1 579 580 581 582 583 Previous Next 12,156 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2012 5:44 PM by iif0xh0undii Go to original post RSS
  • 5,800. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

@G IH A IN ID II,

Hello Again,

Still don't see the dev notes on our videos posted here.  So, heres the deal.  Just be straight up with me. First question, you ever going to post the notes? Second question, Can lag comp be removed completely?  Third question, If no to last question can lag comp be "slidered" down to almost zero?  Just simple yes or no; I promise I wont tell Bobby Kotick or any of your superiors that you gave me straight answer.

• 5,801. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    vims1990

Honestly, I don't understand the connectivity in this game. Seriously, it's god-damn ridiculous when I host & I'm always 4 barring.

Notice in this short clip, I get the first shots off & I end up dying. Also in the killcam, the opposing player takes no damage.

• 5,802. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    esmorgue

@ G IH A IN ID II,

I like the idea of the poll. Though as Maccabi has stated it needs more than the "premium" & "standard" definition. More detail is needed than that.

Maybe a poll or thread that is Moderated by you and the iih0undii and other Mods that is locked specifically to pingtest/speedtests reaching servers over 100 miles or maybe a little more.

Some of these folks think that doing a pingtest to a server 25-50 miles away is a accurate notification of 733tnezzz interwebzzzz.. Its not and should be discounted.

Certain criteria should apply as stated by Maccabi.

console, wireless, hardwired, etc.. Please give this and what Maccabi posted some consideration for better more adult appearing results. We arent asking for perfection from you guys as far as network enhancements.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1808201749.png

http://www.pingtest.net/result/58070965.png

• 5,803. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

@ G IH A IN ID II : So LMGs are currently testing for rebalance... Do you remember my request to patch the Dragunov to OSOK to the chest w/out silencer and to the head and neck w/ silencer? I hope you still have it in mind. If you just increase it's base damage from 70 to 98 (and w/ silenced from 50 to 70) OR give it 2X multipliers to the head and neck, and 1.5X to the chest, it would be just as great as its COD4/BO counterparts! Not much to really debate on, IMO.

• 5,804. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    esmorgue

@ G IH A IN ID II,

I see I have no alternative other to pull out the PVR. I had a match where everyone in the lobby had strong4 bars, or at least 3. Except one guy that you make out was foreign with 2 bars. I have the clip where you can see from my view that I am getting hitmarkers, yet look from his view no damage being recieved at all. Now is that the hosts fault, that damage isnt being recieved yet I am get notified that I am hitting him/

• 5,805. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    esmorgue

kizzlebee wrote:

@G IH A IN ID II,

Hello Again,

Still don't see the dev notes on our videos posted here.  So, heres the deal.  Just be straight up with me. First question, you ever going to post the notes? Second question, Can lag comp be removed completely?  Third question, If no to last question can lag comp be "slidered" down to almost zero?  Just simple yes or no; I promise I wont tell Bobby Kotick or any of your superiors that you gave me straight answer.

If he is the Steve I think he is...There are probably not to many above him.

• 5,806. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    coolwhhhip

@Ghandi

Hey man, I was going to participate in your poll but I didn't know what you meant by Standard vs Premium ISP. Sorry.

• 5,807. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    vims1990

esmorgue wrote:

@ G IH A IN ID II,

I see I have no alternative other to pull out the PVR. I had a match where everyone in the lobby had strong4 bars, or at least 3. Except one guy that you make out was foreign with 2 bars. I have the clip where you can see from my view that I am getting hitmarkers, yet look from his view no damage being recieved at all. Now is that the hosts fault, that damage isnt being recieved yet I am get notified that I am hitting him/

Well that's what I don't get.

The host should be sending & receiving information (i.e. bullet counts etc) at the exact time yet in this damn game, there's a delay which is screwing up the host & everyone with decent connections.

• 5,808. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    esmorgue

@ Vims: I have had this problem from day 1. It is always someone with a lesser connection than me, and Split Screeners. They, I will never understand how 1 person on a console/connection can have issues, but 2 people on 1 consoles processor/connection will not cause more problems. With sending and recieving info....They are the only substantial thing added since MW2 that definitely has a impact on the game.

• 5,809. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

Customers can play other online multiplayer games like CoD4 & MW2 right now using the exact same network setups, router configs, ISPs, etc. that they play MW3 with, but they can have relatively problem-free matches with other games.

Our current bandwidth & ping provide more than enough for other games to run relatively smoothly & consistently.

...Which is why I'm not convinced MW3's "lag compensation" problems have much (if anything) to do network traffic failing to be transmitted & received between consoles sufficiently fast enough.

Instead, I suspect something in MW3's programming is simply failing to accurately sequence/synchronize player actions.

Something in the MW3 host/server process probably acts as a sort of "traffic cop" to direct incoming & outgoing network traffic, and even though the traffic might be moving plenty fast enough, this "traffic cop" might be directing the traffic the wrong way.