1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 57 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2012 7:47 AM by DoaneDoIt Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: boosting or just lazy?
    MVME2NIGHT

the tactical advantage is getting the XP points that what the whole game is about. and how fast can you put down a TI if you let somebody put they TI twice in the same place then you the one to blame espcially if you snipping and TI could get destroy throw a grenades but banning a player for using something they let you use it ridiculous. next complait is the portable device that they will camp around it and alway know when you coming.

• 31. Re: boosting or just lazy?

I absolutely do not agree with anybody saying this scenerio is boosting. The player is still killing other players, he is just dying and collecting is own tag so the othe team cannot collect it. The problem is that IW made collecting your own death tags more than the kill tags. It is a very smart way for a team to play. If you have three people doing that and three people running and collecting tags you're probably going to win every time. As longa as the person uing the tact insertion does not care about k/d ratios it is the perfect plan. It is not their fault that IW made the tags worth more than they should be. It is not exploiting either because they are playing the game properly. They are still killing the opposite team. This is no different than dieing and respawning next to your own tags(which happens often) collecting them and getting the points. Using the tac insertion just insures you will spawn next to your death tags. You may not like it, but it is a perfect game plan for this style of play.

IW could easily fix this by adding a five second delay before respawning. This would give the other team time to reach the tag and even set up a claymore at the site.

• 32. Re: boosting or just lazy?
    kourtvizion

Thats actually a great idea.  It will curb that behavior.

IW has so many different good solutions to the problem.

1. Take tactical insertions out of all game modes that behaviour is an issue.

2. Add a spawn delay (5 seconds).

3. Reduce the amount of points.

• 33. Re: boosting or just lazy?

if you knew he's cheating why the hell did you snipe him? when you knew he would spawn right back there.

• 34. Re: boosting or just lazy?

I haven't used a TI yet in this game but I have seen this alot and it is not boosting. It is a product I the game type. Yes getting your own tags do give you a great xp boost but it is what you are suppose I do so the other team doesn't score. If someone is sitting on there TI how cares? Yes they are going to have a .5 Kd only because they die 2 times instead of once. I say leave it so what someone get a high score the purpose of the game is to win. Just because people get good xp in losing it doesn't mean they boost. There are times where I am 1000 points above the next highest guy but we lose and it isn't because I use TI but I collect every tag I see.

• 35. Re: boosting or just lazy?

I think you need to pay attention. The OP was about somebody indiscriminately letting themselves get killed, in order to respawn and collect their own dog tags. Noone is saying that collecting your own dog tags is boosting. The problem here is that players are NOT killing their opponents. They are NOT contributing to the team goal, which is to collect 65 gold dog tags.

Jdak10 has already posted:

From 402 twitter

In Kill Confirmed, if you die on purpose to pick up your dog tag, is that "boosting"?

Yes. Any form of killing yourself on purpose to gain score illegitimately is a form of boosting.

I don't want some guy on my team, rocking the Tac Insert next to the bulldozer in Mission, so the sniper up the top of the map can assist him with some cheap XP, while everyone else is completing the objective - COLLECT THE GOLDEN DOG TAGS!

If you use your Tac Insert in such a way as to prevent the opponent from collecting your dog tags, and you still contribute to the generating and collection of golden tags, then awesome, that's smart, logical gameplay, and I hope I get you on my team next time.

If you have no other goal than to die and collect your own dog tags, then you are boosting. As stated in the above twitter.

• 36. Re: boosting or just lazy?
    kourtvizion

I am not sure why this was directed at me but I can answer that question.

They sit on their tactical insertion but they still fire their gun.  They will kill you if you dont kill them. If they are getting a high score, they still get points for kills.  They wont collect tags themselves but if their team gets the tags they get an extra 100 points for kills.  So why not add to their score.  its not like they just sit there and do not kill anyone. 

Its kill or be killed. Points or not.

• 37. Re: boosting or just lazy?

if you knew he's cheating why the hell did you snipe him? when you knew he would spawn right back there.

and another form of cheating could be if you let your team mate die and you grab his tag.

did you lose that game?

• 38. Re: boosting or just lazy?
    kourtvizion

Jdak10 has already posted:

From 402 twitter

In Kill Confirmed, if you die on purpose to pick up your dog tag, is that "boosting"?

Yes. Any form of killing yourself on purpose to gain score illegitimately is a form of boosting.

See the issue with this is that you are not killing yourself.  Another person is killing you.  So boosting no. 

• 39. Re: boosting or just lazy?

Why does anyone care that the person using this "tactic" is getting an excessive amount of xp. This has no real impact on you. So what if they rank up faster. The real issue is that  such players make no contribution to the team.