12 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2011 1:11 PM by rankismet RSS

Hardcore Players - Give Noobs Tips Thread!

SmokeyCheese1

Here are some to start -
1. Stop spamming nades - youre killing your teammates
2. Put your Javelin/RPGs away - youre killing teammates
3. Dont shoot down your teammates choppers - idiot

• Re: Hardcore Players - Give Noobs Tips Thread!

4. There's nothing 'Hardcore' about camping for kills.

you cant blame grenades and launchers all the time best part of the time its stupid team mates that run into them that get them killed ive played with some right idiots in hardcore.

SmokeyCheese1

Im not blaming grenades and launchers - Im balming the boneheads pulling the triggers. Especially the XM-25 - dumbest edition to the series.

fair enough but you cant always blame the person who is using what ever it is just because they have team mates havent got the brains to watch what they are doing you cant tell me ytou havent team killed by mistake because some idiot got in your way

"Camping for kills" - I'm not sure what you're considering as 'camping' but in Hardcore seeing is how you die faster you can't exactly run around willy nilly like most do in Core...There's not a whole lot of "ducking behind a wall or around a corner til your screen stops flashing red, all the while hoping that person who put you in this situation isn't making chase.."

Just cause you get a kill cam in Core doesn't mean there aren't people who sit in the same place and/or area and at times no matter how hard you try you just can't kill them cause of how they're 'Strategically Sitting". You can only then move on to the next victim...

Nevertheless...

5). Hesitation may get you killed, but try to double check before you shoot. There's nothing worse than being on a kill streak and your teammate lights you up.

6). Communication is HUGE in HC, cause the HUD isn't always up. Be sure and talk using landmarks to help your team.

tedge

vTc__Goose wrote:

"Camping for kills" - I'm not sure what you're considering as 'camping' but in Hardcore seeing is how you die faster you can't exactly run around willy nilly like most do in Core

I always felt this was a mentality difference between core and hardcore players. Core players worry about how fast you die in hardcore. Hardcore players like how fast you can kill someone.

As for running around in HC, it's the best way to do well. Most people that play it are scared little girls hiding with their back to a wall, and I think it's fun to hunt them. B!tch hunting, if you will.

Only tip I would add to the OP is stay the hell away from your teammates, especially me. I can not and will not depend on you to kill someone. Bunching up usually means that a teammate blocks my line of sight which results in two deaths.

Oh, and learn what team you are on. Some things (fences, etc) block tags over teammates names, so shooting someone wearing the exact same uniform as me just because I didn't have a bunch of words over my head is no excuse. Pay attention, r-tard.

SmokeyCheese1

Ive definitely team killed because someone got in the way.

But Ive also been team killed across the whole Bakaara map because someone thought it was a good idea to launch a rocket the building I was occupying.

rankismet

1. Don't try and shoot through me to get the kill on the guy I'm currently shooting.

2. Call out where you are laying down your Stealth Bomber.

3. Your mic -- Know it, Love it, Use it.

SmokeyCheese1

^this on Stealth Bomber.........I hate having to run for cover when I hear "Friendly Stealth in bound................

Stop the "paybacks" as well. Dont TK me because I accidentally TK'd you when you ran in front of my gun fire.

rankismet

SmokeyCheese1 wrote:

^this on Stealth Bomber.........I hate having to run for cover when I hear "Friendly Stealth in bound................

Stop the "paybacks" as well. Dont TK me because I accidentally TK'd you when you ran in front of my gun fire.

Good call...but I will TK you back if you say nothing... say "sorry" and it's all good.

Can't overemphasize the use of a mic.

1: Throwing a stun grenade upon spawning at the beginning of the game = Epic Fail

2: Its faster to switch to ur secondary (pistol) than it is to reload

3: Your knife kills enemies and NEVER puts them in last stand. However, if u shoot them in the head with a gun, they may go into last stand, LMAO

4: Dont cut curners and Spray. Just cut corners and PRAY!!!!!!!!!!

6: You se those RED dog tags........YOU'RE SUPPOSE TO PICK THEM UP!!!!!!!!!!