8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2011 10:54 AM by PaulBishUK RSS

Host Lag

I know there are already disscusions on this but i just recently opened up my NAT type so i can play with everyoen around the world but now im kinda regretting it because im getting host connection 24/7 and its impossible to snipe or do anything in that matter for having a good connection. and i find my self going to the OP guns so i can still have a good score which i hate cause i usually snipe and still get 1st or second in KC :/ yes i know i worry abotu my stats go outside etc...

• Re: Host Lag
    Goodtwin

You dont want strict and you dont want open, aim for moderate.  You shouldnt have issues and you wont be picked to host as often.  Its sad that your penalized in this game for doing everything you can to open up your connection, but currently thats the way it is.  I would try messing with your settings to see if you can land on a moderate NAT. 

This is interesting. I never host but my nat is mostly open. And I have noticed that on the few nights i've had good games, my nat has switched to moderate. I have no idea what i'm doing when it comes to adjusting settings but you have come up with a very interesting point. I think a lot of the problems are with the servers in this game, just like in reflex, but imo reflex is still way better for connection than this game. It sucks when you know you have the drop on someone and yet its me that comes off worse..

This is an issue i will put on a seperate thread all ready running on Thompson route open Nat but wanted to know being based in the UK what the real problem of having strict NAT is to me because no matter how hard I try I can not open this to either moderate or open setting!

I can still see 7000 on line at night time uk and around 2000 on line around 1pm uk time i presume with strict nat type I can only play with a fraction of these people?

Havin now played WAW, MWR, Black Ops and having no issues in playing world wide on the same router are we now subject to a NAT type is this to help the servers and prevent lag?

PS see you on line looking for UK times 2pm and some nights 9pm to 2 am

This is an issue i will put on a seperate thread all ready running on Thompson route open Nat but wanted to know being based in the UK what the real problem of having strict NAT is to me because no matter how hard I try I can not open this to either moderate or open setting!

I can still see 7000 on line at night time uk and around 2000 on line around 1pm uk time i presume with strict nat type I can only play with a fraction of these people?

Havin now played WAW, MWR, Black Ops and having no issues in playing world wide on the same router are we now subject to a NAT type is this to help the servers and prevent lag?

Havin now played WAW, MWR, Black Ops and having no issues in playing world wide on the same router why are we now subject to a NAT type is this to help the servers and prevent lag?

Havin now played WAW, MWR, Black Ops and having no issues in playing world wide on the same router why are we now subject to a NAT type is this to help the servers and prevent lag?

Does your internet lag that badly that you quadruple post

You wana get a new internet provider.

My nat type is ALWAYS open, and I rarely if ever host. When I do ,it sucks nads. I do have to use the OP weapons to get kills though. I only use akimbo MP9s and the PPPPPP9091098292009002020M dildo thingy majig

Hey, I had the pleasure of joing this forum today having been on all the others with No issues (BishBosh UK) but I appologse about the many posts as it kept telling me when I submitted that an error had occured and to try again! i have quickly I think learnt to ignore that now

I keep meaning to change ISP i'm still with AOL here in the UK, and I have just posted my issues correctly on another thread as to not spam this site asking for help on my NAT tpe issues but you maybe right either its my cra*y router or my ISP.

Thanks for the pointers and look out for me i'm BishBosh}{e//UK and like you being a much older guy with a wife and 2 young children i'm on line most nights 10pm to 2 am and I think i'll upset a few people as I use UMP45 with Gold camo! or the M14, I await the flak that i have no skill for using this weapon!

by the way for a guy who says he has major lag issue you did pretty well with those MP9s!