5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2011 7:30 PM by ShaunYCash RSS

Negative XP (Unable to play online now)

http://i.imgur.com/DibHP.png

A breakdown of what happened, please read!

1. Started up the game, clicked Play Online (This is where it connects to their online servers to get the stats and level of the player)

2. Pressed F and joined up with two of my friends. I am about level 26 or so at this point.

3. Party leader joined a Domination Lobby.

4. We loaded the map and started playing.

5. I killed one person in the game and got a -998548721 XP message pop up instead of the normal 100 XP message. (This is a huge negative number).

6. I thought it seemed strange so I quit the game.

7. I look at my player stats that shows my emblem, name, rank, and banner and I'm back at level 1.

Now when I go into the game and try to play online I can get into a match and as soon as I would be gaining XP (Say for killing someone) I get disconnected from the game immediately.

This means I CANNOT play the game online as intended at all. I did NOTHING wrong myself. This needs to be fixed, either reset or reverted back to the way it was before this huge negative XP glitch happened. I can in NO WAY play the game online now as I should be able to do.

I have contacted Activision and they are basically giving me the run-around. Their support techs just say "I'll forward this to the proper channels" and that is it.

• Re: Negative XP (Unable to play online now)

Why don't you play on dedicated servers while this problem gets sorted out, or a solution becomes known? On servers, your XP isn't counted so you wont get disconnected.

Not much consolation, but at least you can get to play the game meanwhile.

TIP: You create your custom classes for dedicated servers in Play/Private Match/Create-a-Class. Your IWNet classes don't work on servers, so you have to make new ones. But everything is unlocked, so you can build your kits how you want.

poison_pawn

dante2010 wrote:

Why don't you play on dedicated servers while this problem gets sorted out, or a solution becomes known? On servers, your XP isn't counted so you wont get disconnected.

Not much consolation, but at least you can get to play the game meanwhile.

TIP: You create your custom classes for dedicated servers in Play/Private Match/Create-a-Class. Your IWNet classes don't work on servers, so you have to make new ones. But everything is unlocked, so you can build your kits how you want.

bump

try resetting your stats manually. Go to the MW3 folder then 'players' and erase all the .stats files. Then go to the Steam folder -> userdata -> and start searching the 'remote' folders wich are inside the folders with random numbers until you find the files 'iw5_md202ef8d' and 'iw5_md202ef8d.bak' or something like that (I dont know if they are the same files for everyone) and erase them too. That sould reset your rank.

PD: Sorry for bad english

For your Issue I got an Idea You may know how to join a dedicated server you found a ranked server team deathmath with Friendly Fire on you killed your teammate and you was losing XP instead of earning XP that probably what happen. Find a ranked dedicated server 999999 XP boost Free For All and you will turn back in a positive number of XP. and will resolve your probleme I've tested that on my private dedicated which is not open to anyone I was testing out the ranked client to create my own TDM HC server with 500 XP per kill...Have a nice day!