8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2011 4:39 PM by pneumatic RSS

Screen Freezing BS!!! IW Fix this CRAP!!

I am sick and tired of Activision, Treyarch, and IW pissing on the PS3 community!!  From Black Ops to MW minimap 3, the issues from the lag/screen freezing up is f'ing rediculous!!  Every since the last patch, whenever I attempt to play online, my screen freezes for a second or two.  We all know that since these maps are so f'ing small, that you have an enemy on you within those 1 to 2 seconds.  I can't tell you how many times I have been in a gun fight and lose because my screen freezes up and I stop shooting.  When I watch my killcam, all too many times since this last pitiful patch, my opponent has a SMOOTH flow to his screen and I just stop shooting giving him an easy kill.  IW, Robert Bowling, if your listening to these forums, fix this crap and give us some maps that have some space to move in and fix the travesty that is the multiplayer for the PS3.  I feel like a rat in a cage with these poorly designed maps.  I would rather have noob tubes, OMA, commando lunge, and scavenger refills than this crap they have spoon fed us!!  And please don't get me started on the BS of Elite...they hyped it up and didn't realize the magnitude of people that wanted to use it!!  Come the F on!!  I'm beyond pissed and I think I'll go get noob tubed on MW2...at least that game runs smooth.

• Re: Screen Freezing BS!!! IW Fix this CRAP!!
    forrest-gump____

Yeah ive had the same today, i've hard froze twice as well

The connection was fine and dandy for me before the patch, now its a joke

It's been shite for me since the game came out, most of the time.

And even though more people are having problems now you're still going to have some stupid know it all **** that'll say there's nothing wrong with the game and that it's everyones shitty internet connections and how they should upgrade it.

I'm not trying to sound like a know it all here by any means but the lag issues are mostly from high end traffic. The beta's can only do so much and only have a limited number of users. Your screen freezing isn't the softwares fault, its your PS3 mate (I've had the same issue in the past with a PS3 its a sign your system is overworked and overfilled) I corrected it by a factory restore. This game has issues but seriously, it happens with EVERY CoD launch. I don't see why people complain about such a thing. If it goes on a month into release then sure by all means be pissed off (believe me, I'd be just as mad if not more then some of you) This is the black ops and MW2 forums all over again. Just relax folks, give it time. If its giving you such a problem now just sit down with some other titles for now and forget MW3 is even on your shelf. I've been having my fair share of problems myself as some of my posts and comments show. Just sit tight, give it time. Patience is a key here. Again, not trying to be mr. Know-it-all here. Just throwing an honest two cents of insight out there.

I just accidently liked your post... lol.

other games work fine for me though and I never had a problem with MW2 and even Black ops wasn't as bad.

iAmEFFeX

No offense, but this isn't the case. It's not PS3's fault. So, if this still happens on a new PS3 with a fairly clean hard drive, what excuse do we use then?

Draunzor wrote:

I'm not trying to sound like a know it all here by any means but the lag issues are mostly from high end traffic. The beta's can only do so much and only have a limited number of users.

These aren't dedicated servers. The more traffic there is on the P2P style servers that CoD games use, the less lag there is supposed to be (due to the increase in overall bandwidth available).

These connectivity issues need to be tested when there are fewer available servers, because those are the less than ideal conditions - similar to server overloading for dedicated servers.

I had a final killcam where I managed to battle through the freezes and get the last kill.  The freeze showed up in the kill cam and the lobby was saying "THAT HAPPENS TO ME TOO!  What's with this f-ing game?".  lol