5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2011 1:35 PM by rankismet RSS

Few Hardcore Issues and general problems

dszwec

Ok just to clear this; I'm not bashing on the game I think it's great just a few things in hardcore need fixing by the looks of things.

1) Blast Sheild needs strengthening as currently just one granade or noob tube etc kills you

2) Some for of kill confirmation during hardcore like there was in the other CoD titles

3) When you are killed by a friendly it should not count as a death

4) Re-introduce HQ and Free for all

A few things outside game modes;

1) The mics are peculiar

2) When you watch a game you cannot watch it back with someone as in B-Ops, also you cannot view the play back from anyone elses view point nor view the scoreboard.

Anyone else similar issues or got any more?

• Re: Few Hardcore Issues and general problems
    TheBeastlyDude

I agree with this 100%. HC Domination is easily won with a Noob Tube and a strengthened Blast Sheild or Noob Tube nerf would be nice.

TK shouldnt count as a death with as many immature players that there are out there.

I would definitely love a HC FFA and HQ.

filthycriminalajh

Also, the hitmarker sound is missing from the PS3, but its on xbox ect..

dlundebjerg28

I 100% agree with 2,3,4 for Harcore game modes. I hate not having any kind of conformation I killed somoene. I've gotten 2 or 3 hitmarkers and assumed I killed a guy at long range only to look at the killfreed to see if I actually did and get shot by that guy. It's very annoying. Team killing happens, most of the time its accidental. I like how you don't get kicked for team killing in this game, but I wish it didn't count as a death. I never played HC before black ops, but Hardcore HQ was one of my favorite game types, and I wish it was in the game.

As for Blast Shield, I think its fine as is. You start with only 30% health, so the blast radius that Blast Shield is going to protect you from dying in is much smaller. It would be hard to just tweak Blast Shield for HC, since it works perfectly fine in Core.

darwin67

I don't know why the developers are so lame when it comes to designing HC. It's like they don't play it themselves, so why bother. But as a devout HC player, I think they should take the time to at least consider our critique. I totally agree, a TK should not count against you as a death. I would also prefer flat out ricochet...because losing my KS to an idiot is infuriating. More often than not, the team kills I experience are from jack holes who TK when they are at the bottom of the score-board...guess its easier for them to shoot a friendly than a foe. Most of the players I play with would like ricochet....and would accept the punishment over seeing a team-mate get penalized with a death and loss of a KS. Also, I would LOVE to see HC Capture the Flag back as it's own game mode.

The mic issues seems better than the first week...they aren't breaking up nearly as often. Also, tags in Kill confirmed seem sporadic as to when they disapear. All in all, competely happy with the  game....amazing that you can now bring an ENTIRE party into a lobby and leave with an ENTIRE team. Props for that IW.

rankismet

dszwec wrote:

Ok just to clear this; I'm not bashing on the game I think it's great just a few things in hardcore need fixing by the looks of things.

1) Blast Sheild needs strengthening as currently just one granade or noob tube etc kills you

2) Some for of kill confirmation during hardcore like there was in the other CoD titles

3) When you are killed by a friendly it should not count as a death

4) Re-introduce HQ and Free for all

A few things outside game modes;

1) The mics are peculiar

2) When you watch a game you cannot watch it back with someone as in B-Ops, also you cannot view the play back from anyone elses view point nor view the scoreboard.

Anyone else similar issues or got any more?

1. No. Flak Jacket was far too strong in Black Ops... I prefer how this one works.

2. This is behaving the same as previous titles. You do not get notification beyond the killfeed.

3. Agree.

4. Team Defender, HQ, CTF, and FFA should be added.

Theatre mode was a step backward.