1 27 28 29 30 31 Previous Next 401 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2012 8:50 AM by Foxhound-Pro Go to original post RSS
  • 280. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION
    dlundebjerg28

signed

and I'm not signing it because I actually want it gone, because lag compensation is necessary. I'm signing this because I want all you whiny ******* to get your wish, only to realize how stupid you actually are. You need lag compensation in a game, otherwise the target your shooting at on your screen isn't actually there and you would have to guess at everyones connection and guess whether to shoot in front of or behind players. Lag compensation is a necessary evil. Yes, you there are instances where everyone gets the **** end of the stick, but it needs to be there. So I really hope you get your wish, realize how stupid and uneducated you are, and suffer for your stupidity

• 281. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION

"You need lag compensation in a game, otherwise the target your shooting at on your screen isn't actually there and you would have to guess at everyones connection and guess whether to shoot in front of or behind players. Lag compensation is a necessary evil. Yes, you there are instances where everyone gets the **** end of the stick, but it needs to be there."

Since the update I have played about 50 games, a lot less then I normally would :( out of those 50 games. I have had 2 games where I could play without insane lag and had good games, before the update. About 60 to 70% of the games were playable and the game was still fun.

As to guessing where to shoot, lol now I can empty a full mag at someone and they turn around or see me fire a quick burst and I am dead ? A lot of my kills since the update have been more luck then anything else. We are not talking about a small amount of lag here ?

We are talking about seeing other players warping across maps, now you see them, now you don't. Ops then they are next to you killing you ?

Moving along the map, nice and clear in front, you checked to make sure there are no enemy players. Move from cover and bang, you get shoot from someone, that was not there less then a second before and he is out in the open and not near cover :(

Try playing were every enemy player is now like a moving camper, you can not see them until you are dead or if you do see them, you can't hit them and you still get killed.

Or even better you are trying to move, but end up bouncing off every single object in the map because your screen keeps freezing as you try to move and you just can not move.

Not just incidents of this happening, but nearly all the time

• 282. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION

Tonight was REALLY bad.  We had 5 host migrations in one game and another game it finally just locked up and kicked us all out (after a few minutes of freezing for 5 seconds and then advancing one frame).  My PS3 locked up 2 times to the point that I had to hit the button to restart.

For some reason, since the latest patch I am almost always the host and that really blows.  I play with a party and I started backing out at the beginning of games and then joining back in just to force a host migration.  On a few occsions there was a second host migration and it made me the host again.  When I am the host my shots don't register, I get killed around corners, and it is just not an enjoyable game. 

This is beyond rediculous at this point. 

• 283. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION
    lowernu82

sign!!

• 284. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION

should call up activision customer support and ask for the ports to add to your router so you wont get lag.

• 285. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION

Bunkone7 wrote:

should call up activision customer support and ask for the ports to add to your router so you wont get lag.

Nothing to do with port forwarding, DMZ or any other router tweak you can mention, its host disadvantage which is a mechanic of the game its self.

• 286. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION
    BLACKDOG

Signed

• 287. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION
    ghamorra

Removing lag compensation would be like removing the brakes out of your car. Games would be spinning out of control and you'll just end up dying

• 288. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION
    Army_of_COD

Hopefully it will be solved soon. It is necessary but needs to be balanced. Not to favour anyone, if so it should be the host.

Why should people pay more and get the best connection which can be hosting for the other players and getting worst lag as "thank you"!

• 289. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION

ghamorra wrote:

Removing lag compensation would be like removing the brakes out of your car. Games would be spinning out of control and you'll just end up dying

No it wouldn't, you would end up with one person with the advantage just like many year ago when everyone feared the LPB. However you would also have a game where the other 11 players are on a level playing field rather than one team having a new arse ripped open because the game can't make its mind up what on earth it wants to do with the host.

Anyhoo the days of massively different pings are long gone, you just don't get 10ms Vs 450ms matches anymore cos everyone is on DSL, providing the game has the brains to pick similar location and ping times you don't need to handicap any one player just because they are host, any host advantage is going to be tiny in comparison to years gone by.

1 27 28 29 30 31 Previous Next