatedly is more difficult than holding the button down.

In short the gun is very deadly and in the hands of a skilled user it can dominate a match but its definately no FAMAS (Blops) and its definately not something any noob can pick up and do well with. This gun still requires a degree of skill and its more skill than the ACR, G36C, M4 or SCAR etc. require..so for those reasons I think its damage is just fine.

My only gripe is the Rapid Fire attachment. Like the Silencer I think it should reduce the range effectiveness of the weapon.

ADS is moot. You do not need to use ADS with this gun. Try it in private match, the gun has no spread. 2 burst long range kill a player without ever having to ADS. The only thing that needs patched is bullet spread when hip-firing. Other than that, I think it will be on par with the m16.

MysticJon

All I know for sure is that it deals enough damage to kill in one burst from most distances. AddRapid Fire and you've got one heck of an OP gun. Then again, most burst-fire guns are OP, so...

vileself

Burst fire guns SHOULD be a tad more OP than fully autos. Has anyone here tried the MK14 with Rapid Fire? That thing is also a 2 hit kill but its more precise and conserves more ammo. Also has a faster ADS and reload speed than the Type 95...but its a semi-auto.

Latency plays a huge role in whether or not a burst-fire or semi-automatic weapon is effective. I'm playing on the PS3, and at the moment, the lag is unbearable for me. For that reason, I struggle with the Type 95 and MK14. When I do manage to play a game with minimal lag, the Type 95 is devasting (I never made a MK14 class; I have picked it up once or twice though).

On a separate note, the niche that burst-fire weapons should fill is the long-range, counter-sniper role. They should deal a consistent damage--nothing too high, but not too low. Like most guns, they should kill in three or four bullets with low recoil. Hip-fire should be slightly worse than most Assault Rifles, to ensure they struggle at close range.

To conclude, Rapid Fire should be removed from the Type 95. In addition, the Type 95's damage should be lowered, OR the hip-fire accuracy should be decreased. The M16A4 is fine as is.

MysticJon

Semi-Auto guns should be more powerful than fully automatic ones. Burst-fire guns should not.

The Type 95 is better than the M-16 in literally every way. More damage, less recoil, faster rate-of-fire. So, why is the M-16 even in the game?

MK14 with silencer and rapid fire and assassin pro is a BEAST. My favourite gun in the game

Yes it is a two hit kill. It not only has a higher RoF than the m16, but also less recoil, and more damage. Making the m16 completely useless.

Weapon balance at it's finest.

55-20 damage with little recoil and can make plenty of corpses with Rapid Fire equipped.

M16 is inferior in every way, excluding looks.

You can't explain that.

kastro187420

I can't believe they thought that having a burst weapon kill in just 2 shots was a good idea. If it was a 3-round burst kill, fine. But having a gun capable of killing 3 people in the press of 2 triggers is just wrong.

I played a match where half the people in the match were using the Type-95, and it was just ridiculous. It's to the point where I'm just going to start leaving matches where the majority are trying to abuse it.

obzi

There's a whole complaints going on about various weapons, Type 95, UMP, etc, the problem by having them all very similar powered there'd be no point in ever changing.  My suggestion would be to make it madatory to use them all, make it part of the ranking up process so as an example, from level 25 to 27 you have to use a spas, then 30 to 31 you have to use a ACR.  At least have something in the MP game that makes players use each gun for a time.

brandaman

The Type 95:

55-20 damage

1000rpm (Limited to burst fire)

0.3s ADS time

Low recoil

Damn thing is overpowered. It's a shame really, because besides this and the Akimbo FMG's (which I think should get a hip spread nerf), the game is pretty well balanced.

guys learn to move if you have a problem with the rate of fire and killing power. i find it funny you b and moan about the type 95 theres plenty of time for you to kill me. the type and m4 are my guns of choice. anyone know how to turn the recording off for theatre mode

I've seen so many Type 95 complaint threads on this site, it's ridiculous.  All I see now when I see the word Type 95, is wahhh wahhh wahhh.  People cry and moan about any and everything when it comes to COD multiplayer.  If it's not a Type 95 you're getting wrecked with, it will be something else.  Good players will destroy you regardless of weapon choice, so stop moaning and get better at the game.

If you people are whining about a 2 (or FIVE) hit kill from an AR then how is a 1 hit kill from a sniper rifle different?  Sniper rifles get 100% mobility in addition to being a 1 hit kill from ANYWHERE on the map.  The Type 95 is the only AR that can kill almost as fast as a sniper rifle. 

If you get killed by a Type 95, just pretend you got quickscoped.  You'll feel better.

Everyone keeps complaining about the TYPE 95. If you feel it is OP then fine. You are completely entitled to your opinion. But honestly, I don't see what is so great about it. I don't get killed by it often. I've used it with the Red Dot Sight/Rapid Fire combo and I think my K/D with that gun is like a 1.17 or something. I'll take the FAD or ACR 6.8 over the TYPE 95 any day. The whole "burst shot" thing doesn't work well with my play style so I don't think the gun is OP, I think it is OVER RATED! That is just my opinion on it though. And honestly, most fire fights I get into in this game with guys using the TYPE 95 I win. The only exception is when they are head glitching halfway across the map and my whole upper body is exposed to them. At long range that gun does work. But then again, if they are only exposing their head and my whole upper body is exposed and they see me first, then they have a tactical advantage over me and they are probably going to win that fire fight 95% of the time with any AR/Sniper Rifle. I just don't understand why everyone thinks this TYPE 95 is so great. It is very one dimensional (meaning you have to camp a hallway, window, or corner of a map and pick people off as they approach). At least with a fully auto AR I can balance my game style between holding a position, covering an objective, and running and gunning. Can't run and gun (effectively at least) with the TYPE 95.

How ironic.. the person defending the Famas making a thread about the Type 95 being too powerful.

maltyz_

go to elite > go to elite TV > watch type 95 video > all info is there

Is a silly powerful gun your correct 1 burst will kill you at close range on pretty much any part of your person, but as people have already said its a close range gun and if you miss the first burst your trucked, trust me i whore the type 95. Its ADS is the slowest of ANY gun on the game (bar snipers) and its damage decreases over distance.

Overused - possibly? Overpowered - no.