30 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2011 3:50 PM by sovietsong RSS

It's not camping, it's defensive strategy

swagger5

Everyone compains about campers. No one complains about run and gunners with their p90 with rapid fire and sleight of hand. Camping, or playing defensive, is a way to counter that. No one is forcing you to run into that building 3 times in a row.

Idiots.

You have flashbangs for a reason. Use them. There are plenty of counters for defensive players. Stop complaining. If you don't like defensive players, make them come to you, or flash and stun their brains out.

Any decent player can take out a camper if you take a breath and slow down a second. They have provided options for every kind of player. Stop complaining. Bad players will put the blame anywhere but on themselves.

I experience lag and bad spawns just like everyone else, but I am still able to go positive almost every game. Not only that, but I have over a 2 k/d. Just breathe, slow down, stop raging and gain some skill.

No, I do not camp very often. Depending on the map, I will snipe, use an AR and play fairly defensive, or run and gun with a submachine gun.

Play tactical, play smart.

• Re: It's not camping, it's defensive strategy
    swagger5

I forgot to add that if I ma using a sniper rifle, I am not camping. A sniper sits back and picks people up. That is his job. Quick scopers have ruined that image. Don't get mad when I sit back and pick off 6 guys in a row because you all run at me like a bunch of Lemmings.

swagger5 wrote:

I forgot to add that if I ma using a sniper rifle, I am not camping. A sniper sits back and picks people up. That is his job. Quick scopers have ruined that image. Don't get mad when I sit back and pick off 6 guys in a row because you all run at me like a bunch of Lemmings.

If it's a sniper it's ok...

If it's laying down on a door with ADS on the entrance, waiting for someone to go through there... That's camping.

Don't be stupid.

Camping is camping regardless of weapon or equipment used.

I'm a camper and I don't apologise for it.  I get countless heroes who keep coming back trying to make an example of me and when they can't I get abusive messages.

If you keep coming back, I'll keep killing you.

OP is correct, use flashbangs etc and stop whinging.

flameweilder8

swagger5 wrote:

Everyone compains about campers. No one complains about run and gunners with their p90 with rapid fire and sleight of hand. Camping, or playing defensive, is a way to counter that. No one is forcing you to run into that building 3 times in a row.

Idiots.

You have flashbangs for a reason. Use them. There are plenty of counters for defensive players. Stop complaining. If you don't like defensive players, make them come to you, or flash and stun their brains out.

Any decent player can take out a camper if you take a breath and slow down a second. They have provided options for every kind of player. Stop complaining. Bad players will put the blame anywhere but on themselves.

I experience lag and bad spawns just like everyone else, but I am still able to go positive almost every game. Not only that, but I have over a 2 k/d. Just breathe, slow down, stop raging and gain some skill.

No, I do not camp very often. Depending on the map, I will snipe, use an AR and play fairly defensive, or run and gun with a submachine gun.

Play tactical, play smart.

Because the game SHOULD be run and gun.

People hate campers because they use chokepoints to make kills, confine some players, and whatnot.

If you had a sniper rifle without quickscoping, I'd be TOTALLY cool with it.

I hate how some ******* pops out some place where they camp, quickscope, shoot, and I get shot. The lag compensation makes this sooo unbearable because I always get shot behind objects.

If you have a shotgun and camp, oh well. If you can make a kill with those shitty guns, then you deserve it.

I agree with tactical play.  Of course there is a clear destinction between sitting in a random corner, and staying in a designated area (such as a chokepoint) in order to gain the advantage on the map.

swagger5

The game SHOULD be played however people want. There is no set of rules dictating how people should play. If they are laying down in a doorway or at a chokepoint, you can: go around, flash them, stun them, throw a grenade in, shoot through the wall, just not go in at all. There are plenty of options. Like I said before, no one is forcing you to go around that corner. Is it frustrating? Sure. Can it be countered? Definitely.

If they want to play "dirty", feel free to do the same.

ImOld6reg

I complain more about noobs with SMGs than campers every day, probly becuase of Counter Strike where using a p90 was the trade mark of teribble players.  Campers have there role on the team, they offer at least some kind of map control somthing this game needs badly spawning at random locations all over them map is just wrong, especially on game modes like domination.  With them camping there the enemy is less likly to spawn in that area, it still happens but it helps.    I wish machine guns saw more use they offer so much to a team, they have deadly accuraccy when prone and can lock down entire areas of the map, somthing no one on this games seems to know of but was a must in games like Day of Defeat.

Lol. The camping I see in almost every game is anything but 'defensive strategy'. However, something tells me you will believe what you need to believe anyway. So, carry on.

In the off chance that you are someone who actually does play defensively, but not truly camping....well, kudos. It's possible.

Don't think for a second, though, that most of us don't have a reason to call out the campers. We see them hiding in dark corners for the entire match...and it happens every game. It's also usually 75% or more of the lobby. They have no strategy other than praying someone will run by without noticing them and they can shoot the person in the back....hopefully more than once before they die and have to spawn somewhere else and find a new dark corner.

swagger5

I very rarely see that kind of "dark corner" camping myself. And even when it does happen, I go back and kill them, so they get 1 or 2 kills max each time. Its not very effective against good players, and it doesn't help out their team very much either, so I just go on with my life. If they suck, that means more kills for me.

The problem with camping in this game is that it's too effective. They need to do some rebalancing.

1. Assassin Pro should be countered by Advanced UAV, Marksman and Heartbeat Sensor.

2. All explosives (including the tube) need to be buffed. Currently they're useless and there are no ways to take out those campers without exposing yourself.

There, camping made less viable.

Assasin pro is countered by AUAV, if heartbeat countered assasin it would be cut out of the game due to the fact that there would be nothing to counter that. And if there's a camper in some corner its easy to tube him...

If it's so easy to tube him, surely you actually use the GL attachment on your classes? Doubt it. People who say the tube is fine in this game are probably people who are still butthurt about MW2 tubes. I've tried the tube a few times in MW3, recorded some Theater footage about it also and checked it afterwards. Several times I tubed perfectly into their feet or a wall a few inches behind them and they just shrugged it off. With no Blast Shield. Ridiculous.

Like I said, this time there are perfect counters for grenade launchers, a perk and a piece of equipment. If you feel like you're getting tubed alot, you should have to use those. Explosive damage needs to be like it was in MW2.

And no, Advanced UAV doesn't show Assassin users (unless they fixed that already?)

I agree and disagree with this post because there are two ends of the spectrum, meaning two kinds of camper.

There's the kind of player that takes high traffic spots and sets up nearby, using cover and clipping if necessary. In most slayer-based gametypes this is a smart move. Most, if not all of the time you are a present threat that's hard to kill.

Then there's the sit-in-a-corner in the hangar on Outpost kind of guy. Not much needs to be said about him.

I'm a very agrressive but aware player, for me campers arent a problem. There's always a way they didn't think of, can't counter, didnt consider or cant anticipate. It's a camper's job to know them and a rusher's job to exploit them.

shut up with your '' strategy'' no1 would play this game, if everyone would be '' as you say '' playing a good strategy. ( camping ). there would be no 1 playing this game anymore.i rather have a game full of runners. do you like it, to start a match and end a match with 3 kills and 0 deaths, because you think camping is good.get a life.

I hate campers in Modern Warfare 3 (both the sniper and the hide-in-corner) because there simply is nothing to counter it. Throw a flash/stun? It needs to be placed directly in front of the enemy or the effect will be only minimal? Grenade/tube (the classic response to campers)? It takes two frags/tubes to kill people, and that's if the enemy DOES not have Blast Shield. Advanced UAV/Recon Drone? WHOOP-DE-DAY-DO! You know where the enemy is, now HOW CAN I KILL HIM?! Fact is: equipment are underpowered, snipers/campers are overpowered, which is why I really never play anything aside from Kill Confirmed/Free-for-all.

I tend to call people ingame campers when they kill me even tho i know that their not camping, just defending the bomb.

I dont know why but it pisses me off whenever i die when im on a streak lol.

blb128

The reason there are campers is because there are many different skill levels in the game. People who can't aim and shoot properly or don't have confidence in their skills will sit in a corner and wait for someone to walk by or lay down in building and ADS at the doorway. Its alot easier to kill someone that has their back to you or doesn't shoot back. Thank god there are run n gunners or else I could go make a sandwich and come back and still be alive.

PS. im a run n gunner and with out us there would be no action or  a game period

cod is the easiest shooter of all multiplayer shooters and mw3 is the easiest of them all and you feel the need to lie prone on a table or in a kitchen and wait for someone to walk by, your a lame this game is easy you suck go out there and kill somebody, but honestly i could care less more campers=easy kills for me, all i do is kill campers i literally go into every building one at a time sherrifs department this a raid boom boom boom singles sometimes doubles multis cause campers like to chill together and have butt sex with each other or idk what there doing maybe watching tv in there new house idk, aggressive camping is cool i guess but these kids that just lie in a corner waiting for someone to pass by are really lame and must have no confidence in there abilities to go out and kill everybody which they should not doubt cause this game is extremely easy.

and its not defensive strategy its camping not that its a bad thing if you do it you do it, but it is what it is

I play Domination quite a bit, so this has to do with that game type.

When the enemy team is losing and just sitting back, not even going for captures, just laying by their one flag, that is camping.

They don't care about winning the domination game, they just do it for their K/D ratios.

Those are the 'Campers' I hate.

I guess everyone has a different view of what a camper is.

People play CoD for it's fast paced gameplay. Sitting in a corner waiting for someone is no where near fast paced. It contradicts why people play this game in the first place.

If you put your back in a corner and ADS at an entrance with a claymore at the other entrance,  then you are a worthless player. 

Play to win

http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win-part-1.html

I read this during my SF days, changed my outlook on the shoto scrubs, gaming and life in general.

Basically you label "campers" as bad and logically then i presume "run and gunners" good?

Your aim is to get the most kills or gain the most points from objectives.

You constrain yourself further by placing arbitrary rules in place restricting how you will achieve this. You are a scrub.

A good player will not restrict himself. He will defend C "camping as you'd call it" even when no ones around. Finish on the winning side 15-2.

You will keep running at B maybe cap it once or twice but lose nonetheless.25-20

You will complain that the Type is too good. You won't use it but you'll complain.

The good player will use whatever best acheives the objective OP or not.

You sir are a scrub.