5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 27, 2012 9:50 PM by sovietcookie RSS

I don't understand IW/SH logic.

They said they wanted to make this game focus more on gun on gun, so they make dropshotting almost completely unreliable and didn't do anything to the knife.......

• Re: I don't understand IW/SH logic.

What does a cheap tactic like drop-shotting have to do with gun-on-gun gameplay? I'm glad they nerfed that garbage. The knife isn't a big deal; the melee is much slower than in most other games. I'm not entirely sure how the lunge works, as it seems to happen very randomly IMO.

fallenshadow000 wrote:

What does a cheap tactic like drop-shotting have to do with gun-on-gun gameplay? So drop-shotting is cheap and a 1 hit kill knife that has lunge properties isn't?

I'm glad they nerfed that garbage. Yet they never fix'ed the knife.......

The knife isn't a big deal; the melee is much slower than in most other games. You sure? Countless times I've been killed by a knife when I'm not even on the person's screen and if that doesn't happen the knifer insta 180's me and gets a cheap kill.....

I'm not entirely sure how the lunge works, as it seems to happen very randomly IMO.

Are you saying that if dropshotting was more effective the game would be more gun on gun?Because if you are then I would have to respectfully disagree with you.  By "didn't do anything with the knife" I suppose you mean they didn't change it from MW2 and it's still very effective?  This is quite untrue and in my experience the knifing in MW3 is very weak and I wouldn't even think about using it unless I plan to beforehand. 

If you meant something else, then I am sorry.  I just cannot tell exactly what point you are trying to make...

Grubsta wrote:

Are you saying that if dropshotting was more effective the game would be more gun on gun?Because if you are then I would have to respectfully disagree with you.  By "didn't do anything with the knife" I suppose you mean they didn't change it from MW2 and it's still very effective?  This is quite untrue and in my experience the knifing in MW3 is very weak and I wouldn't even think about using it unless I plan to beforehand. 

If you meant something else, then I am sorry.  I just cannot tell exactly what point you are trying to make...

I admit, I like to DS, howerver they made to the point that there is no reason to use the tactical layout. What it should have been:

Nerf drop-shotting: Make it slow as hell. (What they did)

Nerf the knife: Two hit kill in the front and 1 hit kill in the back. 0 lunge. (What they should've done.)

What it is now:

Nerfed drop-shotting: Slow as hell.

Barely made any changes to the knife: Still a 1 hit kill in the front. A ton of lunge and during that lunge you won't take any damage.

How is that fair?