12 Replies Latest reply: Oct 14, 2012 11:14 AM by Hootymadman RSS

Can i use an Xbox 360 controller for MW3 on pc?

Is it possible to use an xbox 360 controller for pc? i know u can use them for certain games? But can i use it for MW3?

• Re: Can i use an Xbox 360 controller for MW3 on pc?
    avengedyesterday

Im sure you can. I use a ps3 controller on my computer all the time. I'm not sure if mw3 is set up for it but im sure you can bind the keys to the contoller.

No, You can't, Infinity ward was too lazy to include a controller support for MW3 Even  tho COD: Black ops has support for controllers and a nice Sensibility option too.

Moder warfare 3 was a big let down.

Why play an FPS on PC with a controller?

Because one can play on their couch with their PC hooked up to their HDTV, which alot of PC gamers do these days. Or is it better on a teeny tiny little display (i.e. 24" monitors)?

[pde]paulkersey

I'm using my Logitech Dual Action PC controller for all of my current CoD games and it has worked fine for years. I dodn't have to wait to see if these guys would offer controller support or not and then be disappointed. Same with the Mass Effect games.

http://www.callofduty.com/message/106030824#106030824

I doubt there will be controller support for this game. Treyarch is the only CoD dev to actually try things. Check Black Ops 2.

Cant be bothered to give a full answer, it'll go straight over your head i feel... But thats sounds like a custom built console lol

You sound like a console gamer. No options = console gaming. How PC-like is that?

Furthermore, why game on a little tiny display instead of a full size display?

Here how about I answer the questions for you since you are not an adept, but rather inept:

[quote]Okay I'll bite. Fail response. Why? Because you like any other "PC" gamer, *fails* to consider that the PC platform is about progression and part of that PC progression is about having options. Options are the sine qua non of the PC platform.

Nobody in their right mind would've attempted to play Quake II deathmatch back in 1998 with 1998 controller hardware. 1998 controller hardware had not evolved yet to that point to make it possible and comfortable to do so. Halo changed that. Given the new ergonomics and sensitivity of controls it was now possible to one day bridge the gaps.

If that isn't enough, today's FPSs are SLOW, real SLOW. Back with Quake III Arena and Unreal Tournament the player was a nimble on their feet fire storm. Today, most players are bullet sponges and the gap of playing on controllers is now much more marginal then it ever has been. I'm not saying the best controller player against say 'KSharp' of Counter-Strike would be an "even" match, but just to say that an average mouse+kb player against an average controller player in MODERN FPS's is much more marginalized. Marginalized enough to where this old dog feels just fine playing on PC from his COUCH with CONTROLLER and I have a short desk behind the couch if I wish to have the OPTION to play with my mouse and keyboard.

PC gaming = progression + options

You sound like a console gamer who wants to have "locked" down hardware and no options.[/quote]

Actually playing in a window 1280 X 720 at 26.5" distance (which is what I do) is the same perspective as playing on a 47" flat screen at a distance of about 80", a little over 6.5'. Which is very close for a screen that big. Usually folks sit further than that away. My point is, you don't gain anything by viewing a large screen TV over playing in a window, but you do gain a ton of FPS by playing on a monitor in a 1280X720 window, sitting close to the screen. I understand folks wanting to use a controller because that is what they are used to... but they are a distinct disadvantage against players using a keyboard and a mouse. It's not even close.

You can use Joystix Pro to play it. https://joystixpro.com/get-joystix?do=download&stixId=54is where it canbe found and the best part is... its free! Go check it out

i have a question. i download the joystixpro for play mw3 but whe i want to play this show me a window to select a .exe file but i can´t find it this f**king file

please can you tell me where is the file?