1 11 12 13 14 15 Previous Next 192 Replies Latest reply: May 21, 2012 3:38 PM by Snipingdbag Go to original post RSS
  • 120. Re: Unofficial Feedback Thread

I had some good ideas yesterday and couldn't find this thread lol.

The first and most important thing to me  is that leaderboards are ranked by SPM.

-Leaderboards ranked by SPM

-Bring back combat record

- Add a perk that makes it so that knife kills take two hits from the front/side.  This would help for people who complain about panick knifing.

-Return to traditional killstreaks.  Don't make them point streaks and don't make them strike packages.  It's stupid that I can get a predator missle by capping A,B killing 1 person and shooting down a UAV.  Also don't make them stack or reset in the same life.

-Bring back the SR71.

-Serparate equipment and grenades.

That's all I have right now. If anything else pops in my head I'll edit the thread.

• 121. Re: Unofficial Feedback Thread

Leaderboards should be SPM in objective games but not for TD.  The only thing I can think of that makes sense for TD is +/-.  Sure someone that goes 30-30 in TD got a lot of points but they also hurt the team as much as they helped.  That shouldn't get them a decent leaderboard ranking.  But you can't go by KDR because any idiot can camp out a 5-1 game.

I hope nothing similar to the support package in MW3 is ever implemented in any Treyarch COD.  If people can't get killstreaks then they can't get killstreaks.  They shouldn't just be handed out.

But at the end of the day all I really care about is Treyarch keeping some skill in the game.  I hope they don't cater too heavily to the casual and/or terrible players.

• 122. Re: Unofficial Feedback Thread

hobeinator wrote:

Leaderboards should be SPM in objective games but not for TD.  The only thing I can think of that makes sense for TD is +/-.  Sure someone that goes 30-30 in TD got a lot of points but they also hurt the team as much as they helped.  That shouldn't get them a decent leaderboard ranking.  But you can't go by KDR because any idiot can camp out a 5-1 game.

I hope nothing similar to the support package in MW3 is ever implemented in any Treyarch COD.  If people can't get killstreaks then they can't get killstreaks.  They shouldn't just be handed out.

But at the end of the day all I really care about is Treyarch keeping some skill in the game.  I hope they don't cater too heavily to the casual and/or terrible players.

I've never seen someone go 30-30 or anything close to that.

• 123. Re: Unofficial Feedback Thread

I just threw those numbers out there as an example of why SPM is flawed in TD.  I guess 30-30 is a poor example.  But I've seen plenty of guys rack up a fair number of kills and have just as many deaths.

Again, this is in TDM only that I am talking about... Say one guy goes 23-17, another goes 20-8, and another goes 5-1.  23-17 will have the highest SPM, 5-1 will have the highest KDR, but 20-8 had the best overall game of the three based on the number of points he gained for his team versus the number of points he gave the other team.  The plus-minus stat would show this, as 23-17 was +6, 5-1 was +4, and 20-8 was +12.

• 124. Re: Unofficial Feedback Thread
    cwatz

Black ops made the biggest strides to date for stat tracking, but it still wasn't perfect.

1) SPM is obviously a must have for objective modes.  I have no idea how IW could be so stupid and leave it out.

2) As for TDM, they really need a +/- per game or something on the overall stat tracker. 

3) As far as leaderboards are concerned, I should be able to sort by a ton of different things.  Far more than we can at the moment.

Sticking with tdm as an example, I should be able to sort things like SPM, KDR, +/- per game and see exactly where I am in all of them.

• 125. Re: Unofficial Feedback Thread
    bhavnit

Black ops had a more relaxed approach to the online gameplay which i think is better then modern warfare games.

However i find that in all games after WaW, the UAV system was too overpowered as many people would die as a player would suddenly realise they are coming, and therfore wait for them while ADS. This promotes the perk use of ghost/assasin and sight of hand and quickdraw etc. Therefore no other perks are ever used. This issue is huge in MW3.

I think tweaking the UAV would be beneficial as then players will be able to try and benefit from other perks and point streaks.

4 PLAYER SURVIVAL AND MISSION MODES? this would be a great success.

• 126. Re: Unofficial Feedback Thread

hasn't the UAV been the same since cod 4?

• 127. Re: Unofficial Feedback Thread
    cwatz

Long post inc, but it goes through the whole history of uav's/stealth.

To answer your question, its yes and no.  UAV's have largely stayed the same, but the game has not

MW2 saw hardline for the first time, which meant some games could be filled with uav spam.  With its rarity and selectable killstreaks I thought uavs use actually went down though.  The big thing is it became more punishing.  Main reason being the amount of firepower in that game.  Primarily explosives, where you could just randomly fire into an area where you knew some people might be and score kills.  This made them more powerful.

BO was more about the rise of stealth power.  Hardline still made it possible for heavy uav spam games, and stopping power was gone (jugg left in mw2 iirc).  The chance for increased uav activity, and less reason not to use ghost inflated stealth perk power.

In mw3 the hardline/stopping power situations carried over from black ops.  However the support package was introduced.  For those that equipped it, it was a guaranteed uav + advanced uav every single game.  That plus the people in assault with it.  This left us with more uav's than ever and made stealth potentially more important/powerful than in BO.

Also with how small/clustered/chaotic all the maps are, its harder to shoot them down than previous titles.

Lastly over the past 5 years the playerbase has aged for the most part and is more experienced.  This makes them better at using tools like the uav and as a result inflates its power.

So yes, uav's have been the same.  However due to everything ive mentioned they have become more powerful, more common and peoples experience with the game/uavs have made them more powerful too.  As a byproduct, with stopping power gone and all the things ive mentioned, stealth perks have indirectly been buffed.

Before anyone asks, no, adding stopping power again is not a good idea.  It creates problems of its own.  I personally think the best solution is to increase the kills required for uavs and get rid of that stupid support package. 

Uavs are incredibly powerful for 3 kills as it is, so it makes sense on that level.  Secondly if you increase their rarity, you make stealth perks less required as a result.  2 birds with one stone.  Uav's aren't as powerful and stealth isn't as powerful.  Everyone wins.

• 128. Re: Unofficial Feedback Thread
    trialstardragon

Your system is similar to how Halo showed the kills to death reatio. If a perosn was positive or negative by a number instead of just a precentage. But both show the same information in just a different form. But I can see where this system would have problems too. Because of people being harassed for going negative. It would be another stat for the stat whores to whore about and bandy about to prove how good they are. And more reasons for players to call the negative players noobs. If it was just shown to the individual I think would be ok, but shown to the lobby would cause way more smack talk and this game series has more then enough of that allready.

• 129. Re: Unofficial Feedback Thread
    trialstardragon

I personally liked the support package. It allows players that prefer to play in support roles to do so and be rewarded for their play. Not everyone is heavy on the run-n-gun and kill other players game play. Some players do like to hold back and support the other players by taking down uav's, choppers and other incoming birds. Or by helping to cap and then defend from a distance and still be rewarded. Having the support package allows them to do this and still be rewarded for their efforts. I think it is a good addition to the game; but perhaps some of the streaks should be tweaked or removed and different ones added.

1 11 12 13 14 15 Previous Next