30 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2011 3:52 AM by davidmorgan07 RSS

THIS GAME IS GREAT (A POSITIVE "CALL TO ARMS") - WELL DONE INFINITY WARD & SLEDGEHAMMER GAMES (ACTIVISION).

robbierocket

I have played COD4:MW, COD:WAW, COD:MW2 and COD:BO online for a total of around 90 hours online alone. The latest edition is a bonafide classic in my opinion. The campaign was lively, exciting, has a perfect tempo and satisfied. The Spec Ops haven't been touched by me yet so I cannot comment, multiplayer is excellent.

Whilst nothing can ever take the impact of COD4:MW away and it's momumental arrival, MW3 is the best of the series. The sheer options available in terms of game modes, Elite (when it becomes stable) and class set-up options make the multiplayer a vast and satisfying experience. I was initially sceptical to the maps but now they have grown on me and I've found my own style amongst the terrain. The new additions of weapon ranking and proficiences is a fantastic step, the customisable strike packages (by class) as well as the 3 radically different ways of being rewarded make for not just a great personal set-up but also some real balance and team play in the games. The guns are balanced and work well and the equipment types are varied. The perks have been so well set up too, balanced, varied and again - personal.

The weakest element of any very good or better online game is the connectivity and providing MW3's does not deteriorate then this is fine, fair, above acceptable. There is lag now and then, some poor hosting and even jerky/jumping games once in a while, but this is week 2 and the previous 2 COD's were barely playable at the equivalent time. Sadly, because it had so much potential, BO never truly recovered and the biggest fault of "Lag Ops" (as it became known) was to change these forums forever. Never has so much abusive, negative and often unwaranted text been posted on a COD forum.

As a 1000+ poster across the previous games' forums I can tell you that while yes, there are still some constructive and interesting people posting here the vast majority don't contribute anything more than a "fart" - the post isn't pleasant, it doesn't really go anywhere and thankfully it doesn't last long. Constructive criticism or praise and ideas is what I used to read and respond to.

This is a call to arms, COME ON ALL YOU CODDERS, YOU'VE GOT THE FIREPOWER, NOW BRING BACK THE BRAINS!