12 Replies Latest reply: Dec 2, 2011 1:04 PM by chicagofan RSS

Camping Hate..................... Possible new ANGLE????

Hate is a heavy word but in my many years of playing FPS (specifically COD) I have come to hate certain aspects. I know these topics are widespread but I just feel the forums can be an effective place to vent because you see whether its just you that feels this way or its others making you realize you're not alone.

CAMPERS. This is a sensitive topic because I dont mind it too much in moderation. The problem in COD is it is just way too overused and not even used properly in most cases. YES you bought (more likely your mommy) the game and you can play it any way you like, and YES it is a strategy. Here is the main issue I have with it. YOU MAKE THE GAME SUCK FOR ME & others. I understand you probably dont have much going on in your life thus have all the time in the world to sit in yout little hole in the wall (both in-game & in reality) but others including me do not. To get into a game and be all excited for some nice bloody action and to be welcomed with the sound of silence is not what I look forward to when I fire up my PS3. Now I have camped (everyone who has ever played this game has) earlier in my gaming days but I just felt dirty and lame while knifing a guy in the back who walks through a door that I was standing behind or sat on the ground at a level where I can see the whole team running up a hill but they can't see me..................... and it was fun, but only for a while. It just feels cheap, easy, and just pathetic. All those kills/points are unearned and in my eyes useless. With those experiences I have come to realize it takes a certain kind of person to be OK with camping all day while playing. This person prob doesn't have much else to be proud of in their lives and above all else the certain person I can almost certainly say is selfish and cares for no one but themselves and has NO problem whatsoever ruining others gaming experience so long as their stats look pretty to ensure that they get recognition by........................... oh wait no one cares thats right. I understand you should not always care what others think of you but there should be a line drawn somewhere in you sense of self image and others hating you................ just my opinion.

p.s. Is there an camoers out there that can honsetly say they give a rats ass what others think about them or care for others experience at all?

• Re: Camping Hate..................... Possible new ANGLE????

I'm a camper if u want to call it that way but what i do is defending at Domination and people are used to call someone that defend a camper oh well i can live with that..But caus its funny to see how this people raging if they get killed by me and over and over again becaus they just cant kill a guy that is sitting at a flag the whole map..Even when they come with 3 people i kill them..The only time i get killed is by a airstrikes..you need skills to be a good camper..u must think clever how the flags rotate etc checking ur radar all the time but dont understand me wrong i'm not camping in a corner i walk around the flag from left to right and i when i hear someone walking close on me i hide and suprise him..they suprise me also in my back but they got a 25% chance that they kill me..Im not the typically camper that everybody is saying..i walk around but on a small square of space i dont feel like running with ur smg and get raped every second..its just stupid and that make no sense to me..i think every wargame is about tactics and being clever i play it like they do in real life ( Not running around like a dumb kid )..

Anyway dont bother to post hate comments caus they wont do **** i keep laughing at people that are screaming thru the mic f*cking camper..

Hollaaaaa

fantasmo

@Melvin, you are playing defensive not camping there is a difference.

But the thing is if you try to bring up the arguement "I'm playing like people would in real life" they will just say "Its CoD and its a game not real life".

The thing is you get grouped in by people who hide in shadows Aiming at all times without moving. Most of these people are not very good which is why they do it but it is annoying.

First off I will start by saying I didn't bother to read your post, way too long and I already know what you are going to CRY about. I don't camp personally but I grow tires of reading posts from cry babies that do not have enough skill to compete against a camper. Change your playing style and quit crying about how other people play, its getting old. Grow up and quit blaiming your gaming inadequacies on other people. Also dont bother responding I would be checking back in on this thread.

triiviium-

I believe certain game modes camping is ok. TDM is not one of them. You can camp in CTF SnD, DOM, TDF, Sabotage, because those are objectives that you have to protect. When one camps in TDM it makes me so angry especially the pro campers who switch corners/hallways every time they kill you. Yes I understand well dont go back but its so frustrating when you cant kill them. Its their play style and it wont ever go away its just irritating.

Dj, you asked if any campers in here think about the others' experience? In general, yes... I try to be as sleazy as possible to make them as angry as possible. Nothing makes me feel better than hearing a guy rage or call out to his team with my name. Getting the other team mad is fun, and actually provides a tactical advantage for my team. I absolutely prefer getting them p!ssed its just so much more fun. My

Now im not a full time camper, I prefer stealth, but in every game I get SOME kills by luring ppl around corners only to be sitting there ads lol. I always prefer to avoid head on gun fights (esp w the lag)

Honestly somebody raging is the worst thing they can do because I will only try and play dirtier lol

WolfRidge

Things are changing in post cod4 times and certain people are becoming unbearable campers, to prove my point have a look at the heatmap on resistance next time your'e on elite, the big red spot in the middle house marks the campsite, why!!??

Sure these guys may win a match or two, as they are feckin difficult to kill holding that house!! but are these people skilled players doing it that way?? Where's their sense of adventure?

200 posts

iAmLegend

Camping has and will always have camping. They cannot stop it unless you cannot control sprinting.

Forget talking about it.

Sometimes I camp, sometimes I don't. If you want to chalk it up to being scary and not man enough to run around looking for fights, or something as silly as not having a life I could care less. If the people in this game make you this angry you should probably take a break or just quit and reevaluate some priorities in life. Presenting us with a diatribe probably isn't going to help things besides the minimal venting. Then when someone disagrees with you it will just get out of hand.

I look at camping like a strategy, you don't see real life Marines & Army soldiers running around shooting at any and everything. They sometimes "camp" for hours waiting for the enemy. I have certain boards where i may "camp" and get a few kills but when i get killed i move on to my next spot, "camp" and get a few more kills and when i get killed again move on to the next one.

I look at camping like a strategy, you don't see real life Marines & Army soldiers running around shooting at any and everything. They sometimes "camp" for hours waiting for the enemy. I have certain boards where i may "camp" and get a few kills but when i get killed i move on to my next spot, "camp" and get a few more kills and when i get killed again move on to the next one.