19 Replies Latest reply: Oct 26, 2012 9:18 AM by SitRepPro RSS

Hit detection with the MK14 is TERRIBLE!!!

It's supposed to take 2-3 bullets to kill with the thing in Core but I've got my RDS right on their chest and I fire off 5 shots, don't get a single hitmarker and they just spray me with their PP90M1 or Type 95 or whatever. Seriously, wtf! Why is this gun unlocked at level SIXTY? They should seriously swap it with the Type 95!

• Re: Hit detection with the MK14 is TERRIBLE!!!
    rankismet

I get kills with two shots... stop trying to run around and no-scope with it?

robrod

Hes not no scoping if hes got his red dot on their chest. This actually is a problem with me too. Even in HC sometimes I throw 4 or 5 bullets at them and only the last one registers and kills them, if im lucky. If not none of them do and I die. lol

kidmiestro

There really is an issue with this gun...

Last night I played around with it and was ruined by other weapons.  I look today on elite to see what my accuracy was... 29.8% with this gun and never once went positive with it.. but i can ruin others with the type 95 and 15% accuracy.

Funny stuff.

rankismet

robrod wrote:

Hes not no scoping if hes got his red dot on their chest. This actually is a problem with me too. Even in HC sometimes I throw 4 or 5 bullets at them and only the last one registers and kills them, if im lucky. If not none of them do and I die. lol

He's not shooting them in the chest either.

cwatz

Im not sure if its the gun, or me, or mw3's terrible connection but I have the same problem alot.

Ill drop 5 shots center mass on a guy in close range and only 1 is registering.  Its pretty awful.

Wow, this post just ruined MW3 for me. That's my favorite gun and couldn't wait until it was unlocked. Was gonna go good and use first token on it.

Funk

What are you kids talking about? The MK14 works just as it sound for me. Two shots and down. If anything, it's your connection or maybe even the slightly stupid hit detection in this game but by not means, is it the gun.

I have a decent connection and it works just fine for me so your connection would have to be absolutely horrible.

asianman12

WTF? Really? I have literally no problems with this gun. It is my favority Single Shot assault right(heck, it's the only single shot assault rifle!) 

I play hardcore and get one ***** fine. If I am not getting hitmarkers, it is because I am missing my shots.  Simple as that.  Maybe for you it could be connection problems or bad hit detection. But the gun is fine.

gallp13

Works fine for me, go figure?!

Ddouglasinc

Gun works fine for me. I always get a 2 hit kill in core. Headshot is a 1 hit, I love the Mk14 is my primary weapon. So maybe its the games lag comp thowing it off for you. Who knows?

IEliteWalker

Same for me some games it works and some games it doesn't, I guess it's the Lag Compensation causing this.

Also the firerate seems to slow down and speed up especially after I kill someone sometimes the gun will just stop firing rounds for a few seconds, similar to that stupid "jamming" feature Treyarch added in Black Ops.

Mk14 lags really hard.It is a 2 hit kill...however, when you get in close situations and fire at people, about half the time the shots just go straight through them. It's the same with the snipers. Lag for some reason makes 100% on target shots miss.

DemonHunter777

I said this a week ago and no one  responded. I feel so unloved. I ran out of bullets and so I picked up the MK-14 from my fallen foe all of a sudden here comes his team. No lying I took all but one out with this gun with 1 to 2 shots each. The next day I make a class for it and boom 4 to 5 shots were lucky to put them down. Have not used it since.

2 words: Lag compensation.

When you are on the good side of it, you can use any weapon you want and they behave as they should. Specifically, the high accurate, weapons like the MK14 and Type-95 feel really good and deadly.

When you are one the bad side of it, the highly accurate weapons drop off significantly. You get situations where you need tons of extra shots on target to drop someone. I think this is because you are shooting a lot fewer rounds, so if lag is making 1 out of every 2 rounds to miss then you are really going to notice it.

That's why whenever I feel behind everyone else, I pull out a gun with a really high RoF. It's similar to using the Famas in black ops to counter-act bullet lag. More rounds per second means more are going to hit which at least gives me a chance. Unfortunently, when I'm lagging, most of my killcams don't show me shooting when I know I was, so it doesn't make this problem go away, just less noticable...:(

dstr001

I don't know what MK14 you are using, but mine is fine! dont expect to just fire two shots and get a kill everytime, I make sure to fire until the points come up.

The person above me is right, any problems with this sort of thing usually has to do with lag, and the compensation of it.

Every guns has terrible hit detection.

SitRepPro

CODlagproblem wrote:

Yes but it affects specific guns more.  The MK14 having missing bullets due to lag isn't the worst thing but you won't notice this if you were using an AR, SMG or an LMG.  I've noticed a few missing bullets when I'm using the AS50 and its fire rate is basically that of a bolt action sniper rifle.

SitRepPro

CODlagproblem wrote:

Yes but it affects specific guns more.  The MK14 having missing bullets due to lag isn't the worst thing but you won't notice this if you were using an AR, SMG or an LMG.  I've noticed a few missing bullets when I'm using the AS50 and its fire rate is basically that of a bolt action sniper rifle.

adw1983

1: ALWAYS use rapid-fire.

2: The Holographic sight and ACOG sights work fine.

Mil-dot, Omega and Triangle are the best sights because they don't clutter your sights and allow you to see UNDER your dot which is important when compensating for the recoil.

3: Use quickdraw and a sensitivity of at least 4-5.

4: Aim for the groin, and just let the recoil do the rest.

This will have you hit them even when you get hit.

5: Remember to adjust your rate of fire for the distance:

Close: Spam

Short: Spam
    Medium versus target in the open: Fast
    Medium versus target in a window: Pop three shots on target
    Medium versus a head over a wall: Pop one single accurate shot for a one hit kill
    Long range: Pop untill the enemy stops
    Versus a target in a window: Fire single shots and let the recoil visually settle and make sure the next shot is on target -- it takes under 1 second to fire 3 hits.
    Long range vs a head: RUN! It's a sniper! Or else: Two hits will remove the head.

6: A suppressed Mk14 has a lower rate of fire than a stock Mk14.

One way to deal with this, unless you hit the fire cap all the time, is to run Kick on all your Mk14 profiles without a suppressor, and run rapid-fire silencer on the profiles with a silencer. That evens out their rates of fire to the point where switching is painless.

7: Stingers > Assassin, for the Mk14. Stalker can also free up perk 2, which HAS TO go to Quickdraw.

8: Review your games when you lose in theater mode.

Were you behind cover?

Were you taking the longest route around the objective with the unsuppressed weapon or were you taking the dangerous shortcut?

Did you run while in a dangerous area, or did you crouchwalk?
    What happened to your claymore or bouncing betty?
    Why did you get shot in the back?

Where does the enemies actually spawn?
    Where should you pre-aim because the area ahead has a high probability of having an enemy?

9: This is a connection-based game.
    Learn to spam the trigger, pre-aim and pre-fire for the best experience.

When the game lags, treat your trigger as your worst enemy and SPAM it properly.
    You will find that somehow, spamming the trigger makes enemies die more often -- especially during times of lag.
    Don't bother spamming when you have a good connection, unless the opposition is good.
    Spamming decreases your deaths.

10: The Mk14 kills in one hit to the head or neck up to 27.5 meters.
    It kills in two hits up to 48.5 meters, and three hits therafter -- being the assault rifle with the best range and best damage on long range.
    Keep in mind that the ACR and G36C needs 4 hits to kill at 34 meters range while you only need two hits; Take your time on longer ranges, do not spam anywhere else than medium and short range, and when hip-firing.

11: My current Mk14 classes:

a: "Raven"
    Mk14 ACOG rapid-fire

Claymore
    Portable radar

Sleight of hand pro

Quickdraw pro
    Steady aim pro (ALWAYS on all classes with ACOG)

UAV - Predator - Reaper

b: "Dragon"

Mk14 Holo rapid-fire
    Bouncing Betty

Portable radar

Sleight of hand pro

Quickdraw pro
    Dead silence pro
    Predator - Reaper - AC130

c: "Tiger"
    Mk14 suppressed rapid-fire
    Semtex
    Flash

Sleight of hand pro
    Quickdraw pro
    Dead silence pro
    UAV - Attack Helicopter - AC130

d: "Fire"

Mk14 holo rapid-fire

Semtex
    Flashbang

Recon Pro

Quickdraw Pro

Sitrep Pro
    UAV - Ballistics vest - Empty (Start over on UAV and vests the fastest)

e: "Smoke"

Mk14 suppressed rapid-fire

Bouncing Betty
    Flashbang

Blind-Eye pro
    Quickdraw pro
    Dead Silence pro
    UAV - Counter-UAV - Empty (Constant UAV for your team and constant block for the opposing team

Fast equipment guide:

Claymore: Place it facing a barrel or the front of a car in the direction the enemy is coming from.
    Bouncing betty: Crouch and throw it just under a car an enemy may pass, or next to a barrel.
    Semtex: When you're on the offense and don't need a carbomb.

Flashbangs: Throw far up ahead into the air over buildings and over the streets on the other side to probe the area with recon pro.

Portable radar: Throw it in a high traffic area or near an enemy objective to help your team, and DO NOT camp it.
    I tend to throw it on top of buildings, because it makes it practically indestructible and makes it hard for the sitreppers to see it and avoid it.
    When used against enemies, wait till they empty their guns before you kill them.

I use stingers on ALL my classes.

Enemy UAV or Care Package or Attack Helicopter or Reaper = One more point to my pointstreak.
    Straferun = Jackpot

Recon Drone: This helicopter has two sets of countermeasures, so don't even bother.

Assault Drone: Yes. The stinger works on them, and yes -- the stinger is super-effective vs personell when you hit the Assault Drone, and one hit kills it.