24 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2011 12:09 AM by fantasmo RSS

K/D is 2.05

dszwec

Just wondering where most people would rate my K/D? W/L is 2.54. I don't camp just experienced, dont jump out or another cheap tactics .

• Re: K/D is 2.05

Who gives a CRAPP???  K/D is meaningless.  Why do you need someone else to acknowledge your K/D anyway?

scumbaggah

Noone gives a crap.

dszwec

It is and it isn't meaningless. If you're going like 6K to 20D you clearly aren't helping your team. Because when I play just get abuse for getting 20/5 and automatically assume I'm camping. If you don't think it's meaningless what is an important stat?

scumbaggah

Why would any stats be "important"?

dszwec

Difference of opinion as to playing the game here. Why are you trolling? There is no need to be snide quite pathetic if I'm honest.

scumbaggah

Well the difference of opinion is that stats matter to you while I couldn't care less, Not being snide just don't care about people boasting about stats which as vims pointed isn't really well recieved around here.

dszwec

Yeh so why troll! Bit sad to click a link you wont like and leave a comment! Suppose your a bit of a loud mouth in lobbies too.

You made a threat that requested feedback, and you're berating him for leaving some?  Of course you also need a complete strangers recognition of your meaningless accomplishment, so it's really not a surprise.  Don't ask for feedback if you can't handle a negative comment.

There are NO meaningful stats.  They can all be manipulated if that is your goal.  Just play the game, and stop worrying about stupid stats.  I am trying to unlock as many emblems and titles as I can, because I find it fun.  Does my K/D suffer when I use a slower gun, and try to get penetration kills?  Who cares???  But that Frankenstein emblem is going to look badass when I get it...

It is what most people base skill off of in this game but it can be misleading. You can camp and get that score or cheat and get it so it kind of brings the value of K/Dr down.

2 is very good generally if you are playing like a normal person. I'm happy generally when I'm over 1...means I killed more people then they killed me. And I play TDM pretty much exclusively so K/Dr is what I'm aiming for.

Talking about K/Dr on these forums will generall make people hate you. Just the basic internet mentality.

Have fun and hope to destroy you in a game one day.

vims1990

Yeah, I wouldn't put these K/D threads on the forums, you'll get alot of hate for it.

Most players just play for fun since it's just a video game but for others, it's something they're passionate about.

I play for my personal enjoyment but I like to win as well.

If you play TDM/FFA, yes your K/D ratio is an important factor in those game modes but if you're an objective player who play objective game modes, your caps/defends/plants/defuses etc play an important part in winning games.

Exactly this. I can rack up HUGE K/Dr in domination just mowing people down trying to cap a flag. Does that eman I'm amazing? Well yeah...but not like some people think they are in this game.

esmorgue

Its lower than mine, and you probably play with friends too.

And you probably BOOST.  What's your point?

dszwec

Haha yeh I boost, so I post on the MW3 forum so they can ban me!

What does posting and boosting have to do with one another?  I'm sure there are plenty of cheaters, boosters, hackers, and glitchers that use these forums.  K/D is meaningless no matter how you get it.  So get over yourself.

dszwec

Sure do haha! Is soo much easier than having random tw*ts runnin around.

esmorgue

Well than there is really no reason to come on here acting as if your some lone soldiers cracking skulls and pulling out wins. I play with people on my list about 5% of the day, anyday. Win ration is above 2, above 2. So whoopity doo about yours....beat it.

FAIL THREAD!!!!

Not to go all Freud here but the fact that you have to come here to post your stats asking for some kind of validation says a lot.  Just sayin'.

There is a general rule about Call of Duty that will a) help you have more fun playing, and b) keep you from sounding like a douche in lobbies and on forums.  Here it is....

"Nobody cares about your stats as much as you do". 

You're welcome.

whats your internet speed .

pneumatic summed up my whole response to the OP.
      Noone gives a rats ass lol unless its TDM.
      Personally i play KC and Domin so don't care about K/D rather help out my team thats why  for example in Domin I'm usually using one of my 2 (yeah 2 lol) Riot Shield classes where most of the riot shield challenges are almost complete (for some reason i rarely reflect/bounce/ricochet bollets o-O)

OMFG  here is your cookie  (::)

Boosting about your K/D is of course sad, but K/D is far from meaningless.  It actually means quite a bit and can determine quite a lot.

For example, I'd say 90% of the time when I am in a pre-game lobby and I check everyones K/D, if it sucks, they suck.  If we are playing Domination, they get wrecked, Team Deathmatch, they get stomped.  Pick any other game type, and it doesn't matter, they get destroyed.  MOST of the time, when a players K/D is bad, you can pretty much assume you're going to walk all over them in the game.

It works the exact opposite when I see the enemy team has decent K/Ds.  Normally when they have decent K/Ds, you've got a fight on your hands. 

fantasmo

Just about 2.90 right now, it should be about 3 when my other friends get their copy of the game (Christmas). But for now we have to have a couple of "Randoms" on our team. So far the randoms seem to be better performing than what they were in BLOPs