10 Replies Latest reply: Nov 24, 2011 3:15 PM by lostinplace RSS

TRUE MW3 CONNECTION SPEED FACT

After a weeks worth of research & connection speed test...i have found that if your connection speed is between 8mbps-12mbps download speed you will generally have a better connection for COD with a rough upload speed of around 0.800-1.2 mbps upload..

if your connection is slower then the above you will still have a fairly good game depending on how much slower your connection speed is..

both the above connection speed downloads/uploads will prob not make you host aslong as your connection speed dosent go quicker then the 12 mbps download...

if your in the bracket of having a super quick connection speed of anything above the 12 mbps download speed... you will be host .. this has major lag problems because being host your at a dissadvantage straight away.. first off theres the lag compensation which is totally unfair and penilises you with added lag.. second you wont be able to kill an enemy as quick as an enemy can kill you.. third your game will stutter alot more.. etc etc...

As dedicated servers will prob never come to the COD console world.. something has to be done with being a host on this game if we are to enjoy the whole experienc.. ive had so many pointless games being host and to be honest,i would rather just leave.. same problem as black ops really.. anyway as we were promised that the network on mw3 would be alot better i can clearly say that it isnt..

i have done numerous tests from different friends on all different broadband speeds with different isp's and can honestly say the above is a true fact.. i have also found that cable broadband seems to handle being host slightly better as it doesnt bottleneck as much but its still not brilliant.. i have also found that having a wired connection helps in the game not stuttering quite as much compared to going wireless which is almost a joke when also hosting..

my gripe is how & why was'nt this tested before the game was launched.. ???

why also was the whole COD MW3 community promised that the network would be alot better .. ???

the below was Q & A regarding robert bowling !!!

http://www.cagclan.com/cag-forums/12-mw3-modern-warfare-3-news-and-announcements /8144-121-qaa-about-mw3-by-robert-bowling-infinity-wards-creative-strategist

6. JGplaysguitar: Can you assure us that this game will be as good on ps3 as xbox? Unlike black ops… also please dumb down noob tubes.

Robert Bowling: @JGplaysguitar Yes, making sure that the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of #MW3 run at the same high standard and quality is extremely important.

80. M33rkat23: Can you please confirm or deny local serach in mw3 pretty please with sugar on top?

Robert Bowling: @M33rkat23 We’ve put a lot of work on optimizing local search automatically, especially for our foreign players.

82. JMBlackburn83: How will Matchmaking work in #MW3 on consoles – I heard it’s the same as Black Ops and that’s not good in any way for CoD

Robert Bowling: @JMBlackburn83 Not the same as Black Ops but hard to explain in 140 characters. Lots of improvements went in for party + local searches.

89. Firestarterr74: Can I get a no if you can’t disclose the hosting as dedicated servers or peer to peer please.

Robert Bowling: @Firestarterr74 Matchmaking and Dedicated servers on PC. Only P2P matchmaking on consoles. #MW3

• Re: TRUE MW3 CONNECTION SPEED FACT

I agree i have 8mbps internet speed with sky and i always have 3 bars connection.

where as if i connect to the bussiness broadband down the road by hanging my ps3 out the window and racthet straping it to the ledge i can get 1Gb download and upload speed and im host all the time now with 1Gb speeds up and down being host shouldnt be a problem but tell you what its like your gun is bent you have to alwasy shot to the left or right of the person thats stood still to hit them. thats how they compensate for the host the markers for people are split in to 2 with a small gap in the middle.

But i must admit if i run 6torrents all at the same time and use nettools to jam my connection i wont be host but i can then stop the nettools when the game has started and BAM im the best player in the world with 1Gb speeds.

So a word to the wise if you wish not to be host then use nettools and use the udpflooder to jam your router untill the game starts then press stop and you have all your speed to play with without being host.

This is probs unfair but i dont see this as a cheat glitch hack ect or explot its just you decideing you dont want to be host as peer to peer gaming will start to rinse your usage allowance if your host for uploading and downloading so much from all 12 players compared to the guys that are not host for downloading the bullits shot at them

I hope this makes sense to people.

im still trying to think what update/tweek will fix another broken multiplayer game.. ?

god_boom

FALSE:

BO and MW measure your UPLOAD speed to determine if you get host. Upload speed is more important for hosting games than download speeds, set ur upload to under 1Mbps and you will rarely get host, set it above 2-3 and you will always get host.

Host player send out data so upload speed is much more important.

DEVIL_MAY5

You may or you may not believe that I've a 1Mbps connection, and I played like a 3000 matches of COD black ops and I didn't have a problem AT ALL... no freezing no lagging.

it's their job to match-make players with similar pings and close connection speed.

Wake me up when this problem ends.

IJK_Caboose

i think your right about the lag.

im using a business connection for all internet in my house and  am almost always the host. lag is atrocious in almost all my matches, only when i join a game that is already in play do i not get hit by other peoples lag.

Btw my connection is 50mb synchronised upload/download with BT

maccabi

LEGEND-SHIZ wrote:

After a weeks worth of research & connection speed test...i have found that if your connection speed is between 8mbps-12mbps download speed you will generally have a better connection for COD with a rough upload speed of around 0.800-1.2 mbps upload..

if your connection is slower then the above you will still have a fairly good game depending on how much slower your connection speed is..

both the above connection speed downloads/uploads will prob not make you host aslong as your connection speed dosent go quicker then the 12 mbps download...

if your in the bracket of having a super quick connection speed of anything above the 12 mbps download speed... you will be host ..

Sorry to burst your bubble but...

host isnt selected by download bandwidth , "speed" does not change with a higher bandwidth braodband package only the amount you can down/up at the same speed at the same time. seeing as game traffic wont even tax the most basic of broadband packages your findings are basically well to be blunt  wrong

your tests if you even did any basically show that the average broadband speed for most people gives you the same average game expereince as everyone else ie you found out nothing.

Sorry for the late reply as have been play testing etc.. this whole thread was about being HOST and how your connection will make you host.. my connection is http://speedtest.net/result/1600641706.png which makes me host 99% of the time because i have a super quick download speed and a super quick upload speed..

Lots of friends who have between 8-12mbps download with an average upload of around 1mbps seem to be able to play without any problems because others gernerally host for them,leaving them to play without lag as there not the host but there connection is quick enough to kill ...

There are lots of players who have slow connections obviously but as they have a slow connection they will never host.. (kind of an advantage) especially how there is a compensation lag to help the slower connections..

im not the only gamer to state that hosting is a problem so sorry to burst your bubble my friend but you mave misinterpreted what i have said.. so if you could pick up what i have been throwing down to you and maybe wake up to the fact that hosting is a hinderance.. and that players with fast connection speeds will suffer it seems in the world of MW3..