15 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2011 6:06 AM by TurdFerguson00 RSS

Was giving the multiplayer to sledgehammer a mistake

Is the pityful state of multiplayer due to sledgehammer inexperience, why didnt activision atleast give the multi player part of mw3 to treyarch or atleast map design to treyarch

• Re: Was giving the multiplayer to sledgehammer a mistake
    maccabi

jessedart wrote:

Is the pityful state of multiplayer due to sledgehammer inexperience, why didnt activision atleast give the multi player part of mw3 to treyarch or atleast map design to treyarch

confused why

a) you think sh made the mp and

b) why you think they are inexperienced?

(a) sh were responsible for mp

(b) they are inexperienced with FPS's especially a huge franchise like MW

I was very critical of blops, but damn, what I wouldnt give to have the maps from blops on mw3

maccabi

jessedart wrote:

(a) sh were responsible for mp

(b) they are inexperienced with FPS's especially a huge franchise like MW

I was very critical of blops, but damn, what I wouldnt give to have the maps from blops on mw3

again dont keep saying they "did" mp.. provide some proof

and yes completely correct the team @sh have no expereince in making huge franchise video games, /sarcasm.

with greatest of respect, either actually make a valid post that contains actual facts or reasoning behind your frankly pathetic pointless waste of a forum space .   basically put up or shut up as the expression goes.

dont be a fool maccabi, look at this:

http://www.callofduty.com/thread/1674

i rest my case.

maccabi

jessedart wrote:

dont be a fool maccabi, look at this:

http://www.callofduty.com/thread/1674

i rest my case.

erm really?

thats your proof a title posted by one of the forum peeps (who btw is infamous for getting stuff wrong)  and then a copy and pasted q&a off of sh blog about pc multiplayer..

another forum user agreeing with you isnt proof,

i could go off and copy and paste loads of it was a joint effort both dev teams worked on all aspect quotes from both sh and iw but to be honest whats the point. stubborn is as stubborn does

you're still being foolish maccabi. Regardless of if sh alone were responsible for multiplayer or if they shared it with IW, the fact remains they worked on it and influenced it to what it is now.

My OP was was a question regarding the wisdom of activision choice of bringing in sledgehammer for the multiplayer aspect of mw3, there are other development teams that have more experience in fps's, map design etc.

the spec ops and single player story modes in mw3 are fantastic, the MP sucks big time, which bit were sh involved in again? /sarcasm

maccabi

jessedart wrote:

you're still being foolish maccabi. Regardless of if sh alone were responsible for multiplayer or if they shared it with IW, the fact remains they worked on it and influenced it to what it is now.

My OP was was a question regarding the wisdom of activision choice of bringing in sledgehammer for the multiplayer aspect of mw3, there are other development teams that have more experience in fps's, map design etc.

the spec ops and single player story modes in mw3 are fantastic, the MP sucks big time, which bit were sh involved in again? /sarcasm

geeeeezus h, you are one idiotic stubborn person,

sh worked on ALL aspects of the game , so the "bits" you liked spec and sp were also a COMBINED effort invovling SH.

you do realise that Iw doesn't really exist right its basically a dev team in name only with a handful of the people and creative forces that made cod and mw in the first place. As for your ignorant comment about lack of expereince again.. im guessing you have no clue who are in Sh or what they have done previously.

Please continuing your incorrect statements is just making you look stupid, out of 5 dev teams who worked on mw3, you decide to pick on one wrongly #golfcalps

People close to the matter said Infinity Ward is working closely with Sledgehammer, which is led by a team recruited away from Activision's rival Electronic Arts Inc. The two studios are equally sharing duties of producing the single-player portion of the game, the sources said.

Activision has also brought in Wisconsin-based Raven Software, which is working on the online multi-player elements for Modern Warfare 3, sources said.

maccabi

TurdFerguson00 wrote:

People close to the matter said Infinity Ward is working closely with Sledgehammer, which is led by a team recruited away from Activision's rival Electronic Arts Inc. The two studios are equally sharing duties of producing the single-player portion of the game, the sources said.

Activision has also brought in Wisconsin-based Raven Software, which is working on the online multi-player elements for Modern Warfare 3, sources said.

but but but the op said....

btw as a FYI Raven handle some of the backend engineering stuff for cod games, work on the dlcs and ingame menus ect for those wondering

yeah i know... just threw it up for the op, not as a reply to you... these forums are a little clunky for me lol... figure if he wants to blame someone, get it right haha

Raven has also done heretic and quake 4, ... so they arent inexperienced by any means..

but dont take this as a glowing review... i  currently cant stand to play MP as my bullets dont work. lol.. so the op isnt entirely wrong in my eyes...

What a load of tosh!

coopz

cant belive just missed out hardcore hq!!!

they messed up multiplayer on hardcore cause some modes r crap the only good one was hq and now its dead need them to bring it back in next update but still they did do a good job on multiplayer for huge games like this, JUST NEXT TIME DONT FORGET THE BEST MODE!!!

slyaudio

Well, Treyarch did the Wii Multiplayer port... and need I say more?
    Every second post on the forums is about how the Wii version is for lack of a better word screwed.

gallp13

OP makes funny jokes.

OP makes me giggle ;)

mp is fine stop moaning