23 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2011 12:01 PM by creaper21 RSS

Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games, what the hell were you guys thinking

superbob

What the hell was the thought process behind dead man's hand, you knew the community HATES death streaks, and you go make one that ridiculous.

What the hell is the thought process with the spawn system, because basically all it does it say "Hey this guy just died to him, let's just spawn him back near him and give him another shot at it!"

What the hell was were you thinking when you put the stealth bomber, juggernaut recon, and EMP in the support package. Stealth bomber is way too good for just 12 kills/points in a game (not even in a row), and 18 for EMP and jugg is way too easy.

Why the hell does the recon drone flash you, scramble your radar, mark you permanently with no counter, have flares when an attack chopper doesn't and have such bad hit detection shooting it down with bullets gets you killed by someone running around.

What happened to the promises of bullets effecting people trying to knife?

What happened to the quickscope only playlist so they would stop infesting normal lobbies?

• Re: Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games, what the hell were you guys thinking
    TryHardMVP

Completely agree on the dead man's hand.  It is impossible to escape when using a shotgun.. especially the pump actions.  Final stand is equally annoying.   All deathstreaks should be removed.  Why should someone get a free kill on me and ruin my pointstreak just because he couldn't kill anyone in 4-6 lifes.

Juiced doesn't really bother me.  If they "had" to include deathstreaks, it should have only been juiced and brought back copycat. 

Stealth bomber is the only thing that gets under my skin from the support package. 

Recon drone doesn't bother me, not many people run it anyway. 

I certainly wish enemies who were damaged by bullets were unable to knife until their health has completely regened.  

Quickscopers are annoying but not OP, if they kill me they probably could have done so with any other weapon.  I agree that I do not like them on my team as the majority do not play objectively.  It would be nice if they had their own lobby. 

• Re: Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games, what the hell were you guys thinking
    TryHardMVP

Completely agree on the dead man's hand.  It is impossible to escape when using a shotgun.. especially the pump actions.  Final stand is equally annoying.   All deathstreaks should be removed.  Why should someone get a free kill on me and ruin my pointstreak just because he couldn't kill anyone in 4-6 lifes.

Juiced doesn't really bother me.  If they "had" to include deathstreaks, it should have only been juiced and brought back copycat. 

Stealth bomber is the only thing that gets under my skin from the support package. 

Recon drone doesn't bother me, not many people run it anyway. 

I certainly wish enemies who were damaged by bullets were unable to knife until their health has completely regened.  

Quickscopers are annoying but not OP, if they kill me they probably could have done so with any other weapon.  I agree that I do not like them on my team as the majority do not play objectively.  It would be nice if they had their own lobby. 

abelthywicked

lets not forget guys of the campers. because the noob tubes are so worthless it encourages them to camp even more, the magnums are stupid.. seriously how is a 357 mag more powerfull than a .44? i think Dirty Harry would srcew IW over if he told em off on that note. shotgun inconsistency such as a instant kill from five feet away but not barrel stuffed? the type 95 if a 3 round burst but take 1 to 2 bullets to kil?!? the fmg9s are the best cqc weapons and out match even a shotgun sometimes, and the biggest deal with QSers is that either they get luck and end your kill streak (understandable) , but the biggest is that they ruin team death match and make it extremely hard to carry them and the rest of the team. all of th eguns kill extremely quickly when compared to mw2, however this would be fine if you didn't spawn directly in the middle of the enemy team or just around the corner that they are going around and get spawn killed, or spawn on a gernade, or with a gernade being thrown in your direction when you spawn. lastly the support class is fairly balanced to have the stealth bomber but maybe the precision airstrike would be better than the stealth bomber , and perhaps the emp should only last 30 sec or maybe an ammo drop, and the juggernaut only has a freaking pistol, if they are gonna give us jugga powers then make it worth more than being a tank with a pistol, of course me personally i would like to have an out of map super sam turret, one that no one can kill and can take down five or three enemy kill streaks for the rest of the match. ill take that over the jugga powers

Rblbrent

First of all camping is going to be there no matter what game you play. Second IW knew they could put out any sort of crap and everyone like the tools they are would pay everything. If the community wasn't so retarded then maybe IW would take the time to produce a decent product.

Dead mans hand isn't THAT much of a problem, considering the amount of kills it takes to get it activated...and the radius isn't huge, it's not a game-breaking thing, get used to it being there.

The spawns are screwed for a few reasons, some are just badly placed but tbh, the maps are so small that it's virtually impossible to spawn where an enemy isn't...it's a pain in the ass, should and could easily be sorted, hope it is soon.

Stealth Bomber is 14 kills btw, not 12...12 is AUAV, the bomber isn't too much of a pain imo, most maps have quite a few buildings etc so it's pretty easy to avoid, as soon as I hear one coming I hide.

Jugg Recon, don't make me laugh...easy to take them down, far easier than the Assault version. I actually had a Jugg fight yesterday, my Assault Jugg VS a Support Jugg, pretty fun. and was the game winning kill

Recon Drone, I actually run Assassin just for the fact there are so many UAV's in this game, so I had no idea the Drone blocked radar etc...I thought it just put you on the map for a bit...it shouldn't have flares and if it does get to keep them then a chopper should also have flares....it just amazes me that an Attack Heli doesn't have defenses against missiles and yet a Recon Drone does....

The hit detection can be bad in this game but for the most part, it's good, the reason you think it's bad is lag/connections...when that gets fixed, you will see an improvement in hit markers etc.

cwatz

Nice post OP.  Every single one of those is dead on.

Maps are another big thing they screwed up.  All tight close quarters and cluttered with crap.  When nuketown and firing range seem larger than anything in this game you know there is a problem.

Lastly the gun mechanics suck.  Idle sway takes away skilled burst firing and promotes full auto spraying.  I like having skilled control of my gun be rewarding like black ops.

This whole game - deathstreaks, maps, spawns, shooting, support strike package - were designed for bad players to have more success.  Where is the stuff for the rest of us?

they dont care, that is the problem.  they knew that is was going to break all the sales records, so why worry about making a good game. MW2 was a nightmare. and here we are three weeks after launch and this one is a nightmare too.

"3 weeks after launch" <<<<<<< Key quote right there...it's just launched, EVERY game has problems, especially online MP games, they need time to fix it...the problem is that people are so impatient and don't realise it isn't a simple 10 mins work to patch this game, give them time.

This game was hyped up so much that it can't possibly meet expectations, hence why it seems so bad but compared to a lot of FPS games, it's pretty good once you get used to it...sure there are some campers, lag, bad hit detection but that's in every FPS game and the team at IW/SH are working on fixing lag etc so give them a break.

I'm still waiting for someone to post the one thing they got right in this game. I'm starting to think the only thing the got right was the name and thank god for spell check.

I'm not a fan of death streaks, but I understand the need to have them.

So many people log months of play time into CoD games, meaning that they are getting better and better and better. Death streaks are a way to ease newer players into games, give weaker players a bit of a boost, and to give veteran players a bit of a kick up the butt.

But, it should be done with a certain amount of fairness. Death streaks like Juiced, Hollow Points, and Revenge, aren't that bad - they reward the player with decent "perks" in order to get themsevles back into the game without significantly influencing the game for other players.

Thinks like Last stand and Dead Man's Hand though, are ones that in my opinion, rob players of earned kills. That's the most frustrating thing about it.

I can live with it though - Dead Man's Hand is a 6-death streak, and I've hardly seen it used to be honest.

On the other hand, Last Stand is still frustrating - despite Bowling saying that it was out of the game, it isn't. What's worse, is that a) they don't give you the kill if you put someone into last stand but fail to finish him off, and b) the last stander has his primary weapon in his hand!

..at least in Black Ops it was his pistol. Last Stand with an assault rifle completely changes the dynamic of that particular perk.

I agree being knifed when you have put bullets into someone and you die is lame.

Tactical controller layout ONLY would help fix that. You know, reach for a button to knife someone. Kinda like pulling a knife out, instead of it magically being in your hand with your gun and slashing someone that is already shooting you. Not fair and very lame.

Quick scoping is lame too. I was in a macth today and the final kill cam showed 2 quick scope misses and the 3rd created a hit marker about a quarter of an inch above the guys head and he got the kill. WTF???   It seems that if the make a slash motion with your sniper rifle, while quick scoping, the bullet slash fot a kill and does not actually need to be aimed on them to get the kill. That BS needs to be fixed!!!