32 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2012 10:36 PM by trialstardragon RSS

MW3 Double tapping the Y button....

paneledcrayon

in mw2 double tapping the Y button was so smooth; however in mw3 its actualy terrible.....comeone infinity ward or sledgehammer gaming u guys got to fix this issue and some of the ther trickshoting problems!!!thanks 4 ur time!!

• Re: MW3 Double tapping the Y button....
    iamhollywood5

FYI the game isn't design around you pathetic trickshotters, it's designed around people who take the game seriously.

They purposely removed YY because many people also used it to cancel reloading, which they viewed as an exploit and I agree.  Pretty absurd to just "cancel" your reload in the middle of it and keep firing.  if you reload, you take the risk of being caught off gaurd.

YY was a skill people used to improve there gameplay, it required fast reflexes just as dropshotting does. And CoD isn't realistic at all so don't ever bring that up again. And if your also against dropshotting then you need to learn to adapt to how good people play. YY was a good tactic and no one complained about it, it was accepted.

i agree who cares about  trickshoters, its more of the pros (mlg)..im an amateur player, i only play gamesbattles but double taping Y is a way of keeping ur refexes and hands ready... now that it does a noise and changes guns we wont be able to do that

Guy, your dumb. nobody complined about "YY"ing. It is a simple tactic for being good at the game. maybe if you adapted you wouldnt be raging on here about why they took it off. there is nothing realistic about COD in the firstplace. Why not keep something GOOD people adapted to and few people complained about? Thats like saying you shouldnt be able to drop shot. If you wanna complain about minor exploits and being unrealistic, go play battlefield and get over it.

Lol, just because you people cannot adapt to learn better skills to be better at the game doesn't mean it's cheap. I never used YY to be flashy, YY has saved me so many times when I was caught in the middle of a reload. And basically what you guys are saying is when you and someone else are in a gunfight you want eachother to just stand there and take the bullets until someone dies? That is idiotic. Do you think someone in the army is gonna take bullets like that? No they do whatever they can to evade them, even dropping to the floor. Dropshotting and YY are bother tactics used by skilled players. Don't be made at them just because you choose not to learn them. Btw I brought up dropshotting because if your against YY I figured you were against Dropshotting. Basically you are against any tactic that can outdo you ingame.

firehawkshooter

Orihamu wrote:

Lol, just because you people cannot adapt to learn better skills to be better at the game doesn't mean it's cheap. Lol, dropshotting is a cheap tactic that "skilled" players use as a way to save their precious K/D.

I never used YY to be flashy, YY has saved me so many times when I was caught in the middle of a reload. If you were unfortunate enough to be caught during a reload, a) submit to your bad luck and die, b) knife, c) switch to your secondary. Obviously you are too "skilled" for that, though.

And basically what you guys are saying is when you and someone else are in a gunfight you want eachother to just stand there and take the bullets until someone dies?That is idiotic. Do you think someone in the army is gonna take bullets like that? Soldiers are smarter than that. The difference between them and you is that they check every corner, every possible niche in which enemies can hide. They don't "rush." One shot and chances are they're dead. No they do whatever they can to evade them, even dropping to the floor. Well then, tell me something. Can rapidly switching weapons in real life automatically put magazines back into your weapon? Hell no.

Dropshotting and YY are bother tactics used by skilled players. Don't be made at them just because you choose not to learn them. Btw I brought up dropshotting because if your against YY I figured you were against Dropshotting. Basically you are against any tactic that can outdo you ingame. Any tactic that can out do you in a game? No. I prefer to flank my enemy as my weapon of choice isn't usually meant to take foes head on. But of course, you choose some cheap weapon like the UMP-45 rapid fire and Type 95  along with dropshotting and YY reloading so you can pad your K/D to astonishing new levels. It's kind of funny, really. Just play the f*cking game.

First of all I don't use the type 95 or UMP, who said I do? NO ONE. I prefer using my Scar-L, pp90m1 or m4a1 when playing. I don't care about my K/D. Why would I sit there and take a death rather than dropshotting them so my team doesn't take another death? I don't die so I can help my team win. I play TDM and me having less deaths can be the difference between my team winning or losing. My team has won TDM so many time by barely a few kills when I play solo, I don't like to lose. Winning is what makes the game fun for me, it's what everyone likes to do. Very few people play the game expecting to lose, everyone wants to win.AND AGAIN. CoD is not realistic so it doesn't matter if using YY to reload faster is realistic or not. And besides if they have time to YY and cancel their reload as you start shotting at them then obviously you need to practice you aiming.

And I do play the game and dropshotting is a part of it. Why would they have tactical button layout in the game if dropshotting was not supposed to be in the game? Would you rather have me panic knife people which takes absolutely no skill?

Did you really put "knife" as an option? your dumb. Knifing in COD is the most unrealistic compared to any other first person shooter ever made. you Can't whip a knife out and cut comeones leg in a second and expect them to die. Panic knifing is the noobiest, unskilled thing in the game. It should be an option like battlefields, if you wanna knife, you have to pull it out, and keep it out. and to get an instant kill, assassinate.

vileself

This guy is correct. Players who adapted enough skill to cancel their reloads and dodge enemy bullets are the ones who survive and get killstreaks and win matches.

lol so using exploits are now considered skill?

no...go away, trickshotting is not skill, try quick scoping for your killfeeds, hell trying normal sniping for your killfeeds thats MUCH MUCH MUCH more skillfull. im glad they messed with the YY stuff, i havent seen any of your retards campin on ladders in SnD yet and im enjoying the hell out of it

The thing that pisses me off is how people are saying that it's just because of the reload thing. You can still cancel your reload mid fight. It's called sprinting. It's not an exploit that they saw. Canceling your reload IS, in fact, a tactic. MLG players use it, average players use it, GB players use it; it's not an exploit. However they did take out the yy system because of all the little whiny kids who complained about people "camping on ladders in an SnD match." They realized to make their whole community happy, they would take this out and give the candy to the little kid that's asking for the candy. Trickshotters are still here whether you like it or not.
    Now, where people say trickshotting doesn't take skill, that's what REALLY pisses me off. I'd like to see one of you AR tryhards to try trickshotting. Go and, for the last kill of a game, take out your sniper and trickshot someone. I bet you that you'll hit the guy 1/10 times. It takes skill. Skill a lot of people may not have but skill. People just say it's cheap and stupid because they can't find themselves do it, so why not just put it down?
    Play the ******* game how it is. If there's a trickshotter, leave the game, don't ******* whine like an 8 year old. If someone "exploits" (cancels) a reload, give them props for having mad reflexes. If Infinity Ward didn't take it out, then stop ********. They haven't taken out canceling of a reload so stop saying they did. Just play the game and have fun.

YY was actually removed in order to do perk "balancing", much like the stun throw speed reduction, SMG ADS move speed reduction, and a bunch of other things.

Why would you care about fast weapon swap when YY halves it in itself?

Well, I know... it's still got use, but it's highly diminished.

That is not a problem, IMO, and skills should always be comparable to something a perk can offer.

This is just more noobification [Yeah, I make my own words up. You mad?] of CoD.

Triangle Triangle worked with the default LMG class when I tried last night.

im pretty sure they made it slower to counter the jitter mod

**** you and **** trick shooting.

It makes me laugh when I see these fools trying 360 no scopes for the final cam only to get killed.

There just fools and hopefully when I'm playing bops2 these twats will be still in mw3 because it looks like all the gay sniper crap won't be in bops2

So op get used to it as you won't be doing this **** in bops2 so it looks like mw is your game for another 12 months lol

really guys this thread has been dead since november ............