4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2011 5:53 PM by Agent_Revo RSS

MW3 Save File Location?

The1stCAV

I want to reformat and reload Windows - I do not want to lose my progress in Campaign.  Where are the files saved at that store my progress for the campaign?  Using Steam, I am able to pull my online config for classes etc whne I reload MW3, but campaign does not seem to save tyo the cloud (I have already done one wipe/reload and found I lost my campaign progress so I had to start over).  I do not want to start over again - does anyone know where the campaign save game file is located in Windows 7??????

• Re: MW3 Save File Location?
    {bhc}max|co

it should be in steam folder... maybe you wont have to copy this data since your streeam acc can be accessed on any pc..

The1stCAV

I thought the same but unfortunately the campaign is not being saved on the cloud.  The online is.  I was able to access my online settings/account when I went out of town for the holidays and used my uncles PC who also purchased MW3, so I simply logged in as me and things worked.  When I tried Campaign, it did not work.  I also recently reformatted my drives, before I did though I copied the entire steam folder to a spare, when I got everything up and rolling I copied it back over the Steam folder - that didn't work either.  So I do not think it is in the Steam folder, the only question is - where does it actually store campaing save game files at?

{bhc}max|co

i can see my sp level saves in players2 / saves folder

tho they look like internet shortcuts to steam ??

{bhc}max|co wrote:

tho they look like internet shortcuts to steam ??

That's normal, it's because they are saved as .SVG files, which is an abbreviation for "savegame", while that the common use for .SVG files is for Scalable Vector Graphics, which is a type of image most commonly used with web browsers.

You can't open the savegames with a browser.