1 562 563 564 565 566 Previous Next 12,156 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2012 5:44 PM by iif0xh0undii Go to original post RSS
  • 5,625. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

you never replied to my pm either

also ghandi has admitted to putting a weapon class buff under consideration in this very thread, so why he would say he doesn't involve himself in such matters makes no sense:

Starting first with the shotguns:

"We removed the extended mag glitch that increased shotgun pellet counts by 50% across all SGs.

The USAS and KSG got their pellets increased by 50% which makes them much better early on - the same as when players used extended mags.

SPAS-12 had its base min damage effectively tripled and its max damage at fall off distance raised by 20%.

AA-12 wasn't buffed as it is a full auto SG.

Striker base stats remained unchanged.

Model 1887 base stats remained unchanged.

Regarding LMGs:

Firstly I confirmed there are no two hit kill ARs at distance. The Mk 14 will two hit kill at medium range and the Type 95 will two hit kill at short range.

As a result of today's discussion the team is now examining LMG balance as an entire category.

Sorry it took so long. Hopefully, this answers peoples' questions.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II"

• 5,626. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

Foxhound

We understand what you are saying but this the thread that gets the main attension of devs and mods.  The rest of the shotgun threads are very spread out and although they are well populated they get little attension from any official people. 

There is a solution to all of this though.  If you made the official shotgun thread like this one and would just check in on it and post some opinions and feedback it would clear up this thread and give us all a place to voice our thoughts on the specific matter of shotgun balance.  Doing that would just insure that the discussion will at least be viewed by someone official and would generally clean up a lot of clutter in this forum.

On a side note with the number of people that think shotguns have a problem don't you think there might actually be one.  You said yourself, " frequency of discussion, length of posts and personal digs." If people are willing to do all of that frequently enough you should create and participate in when appropriate, a thread for us to voice our thoughts.

• 5,627. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    iif0xh0undii

I have not stated any of what you have in regards to Ghandi's personal preference or involvement. I've only requested that the discussion branch off and offered logical and objective reasoning of why it should, and will, be done.

• 5,628. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    iif0xh0undii

I apologize, but I will have to decline those requests. It is currently in the best interests of the community, and sub-communities, to establish the threads themselves. I'm not part of the decision making progress for this game or it's patches. If you wish to discuss this further, please contact me via a Forum PM. Our discussion about the discussion of a topic is continuing this off topic nature.

- Foxy

• 5,629. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

Ghandi,

No disrespect but your team has been discussing spawn patches for about 3 months now. Actions speak louder than words if you see what I'm getting at.

Also could you look at that PM, it's been over 2 weeks now I think.

Natty.

• 5,630. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    dedicatedserversplease

Hi Ghandi-

Hope you had a good trip and hope you are doing well.  I was wondering if the music remixing/lobby countdown ticker was supposed to be included in the patch that was released?  Thanks again and I will provide some experiences from the most recent patch either late tonight or tomorrow.  Thanks Pete

• 5,631. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    triiviium-

The devs do know about your complaints about shotguns and guns in general other wise they wouldnt be on the list for things that are being worked on.

• 5,632. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    nuttin2say

Alexanaxela wrote:

you never replied to my pm either

Regarding LMGs:

Firstly I confirmed there are no two hit kill ARs at distance. The Mk 14 will two hit kill at medium range and the Type 95 will two hit kill at short range.

As a result of today's discussion the team is now examining LMG balance as an entire category.

Sorry it took so long. Hopefully, this answers peoples' questions.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II"

If you were talking about Foxhound responding to pms, etc ... its all in the tone.

Regarding LMGs ... here's an example of the way LMGs should be used ...

MK46 - multi-owned

• 5,633. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    esmorgue

Here is an outlet to post weapons issues, discussions or thelike that have been deemed OT or problematic in a sense to this thread.

Link G IH A IN ID II to the thread as his attention is needed for it.

http://community.callofduty.com/message/105951481

• 5,634. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

iif0xh0undii wrote:

@Brick2urFace

If the frequency of the discussion, length of posts and personal digs weren't as high or starting to creep up so much, then I wouldn't mind it being included in this thread from a moderator standpoint. However, I feel that it does need it's own thread. Removing the posts and requesting the issue be extended to a new thread allows for points, counterpoints and new thoughts to ultimately be refined.

Don't mistake my efforts as "shutting a topic out." It's simply outpacing and outgrowing the intention of it's host thread and needs to develop more on it's own. Keep the discussion clean and objective to catch the eye of the developers. You can always link the thread here when talks of weapon rebalancing start to muster up or it catches Ghandi's eye.

This is more related to weapon balance in general but I just wanted to say a few things and hopefully you have some solutions to or comments on these things:

1) I understand that weapon balance is not really G IH A IN ID II's area of expertise. He works mostly with the stuff that is related to servers and netcode and possibly glitches (?). Which is all the more reason why you should at least have one of the people involved in weapon balance post on this board (not necessarily this thread but at least a sticky'd thread designated to weapon balance) so that a more effective discussion regarding weapon balance can be made that doesn't get mixed in with the unrelated discussion of lag, glitches, and game modes.

2) It would be VERY helpful if, either through a PM or post on a thread, you explained to us what sorts of things you guys would find to be plausible patches, for example:

- I'm assuming that the removal of anything from the custom classes is plausible simply due to the nightmarish logistics in implementing such a thing on existing classes. Is that correct?

- Is changing the range numbers on a weapon as plausible as changing the damage numbers on a weapon or is it as hard to implement as removing an attachment or weapon?

- Is changing something like starting reserve ammo plausible?