1 583 584 585 586 587 Previous Next 12,156 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2012 5:44 PM by iif0xh0undii Go to original post RSS
  • 5,840. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

@ GHANDI...did you guys mess with the spawns again?   I am guessing that you did.  I just raged quit due to the spawns that are beyond horrible.  I just finished playing a match on my PS3 on hardhat.  I started the match out 5-0 and was killed by one of the magically exploding barrells that appears to have been shot by no one.  I then spawned, didn't take one step and got shot in the back, spawned, got shot in the back, spawned, got shot in the back, spawned, got shot from the left and behind, spawned with dead mans hand, and guess what?  Got shot in the back after taking 2 steps.  I killed the guy who shot me with my taliban tactical nuke.  Spawned, and finished the map 18-8.  I went from 5-0 to 5-6 in a matter of 30 seconds without firing a shot and only taking 3 steps.  If I remember properly, you stated you play this game.  Would you continue to play when you don't even have a damn chance against this?  COD is suppose to be about fun.  But what fun is it being a stationary spawn target for this crap?  I'm beyond upset at the state of this game.  I have invested my money and my time to play all of the titles from COD4 to this installment.  And I can honestly say I have the least amount of fun with this one.  And heck, even the clan ops are failing.  The one scheduled for tonight is cancelled, go damn figure.  I appreciate your feedback, I hope you can feel my frustration aimed at the game and not you.  I am just venting trying to get someone to acknowledge that this is not fun anymore...period.

• 5,841. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

LMG rebalance? Fair enough, but I could swear you've received at least two times more complaints about shotguns being bad than LMGs in the last one hundred pages, but have simply dismissed them.

• 5,842. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

LMG rebalance will arrive with next TU, as will fixed Dead Silence/SR Pro functionality.

Other updates being worked on include (no ETA)

Stalker/SRP functionality.

Pistols in Akimbo that have uneven magazine counts.

Slow motion functionality in Theater.

Matchmaking for parties.

Further networking improvements.

and more...

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

Any info regarding what that buff for the LMGs will be? Range, Damage, Recoil, and/or Sway?

Chairman Meow wrote:

LMG rebalance? Fair enough, but I could swear you've received at least two times more complaints about shotguns being bad than LMGs in the last one hundred pages, but have simply dismissed them.

The spas-12, ksg-12, 1887, and aa12 do still need to be rebalanced clearly, but the LMGs were a class that literally next no one was using. Like, there was literally no excuse to not buff the LMGs considering how little they were used and how blatantly inferior they were to ARs with regards to everything that wasn't ammo count (worse range, worse recoil, worse sway, worse ironsight zoom, worse damage, etc)

primey0 wrote:

primey0 wrote

Fix things that doesn't need fixing (LMGs), Ignore things (Spawns, lag comp) which needs fixing.

I think the better way to put it is:

Fix the things that need to be fixed and can be fixed (such as LMGs, manual action shotguns, akimbo, game modes, map explots, etc.) and not waste time fixing things that for all we know aren't actually fixable (lag compensation, spawns on maps like Dome).

• 5,843. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    anoreo

Test, how does the KSG need buffing? It is quite consistent in its range and with Damage, it's pretty solid. Far more reliable than the 1887 for me. I know I asked before but I can't find the post anywhere

Besides, I'd rather see the 1887, AA-12 and SPAS buffed far before the KSG, if that even needs one at all.

• 5,844. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

The thing with the ksg is this:

Yes it does do much better than it did before it got the pellet buff. It's now more consistent at closer range than the spas-12 and 1887 thanks to the extra pellet. It could still use improvement but it is now somewhat more consistent.

The bigger problem is that the spas-12 and 1887 do in fact need to be buffed to 40 damage per pellet at close range. The problem is that if the 1887 and spas-12 were to get that buff, the KSG would also need to be buffed to make up for the lower RoF and shorter range than the 1887 and spas-12.

Also, right now while the KSG is better than it was before it is still blatantly outclassed by the USAS, which does the same amount of close range damage but fires twice as fast, and by the striker which has a fire rate that more than offsets any slight pellet advantage the KSG has over it.

If you want to further discuss this then PM me.

bo2000 wrote:

what about shotguns shooting game ending nukes? would you then shut up like fox told you?

The topic was more centered around the LMG buff (which is part of an upcoming update and therefor is on topic). The above part of my post was merely to respond to something I forgot to respond to last time.

• 5,845. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    anoreo

Sure. I look forward to hear what you have to say.

• 5,846. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

@G IH A IN ID II

First of all thanks for fixing the host disadvantage.  But you tuned it too far the other way brother!

I understand why you are giving the host a massive host advantage now - to get them to stop cheating and be willing to be host. I'm OK with that for now.

The problem is it's not just the host but the host's entire party that has the advantage. Can you please fix it so only the host has the massive advantage and not their whole party - and please after a couple weeks tune it back to something a little more balanced where the host advantage is only slight.

Whenever we have 3 bars or 3.5 bars, the host and the entire hosts party has a 30-60 frame advantage on us. Thank you.

• 5,847. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

baddress wrote:

@G IH A IN ID II

Ghandi, you tuned it too far the other way brother.

I understand why you are giving the host a massive host advantage now - to get them to stop cheating and be willing to be host - but please after a couple weeks tune it back to something balanced in the middle please.

And this is why I have a hard time believing that lag compensation is an actual, fixable problem.

I personally found that whenever I was getting the short end of the connection stick, 90% of time it was because I was in a party that included people across the country (for example I'm from east coast and there might be someone from california on the team).

As much as I wish such a thing is easily fixable, it isn't. It makes sense that connection issues would pop up whenever I am in a situation where there is much more distance between the people playing.

I'd also advise that people not ask for them to spend too much time fixing spawns on maps like Dome. The focus should be more on making sure that the maps they do release have "safe spawn" areas like the top left and bottom right sections of the CoD4 map Pipeline:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100804130256/callofduty/images/thumb/7/7 e/Pipeline.jpg/683px-Pipeline.jpg

• 5,848. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    Ugotstretched

I much rather have 1 host having a slight advanyage then half the room having it. 

• 5,849. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    Ugotstretched

Bottomline is the worse your ping is the better this game is.  Ive played on great connections and bad and whenever the ping is 100 or better the game runs better