1 1,186 1,187 1,188 1,189 1,190 Previous Next 12,156 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2012 5:44 PM by iif0xh0undii Go to original post RSS
  • 11,865. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    dastealth

YeahRight wrote:

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

The fixes are all in the TUs released on both platforms. We are using the telemetry data to determine when to turn them on and what settings are required. Follow @IWMarkRubin on Twitter who will be providing information as we roll these out. There is more stuff coming too.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

I remember when you said things about throttling connections could be a bannable offense and you got all the tools to monitor that. So what is your new tool adding to that? Sending out alerts when someones connection is flctuating the h*ll out? And then what? Just get your matchmaking together and adjust lag comp in an orderly fashioned way so that good connection pwns bad connection.

I don't think you quite understand what the tools they are implementing are.

• 11,866. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

dastealth wrote:

YeahRight wrote:

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

The fixes are all in the TUs released on both platforms. We are using the telemetry data to determine when to turn them on and what settings are required. Follow @IWMarkRubin on Twitter who will be providing information as we roll these out. There is more stuff coming too.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

I remember when you said things about throttling connections could be a bannable offense and you got all the tools to monitor that. So what is your new tool adding to that? Sending out alerts when someones connection is flctuating the h*ll out? And then what? Just get your matchmaking together and adjust lag comp in an orderly fashioned way so that good connection pwns bad connection.

I don't think you quite understand what the tools they are implementing are.

enlighten me. well, at least humor me

• 11,867. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

Here is what I think about Lag Compensation either fix it or get rid of it and ban anyone lagging above 150 ms ping.

• 11,868. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    fallball08

@ G IH A IN ID II

Ok but will the losses we recieved be taken away? Because recieving 4 or 5 losses in 1 game of search would be very disappointing.

• 11,869. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    dastealth

YeahRight wrote:

From what I understand the new tools have nothing to do with people throttling the connection speeds, etc. The new tools will allow them to make backend changes "on the fly" to the existing settings within the current patches. Kinda like the hotfix system but primarily developed for connection and matchmaking conditions and the alterations of all of the related settings.

I may not be completely right with what I am saying but what you were saying is way off.

• 11,870. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    Snipingdbag

jdanneo wrote:

Terminal from MW2 is confirmed by Mark Rubin to be returning in MW3 as free DLC. Also, why complain about free DLC? It doesn't matter if it's one map or ten, it's free content you didn't have to pay for.

They blocked the port info with a red screen saying to download those 2 free crappy face-off maps (1 is decent) with 1.16. I then do and notice that host lag even exist in a game mode with just 6 people and since I get host a lot with 12 players, that’s always with just 6. That’s why I complained..

Terminal is a fun map, but they should add more free old mw2 maps like afghan, scrapyard,  favela, salvage & highrise. At least 3. 1 Adds so little.

• 11,871. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

I just want to post some stuff here.

First off, the postitives. Face-off is awesome, I love the fast pace action. Shipment and Rust would be amzing for the mode, please by all means add it. I see patch fixes are still going and great, awesome support for bugs.

Now the negatives. The synch is terrible. I was playing 3v3 and a player on the enemy team got a MOAB. What are the odds? I was amazed, but everytime I went to shoot the guy something was not right. My bullets could not hit him, he was could be killed but he had some sort of advantage. Luckily I saw hime camping and shot an RPG in his face to avenge my team which felt good.

Also, didn't GIHAINIDII say that no delay or latency is added to the host? That is simply not true at all. In face off, 2v2, every match I played everybody was limited to 2 bars, there was no 4 bar host. It's obvious that it lag compensation or that you don't want people to know who the host is. Private match does that as well. However, in 3v3, it seem the lag compenstation isn't the same as in 2v2. As there are many 3 bar and 4 bars players. I honestly think face-off is developed for testing purposes. I can assure that never in any MW2 match could you not see the host. There was always the 4 bar host you could see. In private and public. You looked at all the changes from MW2, yet the most obvious changes we can all see are there. At this point I see that you can't go back to MW2 net code, instead you are trying to optimize MW3 to make it playable more easily.

• 11,872. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    fallball08

Can we get an eta of when the win/loss host migration in round based games will be fixed.

• 11,873. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

dastealth wrote:

YeahRight wrote:

From what I understand the new tools have nothing to do with people throttling the connection speeds, etc. The new tools will allow them to make backend changes "on the fly" to the existing settings within the current patches. Kinda like the hotfix system but primarily developed for connection and matchmaking conditions and the alterations of all of the related settings.

I may not be completely right with what I am saying but what you were saying is way off.

Yeah right, laughing out loud and rolling all over the floor. You must have missed class when Ghandi said this is strictly for data gathering wich by the way is everything telemetry does.

• 11,874. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

great work on all fixes so far but please fix these as well increase strength on rpgs and underbarrel grenade launchers having to use 2 when the first hits 10 feet way is crazy!!! 

Please reduce range on all shotguns the distance at which they can one shot you is obsourd!!!

AND USE DEDICATED SERVERS ON THE NEXT GAME THIS PEER TO PEER HOST STUFF IS GARBAGE AND HORRIBLE YOU PUT IN SERVERS AND THE GAME IS MUCH MUCH MORE RELIABLE AND MORE PEOPLE WILL PLAY AND BIGGER ARMYS TO BATTLE WITH!!!