1 2 3 4 Previous Next 77 Replies Latest reply: Jul 6, 2012 10:36 AM by cattanach Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: The FMG9 akimbo update -.-'
    Snipingdbag

They are like mini smgs in this game. As good as a lot of primaries & better than quite a few as well.

• 11. Re: The FMG9 akimbo update -.-'

anoreo wrote:

THat's the thing platinumb. Akimbo needs to go. Either that or tweak it immensely, but IW does not know how to do dual wield correctly. Since when does equipping it give you MORE accuracy?

That is what makes me facepalm. They did the exact same thing for the MW2 G18. You get tighter hipfire when Akimbo'd. The logic behind that...

The fact that they repeat the same mistake in MW3 and made it worst by making Akimbo easier to get and able to get at Lvl. 4 makes it even sadder.

@Sniping - I only use them for Steady Aim Pro and I feel sad when doing it against normal players. Sh*ttalkers, kids on mics, and Type 95 abusers deserve it, though.

• 12. Re: The FMG9 akimbo update -.-'
    vims1990

Same here, I was expecting IW to stick to the COD4 roots of having just a pistol or a launcher.

It kind of makes Overkill a bit of a redundant perk as well. I don't see many players using that perk

When I have used Overkill, it's just for a secondary striker or Riot Shield

• 13. Re: The FMG9 akimbo update -.-'

vims1990 wrote:

Same here, I was expecting IW to stick to the COD4 roots of having just a pistol or a launcher.

It kind of makes Overkill a bit of a redundant perk as well. I don't see many players using that perk

When I have used Overkill, it's just for a secondary striker or Riot Shield

No reason to use Overkill, shotguns to some degree, SMGs to some degree, and pistols because of Machine Pistols.

• 14. Re: The FMG9 akimbo update -.-'

How do you know they were patched already?  Did someone make an announcement with a change log?

LOLOLOL  Who am I kidding....  Announcement....  Change log....   I crack myself up.

• 15. Re: The FMG9 akimbo update -.-'
    cwatz

Ive never understood why machine pistols are in teh game at all.  If they are in the game, then I dont know why they wouldn't be about half of an smg. 

The fact is they basically are smgs.  Its insane.

Stick to pistols and launchers devs.

• 16. Re: The FMG9 akimbo update -.-'
    xsavagerudyx

It's IW ffs when don't they have OP crap in there games. COD4: mp5 M16 Mw2:Famas explosives ump45 Mw3: type95 akimbo fmg's either this is your first IW game or you just dont see how IW works.

• 17. Re: The FMG9 akimbo update -.-'
    iamhollywood5

you're absolutely right.  Akimbo FMG9s are actually more effective than SMGs and shotguns.  This pretty much limits everybody in the game to either an Assault Rifle/LMG + machine pistols or Sniper + machine pistols.  Overkill, SMGs, and Shotties are just wasted space in this game....  i don't know how they actually sucked me into buying this game... It's IW after all, I knew this would happen.  They made it known early on that machine pistols would be secondaries in this game, that should have been my cue to back out right then and there.

• 18. Re: The FMG9 akimbo update -.-'
    brandaman

I'll never understand why people thought the MP5 and M16 were overpowered in CoD4. Nor the FAMAS in MW2.

Explosives in MW2 were obviously overpowered, and the UMP was borderline.

• 19. Re: The FMG9 akimbo update -.-'
    iamhollywood5

yeah COD4 had perfect balance, MW2 actually had very good weapon balance, it was just everything else that was imbalanced.  MW3 has the worst weapon balance I've ever seen.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next