4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2011 4:20 AM by SmokingA RSS

Beachhead wants to change my clan name that ive had for almost a month! HOW IS THIS FAIR!?

untraumatized

I own the PS3 MW3 clan "ELITE" and I have owned it for almost a month, we are level 25 and have 100 members (the max)

I got an email from somebody at Beachhead Studios yesterday (i made sure it was real) wanting to change my clan name because "it was supposed to be reserved"!?

I do not understand how they could take the clan name from me after all this time, its not like they asked me the day after to change it. I brought the clan from level 1 to level 25, and recruited over 100 members, I have put countless hours into sending invites through the horribly slow servers to hundreds of people, and managing the clan to make us the best! I find it extremely unfair considering the circumstances. If "it was supposed to be reserved", IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN! How can they hold me responsible for it?

I emailed him back explaining my thoughts about the situation, and asked him if they will forcibly change the name if I do not choose something to change it to.

Please share your thoughts below!!! Any ideas on what I should do?

• Re: Beachhead wants to change my clan name that ive had for almost a month! HOW IS THIS FAIR!?
    mdub

untraumatized wrote:

I own the PS3 MW3 clan "ELITE" and I have owned it for almost a month, we are level 25 and have 100 members (the max)

I got an email from somebody at Beachhead Studios yesterday (i made sure it was real) wanting to change my clan name because "it was supposed to be reserved"!?

I do not understand how they could take the clan name from me after all this time, its not like they asked me the day after to change it. I brought the clan from level 1 to level 25, and recruited over 100 members, I have put countless hours into sending invites through the horribly slow servers to hundreds of people, and managing the clan to make us the best! I find it extremely unfair considering the circumstances. If "it was supposed to be reserved", IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN! How can they hold me responsible for it?

I emailed him back explaining my thoughts about the situation, and asked him if they will forcibly change the name if I do not choose something to change it to.

Please share your thoughts below!!! Any ideas on what I should do?

Tell them you want next year free, or no dice.

• Re: Beachhead wants to change my clan name that ive had for almost a month! HOW IS THIS FAIR!?
      untraumatized

this is the last message i sent with the previous conversation atteched...

Hello, I am not trying to come off as rude or disrespectful, and I appreciate the work your team is putting into the service, but you did not really answer my main question. Do I have a choice? When you first contacted me you asked me if I would be open to letting you use the clan, so do I have a choice or not? Will the name be forcibly changed if I do not choose a different clan name? Do I really have a say in the matter? It seems strange that you need the clan name ELITE for testing. Why would the clan name make a difference? I am NOT trying to argue that you don't have the right to take the name away from my clan, I just fail to see how it will benefit you in any way.

Also I would like to add that I hardly think a few bags of Doritos or a few 12 packs of Mountain Dew is worth the amount of time and effort I have been putting into this clan. The double XP is essentially useless to us, while it may help out members individually, it does nothing to benefit the clan (which will undoubtedly see a decrease in growth if the original name is taken away). Is there anything else you can do for us? I appreciate that you are trying to somewhat make up for the mistake, but double XP seems like a lazy way to try and make up for what (from my point of view) is quite a big mistake. Please reply ASAP, thank you.

--- On Fri, 12/2/11, Howell, Peter <Peter.Howell@activision.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: Clan ELITE

To: "Kevin ******" <**************@yahoo.com>

Date: Friday, December 2, 2011, 7:57 PM

Kevin,

I really want to apologize. The Elite clan is for the service and internal testing. We'd be happy to give you something like "The_Elite_Clan" or "Elite_Clan" but Elite, by itself is a trademark for the service and intended to be an official Clan. It was a bug that this name was allowed for you guys. We're really sorry about that.

I've spoken to the team, and they'd be OK with giving all your guys a free 2 hour grant of double XP as an apology for our screw up.

Best,

Peter

On Dec 2, 2011, at 5:18 PM, Kevin ****** wrote:

That is very disappointing, the entire clan has been built around the name, I don't see what benefits could possibly make up for taking what our 100 member level 25 clan was built around. I also fail to see how this happened, if it was supposed to be reserved, it should have been. I have had this clan for almost a month and all of the sudden it was supposed to be reserved?

If I do not choose a new name will you forcibly change it? It seems extremely unfair considering the circumstances. Please get back to me as soon as possible.

On Dec 2, 2011, at 4:13 PM, "Howell, Peter" <Peter.Howell@activision.com> wrote:

Hey Kevin,

This Clan name was supposed to be reserved — so we need to apologize for letting you have it in the first place. We're happy to change your Clan's name to a new one.

I will talk to the team and try and arrange a nice benefit for your Clan members for the trouble. In the meantime, just let me know what Clan name you'd like to change to.

Best,

Peter

Community Manager

Beachhead Studio

On Dec 1, 2011, at 1:21 PM, Kevin ****** wrote:

Could you be a little more specific? Sounds great I'm just curious what you would like to use it for.

Thanks for showing interest! I look forward to hearing back you!

Kevin ******

On Dec 1, 2011, at 10:53 AM, "Howell, Peter" <Peter.Howell@activision.com> wrote:

Thanks for joining ELITE and we hope you're enjoying the service.  We noticed you're currently the Clan Leader for the "ELITE"  PS3 clan and wanted to see if you'd be open to letting us use it.  We'd be happy to hook you up in return.

Best,

Peter
      Community Manager
      Beachhead Studio