1 580 581 582 583 584 Previous Next 12,156 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2012 5:44 PM by iif0xh0undii Go to original post RSS
  • 5,810. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    Zacharybinx34

This really sucks....

The netcode in this game is sooooo aggrivating!!!!!!

• 5,811. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    esmorgue

operator-1 wrote:

Customers can play other online multiplayer games like CoD4 & MW2 right now using the exact same network setups, router configs, ISPs, etc. that they play MW3 with, but they can have relatively problem-free matches with other games.

Our current bandwidth & ping provide more than enough for other games to run relatively smoothly & consistently.

...Which is why I'm not convinced MW3's "lag compensation" problems have much (if anything) to do network traffic failing to be transmitted & received between consoles sufficiently fast enough.

Instead, I suspect something in MW3's programming is simply failing to accurately sequence/synchronize player actions.

Something in the MW3 host/server process probably acts as a sort of "traffic cop" to direct incoming & outgoing network traffic, and even though the traffic might be moving plenty fast enough, this "traffic cop" might be directing the traffic the wrong way.

I totally agree with you. I can play CoD4 as of right now and even though the player base is very minimal, I will suffer for only that reason. I can tell when some kind of discrepancy is due to the matchmaking. This game has something that falls short of "up-to-date" technology being it seems. That why I thought and posted the question, were they using CoD3 servers. I dont know but the game is way out of tune.

Message was edited by: esmorgue

• 5,812. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    drgrincheux

I played with some friends on PS3 yesterday, it was HORRIBLE! In the killcam, I was always 0.5s behind the guy who kills me. For example, on my screen, I drop shot, kill the first guy, stand up, take cover when I saw the second one and die. On the killcam, the guy was killing me when I was lying on the floor. I was still prone according to his screen... So frustrating!

• 5,813. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    Zacharybinx34

drgrincheux

how good is ur connection?

How many  Bars?

• 5,814. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    drgrincheux

10Mb/s Down 1Mb/s Up, a 40ms ping to reach any border country (I'm living in France), it's not that great but it was enough for COD4, Black Ops or CS using german servers... I'm always on a 3 or 4 bars (but I don't think that the bars really mean something in MW3...) even if I play against german or spanish people.

I haven't notice such delays before TU9/10.

• 5,815. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

This game is just awful, I can't stand it anymore. I never thought I'd say this, but it's actually as bad as Black Ops. Constant lag, being shot around corners, being shot dead with a single bullet, getting more hitmarkers than should be possible, totally imbalanced weapons (both overpowered and underpowered), terrible maps and terrible spawns.

• 5,816. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    drgrincheux

It is actually worse than Black Ops, by far.

• 5,817. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    esmorgue

@ G IH A IN ID II, well you need to notify those that you are trying to make everything "equitable" for why hosts are dishing out losses to them. Make sure and tell them that you are trying as hard as possible to make the game as crappy for the ones holding the lobbies together in-game, so the lesser can have a equitable experience.

I am pretty sure most of the kiddies would like to know why they need this done and they didnt in MW2. Or why they need to be given a handout when they know they are good without it, or they really dont care because they just want to have fun. They dont care about K/D or W/L ratios.

See the error in the ways of this is. Lets look at GW...18 people...1 out of the 18 is host, you piss that 1[=minority of the community] he dashes or signs out...well, well, well we have 17 people [=the majority] that arent happy. Now why or how is that equitable? He was being punished for having the service that renders him host, they get punished because you guys want make things balanced for those who dont have the service deemed suitable [by your system] on non-dedis. Hell, it has been stated from your crossing the threshold into CoDHq, if you cant go back to what MW2 was using, at least attempt to get it as close.

Message was edited by: esmorgue

• 5,819. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    maccabi

Zacharybinx34 wrote:

This really sucks....

The netcode in this game is sooooo aggrivating!!!!!!

bit like your constant mentioning of your wonder idea

on that subject..

They can't "revert" back to mw2 netcode as its code designed for mw2 not mw3

Your "double it" suggestion is completely counter productive and yes Ghandi was correct everytime you up the tickrates you also have to up the maxfps ,this has a deterimental effect on the game as you are then pushing the bandwidth and processing capabilities of the consoles too much. It also doesnt change the root problems as thats down to a players ping and how the game code handles that infomation.

Im guessing your comment about people doing this is because you watched a video that came out during blops where some guy had the lag-o-meter up on his console and claimed to have changed his tickrates to make the smoothest game ever right? Either that or you watched a few pc videos and havegotten confuddled.

Either way what you are suggesting wont work and will actually make the game worse.