1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next 375 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2012 12:54 AM by sgtGanGreen Go to original post RSS
  • 60. Re: MW3 PATCH DETAILS

four zero two should be fired

• 61. Re: MW3 PATCH DETAILS
    maccabi

while I agree changelogs are needed I think there are two very good reasons why they are not being posted at present.

The first is some hotfixes ect dont actually effect the game are are more backend stuff and

secondly the main reason is feedback.

If they hotfix/patch something that effects the game and/or deals with a complaint alot of people have by not posting changelogs the feedback they get is unbiased and gives a much more accurate gauge to see if what they did had an effect.

it eliminates the placebo effect , by that i mean if for example they have said oh we patched the lag alot of people would post yeah its alot better just because they think it should be..

whereas a better indication would be to say nothing and wait for the hmmm is it me or is the lag suddenly better/worse comments to start piling in.

*disclaimer this is my own personal opinion based on when i used to be in the game industry and also didnt post changelogs (ok sometimes i was just plain lazy)

• 62. Re: MW3 PATCH DETAILS

maccabi wrote:

while I agree changelogs are needed I think there are two very good reasons why they are not being posted at present.

The first is some hotfixes ect dont actually effect the game are are more backend stuff and

secondly the main reason is feedback.

If they hotfix/patch something that effects the game and/or deals with a complaint alot of people have by not posting changelogs the feedback they get is unbiased and gives a much more accurate gauge to see if what they did had an effect.

it eliminates the placebo effect , by that i mean if for example they have said oh we patched the lag alot of people would post yeah its alot better just because they think it should be..

whereas a better indication would be to say nothing and wait for the hmmm is it me or is the lag suddenly better/worse comments to start piling in.

*disclaimer this is my own personal opinion based on when i used to be in the game industry and also didnt post changelogs (ok sometimes i was just plain lazy)

You dont think it screams of amateur with no patch notes on a agme this big Maccabi?

• 63. Re: MW3 PATCH DETAILS
    ghorman

@Maacabi - there is no reason for a lack of changelogs.  I handle a multi-million dollar production environment over 200+ servers and we send logs to every customer about changes, updates and outages.

• 64. Re: MW3 PATCH DETAILS

who cares if it's a minor update, CoD:BO was always up to date on what the patch did, even if it was something small, they still notified the masses about it almost immediately.

• 65. Re: MW3 PATCH DETAILS
    moshu23

Signed.

Treyarch always posted their updates.

• 66. Re: MW3 PATCH DETAILS
    maccabi

ghorman wrote:

@Maacabi - there is no reason for a lack of changelogs.  I handle a multi-million dollar production environment over 200+ servers and we send logs to every customer about changes, updates and outages.

i just gave you a possible reason, as i said it was my opinion and might be wrong but thats what we used to do as it is the best way to gauge the effects from an unbiased sample.

• 67. Re: MW3 PATCH DETAILS

xMRxNemo wrote:

who cares if it's a minor update, CoD:BO was always up to date on what the patch did, even if it was something small, they still notified the masses about it almost immediately.

Agreed, and If I recall IW and SH on stage a few months ago said they were going to do thier best to listen to the community and do things right this time. Guess that was a lie and poor planning jsut as much as CoD:Elite will be available to everyone from day one.

xx Signed

• 68. Re: MW3 PATCH DETAILS
    maccabi

xMRxNemo wrote:

Actually not true 3arch did the same withheld changelogs for unbiased reactions and feedback. seriously tis true

• 69. Re: MW3 PATCH DETAILS
    swake457

signed!

1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next