20 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2011 7:34 PM by XyZ_BSG RSS

similarity between mw3 and black ops

so i understand 3arch made both the games, but to be honest black ops and mw3 are the same game...and they both suck.

1.overpowered guns: on black ops it was the famas (you can say it was the ak-74u or the aug etc. but the famas beat them.) on mw3 we have: EVERY shotgun, some snipers, and EVERY machine pistol (everyone uses akimbo now, i've yet to see ONE person who dosn't)

2. both games have that ALMOST perfect, but not, hit-detection. (mw3 might be lower)

those are the only reasons off the top of my head i can think of. there are also things that i think black ops did a better job with, such as knifing and maps.

i am not trolling anyone, i just feel like this: different game, different gameplay. (in my dreams)

• Re: similarity between mw3 and black ops

I would say MW3 is an imrpovement on OP guns, I would say the only OP guns are the Akimbo MP-9s and FMGs, they can kill easily from medium range to close range in an instant. The snipers are also easy to spam and get one shot kills, I would say sniping lost its skill factor.

I think the knifing was much better in MW3, and the maps are made for gun-on-gun, not helis getting kills for you.

EDIT: Forgot the Type 95, it shouldn't be a one burst kill.

Daisy-Fan

People like you dont understand that TYPE95 its not only 1SHOTKILL, im mostly getting HIT MAKER with it!

FreshKing wrote:

EDIT: Forgot the Type 95, it shouldn't be a one burst kill.

Actually the burst guns have mostly been one burst kill its just that most people never have been able to use them this easily untill MW3 the problem that I found black ops was that if some one shot at you your guy would flinch causing you to miss and die but I overcame this using hardened pro. In MW3 the Type 95 is an almost an exact replica of the MW2 FAMAS and only now are people realizing its potential and is being used more causing people to think its OP.

i think the type 95 is OK. not a whole bunch of people use it but i agree it shouldn't be 1 shot (or burst if there's seriously a difference) kill. snipers are also retarded now, espectialy that one sniper (i forgot the name) which has no delay whatsoever on the shot so it's basicaly a machine sniper.

I've had no problem one burst killing when shooting at the chest or higher, it makes it seem like a sniper, the same happens to me when I get killed. The Famas in MW2 isn't like the Type 95. I just know its easier to kill with than the M16 in MWR (due to lag) and in MW.

XyZ_BSG

[Troll comment goes here]

No really this game has problems?

+100

Common Sense

you have actualy 0 common sense. i was compairing games dumb-ass...

XyZ_BSG wrote:

[Troll comment goes here]

No really this game has problems?

+100

Common Sense

XyZ_BSG

Yeah they are simmilar its Call Of F#$KING Duty. They patch the game and do what we ask them.

You are one of the reasons Treyarch would quit on us. The less we hear of you the better.

/thread

I think you need to shutup and stop trolling. Yes hes complaining but that gives you no right to go yell and scream at him. Have you ever heard the saying"if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all"? Also if I was game designer I would want my fans to give their honest opinons on the game so I could make the game better and gather feedback.

XyZ_BSG wrote:

Yeah they are simmilar its Call Of F#$KING Duty. They patch the game and do what we ask them.

You are one of the reasons Treyarch would quit on us. The less we hear of you the better.

/thread

XyZ_BSG

In no way did I yell or scream. (Granted I was too harsh and I do agree on that point)

The thread just gives off a bad vibe.

Honest is honest and I understand. I just see it as way different the cotrols as one and the maps are dirasticly different.

I just have to deal with the complaining on Youtube (I am a web designer for them and deal with complaining all the time.) Patches will happen and the code they have is mainipulated. (They also have to replicate servers to not bother you while you play to make the patches.)

My two cents may be different but I am not for one trolling just a bit pissed and I am sorry for the sugestive theme in my comment of it.

yeh, it is call of duty. but it's a different call of duty. and sience it's a different call of duty i would expect it to be a different game. and treyarch would never quit on us. they are the best company i know on nintendo. if infinaty ward was making these games without treyarch we would never have had cod, and if we did it would be rated T and it would have COD 1 graphics,and there would be no patches.

XyZ_BSG wrote:

/thread

Type 95 = FAMAS MW2 w/ Stopping Power = OP

FAMAS BO = OP

Type 95  = FAMAS

XyZ_BSG

Do you know what a Patch is? Atleast its not full auto. Plus it doesn't mean that you don't stand a chance agianced it?

Is there a button that says you can't use a weapon on your game? Mine doesn't, good players can play with any gun but my prefrence is MSR, (let me guess thats OP too?)

You are already in a disadvantage with the burst fire. Now the G11 that was about equal to the Type 95 but did people complain about that? No not for the most part.

Put your big boy pants on and master every weapon even the "OP" weapons.

you can't judge a good player if he/she uses a OP gun... anyone can use an OP gun and kill 20-40 kills a game. the g-11 was an aweful gun i hated it it was somewhat OP. the famas was OP in mw2 and BO. you know what OP guns are used for? to support you. notice how almost every OP gun (such as the famas) was unlocked at a low level. it is because it is soposed to help you get to a higher level, and then challenge yourself with the less OP guns.

XyZ_BSG wrote:

Do you know what a Patch is? Atleast its not full auto. Plus it doesn't mean that you don't stand a chance agianced it?

Is there a button that says you can't use a weapon on your game? Mine doesn't, good players can play with any gun but my prefrence is MSR, (let me guess thats OP too?)

You are already in a disadvantage with the burst fire. Now the G11 that was about equal to the Type 95 but did people complain about that? No not for the most part.

Put your big boy pants on and master every weapon even the "OP" weapons.

XyZ_BSG

I haven't used the Famas, Aug, AK74u or Stoner/M60 once and I have a KD of 2.02.

I don't care what is overpowered and whats not so I deliberately decided to not use it to show it doesn't matter what you use. Type95 may do well but in most cases I am a better player than others and I will kill them none the less.

OP is in the eyes of the beholder. Due to the fact that the Type95's horable drop off in damage I can protest to this idea of the Type95 as overpowered. If you are going to blame a gun blame the LMG's they have near no recoil and alot of damage and bullets. But no you want to complain about a gun that isn't even fully automatic.

Granted I am sure you have many upon many valid points and you have quite a good mind. Lets leave this topic to be as it is. They are both very similar games. Same engines and all but the main aspects are different just don't be to harsh with this game it is rather brilliant truely. If you want a bad game play some Conduit 2.

Howoareu wrote:

so i understand 3arch made both the games, but to be honest black ops and mw3 are the same game...and they both suck.

1.overpowered guns: on black ops it was the famas (you can say it was the ak-74u or the aug etc. but the famas beat them.) on mw3 we have: EVERY shotgun, some snipers, and EVERY machine pistol (everyone uses akimbo now, i've yet to see ONE person who dosn't) If every gun is OP, then no-one gun is OP. Balance.