14 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2011 11:24 AM by sml7285 RSS

Headsets

andynewns

My Headset, packed up last night

Does anyone know anywhere in London, i can buy a decent wireless headset?

Thanks in adavance

• Re: Headsets
    WhoDey6487

astro gaming they are the best

Astros FTW! solid build, very comfy over your lugs, couldn't play without them now... not sure you'll pick a set up in a highstreet shop tho.

andynewns

Yeah i do like the Astro's  but i really wanted to pick some up today, as the wife is away and its means i can have a good session on cod this weekend.

So if anyone knows a shop that sells Astro's that would be great

Thanks

whytie84

A30's or A40's?

I have been thinkin about getting a h/s as opposed to my surround sound system!

whytie84 wrote:

A30's or A40's?

I have been thinkin about getting a h/s as opposed to my surround sound system!

A40's for gaming buddy. I think the 30's are meant for more casual use. No more probs with charging that daft ear thingy and sound whore your way to kills.

Spanks turtle beaches  packed in last night when you went off as well.. he said he's off to get a new pair today.

whytie84

Hmmm fair enough. A40s look quite expensive, £240ish.

Im struggling to decide between these and turtle beach px5s. They look good too.

A work colleague mentioned sennheiser but they look shite!

whytie84 wrote:

Im struggling to decide between these and turtle beach px5s. They look good too.

hmm i dunno if i'd be prepaired to pay that, you've got to be pretty hardcore for that money. I got them before the vat increase last year.. i think they were £180ish then.. which was only £40-£50 more than triton or turtles..

I have wireless sennheiser earphones that i used to use when watching movies without disturbuing the kids... had them for well over 5 years and they still work perfect. Rigwrecker (adam) has a pair that he uses on the PC but they dont work on ps3 for some reason, i forget why.. hes happy with them other than that.

cranium2001

whytie84 wrote:

Just be a little careful with the px's. I bought them and had to return them because the frequency (2.4 ghz I think) caused interference with my router frequency. When I spoke I had some major echoing back during chat. Just something to consider.

forrest-gump____

Triton AX Pro's....Argos £140.....schweet as

Oh wireless....oops....dont get the Turtle Beaches......they fall apart....horrible things

The sound mix is poor listing to sound to find enemy Is still effective just not as effective as it used to be.

whytie84

Thanks to input from all. Will, those sennheiser ones didn't seem to say they were surround sound so just dismissed them straight away.

I assumed they weren't what I would be wanting given im used to playing on a surround sound system.

I'm not too bothered over price as I am gettin paid for a homer next week :) I just don't wanna be disappointed in buying the wrong product!! 

whytie84 wrote:

Thanks to input from all. Will, those sennheiser ones didn't seem to say they were surround sound so just dismissed them straight away.

Sennheiser is one of the best headphone companies in the world. To dismiss a pair just because they aren't simulated surround sound isn't a great idea.

I use a pair of Tritton's for gaming but that's because my mixamp broke and I can't use my Sennehiser 650's on my PS3 anymore. As an audiophile I can tell you that the sound quality from Sennheiser 'phones beats the hell out of any "gaming" headset on the market today.

whytie84

Apologies for my ignorance. I am not an audiophile and know jack **** about headsets. I used to see alot of headset threads on BO forum, never noticed sennheiser being mentioned.

I never doubted the company was poor, I just didn't rate the gaming headsets in first appearance! They don't "sell" them very well.

Here's the thing: Tritton, Turtle Beach and Astro's are well known in the gaming industry the same way that Bose sound systems are well know in Home Entertainment: advertising.

Do your research and pick whichever is best for you. I'd recommend Logitech or Sennheiser. Just my personal opinion.