13 Replies Latest reply: Jul 20, 2012 2:51 PM by puertoricanguy9 RSS

Frags need a buff

MoNsTeR_zAcH

I know that they nerfed explosives in this game because of how OP they were in MW2, but they have gone too far with this, especially with the frag grenades. In order to get a kill with them the grenade has to almost be touchinf them and can be no further than a foot from them. And for whatever reason, semtexes are far more powerful than frags which is not how it is suppossed to be.

• Re: Frags need a buff
    mickilla

This was a problem in MW2 also. If you actually check the numbers, the semtex had more power than any other equipment item, even the C4. It has been hard to tell if that's still the case in MW3, but if it is I'd say its more important to cut the semtex's lethal radius than it is to buff the frag's. I for one am very happy that explosives aren't a reliable way to weasel out of having to aim. But leaving the semtex the way it was in MW2 just isn't acceptable.

mischaelite

Agreed, I would even like to see the grenade launcher get a teeny weeny buff as the only time I use it now is if I am caught off guard reloading. You should at least be able to flush out campers with it and I cannot see why one would get the Blast Shield when you survive mostexplosive attacks anyway.

The undermounted shotgun would need a 100% double strength buff since it is even hard to get kills with it in hardcore now.

If the equipment are there just for show it does not add any diversity to the gameplay at all.

You are speaking in terms of Core right? The same game type that takes 20+ rounds to kill someone?

It also takes too long to cook the frag. MW3 is so much faster than BLOPS you just don't have time to cook it first. I like using frags rather than semtex as I can bounce it off corners but now I only use semtex because its quicker.

all explosives need a buff in core modes i cant understand why they have put in blastshield then nurfed explosives it seems a little stupid to me

I think Blast shield worked for all of 2 days...I know cause I used it for the first couple days with a riot shield to have some fun. I recently went back to trying it and got blown to bits by something 5-7ft away and in front of my shield. =(

In core I've direct impacted people with frag grenades and had it immediately explode afterwards with no kill whatsoever (no blast shields involved).

I can't count how many times I've gotten hit markers from frag grenades in HC...

zArtfulDgr

I vote a BIG NO.   I can't count how many times I've been killed by the miracle nad chucked randomly across the map.  This would just make it worse.  People die a lot in MW3 because of all the twisty maps.   So it's already a constant rain of nads and flashes.  On the smaller maps people just spawn,  chuck all their nades and stuns randomly, then run off and die immediately.  Then repeat.  Blast shield does next to nothing for explosions, and literally nothing against flash.

I liked explosives for one reason in MW2,  to root campers out of their hidey holes.   But with the way this game plays,  powerful explosives would be the death of the game.

They were slightly weaker in MW2. That's why most people use the semtex.

puertoricanguy9

the same thing happens to me wit grenades and its happening to me with c4 and the guys im getting hitmarkers on arent even using blast shield...the only time im gettin kills if theyre hurt or if its directly under them