18 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2012 12:13 PM by Bleak5170 RSS

Stiker vs AA-12?

What one is better,  in game the stats show the AA-12 holds the edge but what about in actual play

• Re: Stiker vs AA-12?

none they are both crap just like all the shotguns

The aa-12 is really really really bad untill you get ex. mags and or range/damage it takes atleast 5 out of 8 shots to kill someone 3 feet away and you only start with 16 slugs.

The striker on the other hand fires really fast also, has more range and the tightest shotgun spread, unlike the aa-12/spas/ksg/usas the striker is actually not that bad without ex.mags and proficiencies and is extremely good when you unlock the ex mags and damage proficiency, only downside is a slow reload but a sleight of hand will fix that issue.

Source; 5th prestiger that god all of the shotguns except for the ksg to 31.

True.  The AA-12 is the worst shotgun in the game. Takes to many bullets to kill. VERY little ammo making it reliant on the perk Scavenger. Horrible Range. Id rather run around hip spraying with a Type95 than use a AA12

Moon Head 92

Funny because I ALWAYS do or have done better with the AA-12... it's all down to personal preferance, to me the Striker is like the "training wheels" of the shotguns, i say this as it takes little effort to use and anyone can pick it up, whereas the AA-12 actually takes effort and you have to work your way up, most people take the easy route though, which i find very lame.

kylet345

While the Striker is better primary shotgun, the AA-12 is better used as a secondary weapon via Overkill.

illstplaya2live

The aa-12 is garbage like everyone else said. The striker is ok but it's. It a one hit kill. The model 1887 is the only one hit kill. The down side is that it's got a slow fire rate. But if you are gonna use a shotgun use the 1887.

Moon Head 92

The AA-12 is FAR better than that turd you call the "model"... lol all the Model does is get hit markers at close range, it's an absolute joke, i'd even rather use the spas more than that thing, Striker, AA-12, USAS and possibly the spas are most likely the best shotties in the game, to be honest and this coming down to experience.

I just got the AA-12 to level 30 and it's great, probably going to use the spas as my 2nd shotgun class, as i find the striker way too easy to use and that's boring, no need to use the USAS since i got my AA, and the KSG and Model just love hitmarkers.

Sharted1ce

Love th the aa-12, I poop on ppl who use the striker with range/damage......it really depends who gets the jump on the first shot though which is usually me....the aa-12 deals heavy flinch if the first shot doesn't kill. I've gotten more OHK with the aa-12 at close range without damage/range. I love when the game starts and I rack up about 5-6 kills real quick only for the other team to get pissed and switch to a shotgun class to try and eff me up.......it's rather amusing....which then ends with me shooting a nice message "u get mad bro?"

rlbl

lol...

But seriously. After the patch has the AA12 gotten any better?

I have range on the striker and working my way to damage, but I am also trying out other shotguns to level. Not sure which I like yet...  The AA12 is fun, but not very good.

The Striker is better. Personally i think the AA12 is the worst since it is perk reliant.

rlbl

ty.  I have been noting the same thing.

Off-topic (but pertinent).  How do the other shotguns measure up (post patch).

I am starting to see the KSG a lot more. THink I will try it. I do not like the slow fire rate of the USAS (well it is slow compared to the striker)

I used to say Striker(got it gold and all). Since the patch to it It just seems weak to me, even with Damage.

Bleak5170

It does truly suck now. Triple and quad kills used to be easy with the Striker. Now you come across two enemies and you're probably dead. It's so disheartening to see how badly IW nerfed this weapon.

RAMBONER

I have the AA12 almost gold.  I think it will be in 5 or 6 games and it isnt bad and is pretty fun to use.  SOH and Scav are required which sucks.  Even with ext. mags you can only kill a couple of people with it before a reload.  The big thing that sucks about it is the range.  It has horrible range and not great damage and the accuracy is half of what the striker is which lessens damage even more and all in all makes it terrible until you get damage or range.  Once in a great while when I am getting owned by strikers while using the AA I switch back to the striker and it is way way better in all honesty I just try not to use it because everyone does.  The striker feels faster movement wise, more pellets on target, and it has a faster ROF.

To be honest the best shotty post patch is the USASS.  It has crazy damage now and its ROF is pretty good second only to the striker. The only reason I wont use it is it sounds like a tin roof going off.  It really sounds like **** and for some reason that really bothers me.  haa... I wish the 1887 had more knock down as I have levelled it to 20 and  it is brutal with hit markers coupled with the slow ROF a hit marker = death most of the time..

Oh and the patch didnt hurt the striker one bit.  It just made a couple of the others more viable which was a good thing.  If the KSG had more damage I would use that it sounds badass IMO.

I don't use shotguns personally but when I have seen them used, the only one that seems legit is the striker...

I'm a huge fan of shotguns, mainly since W@W, and I can tell you that shottys are definitely underpowered in COD.  Honestly I feel that it's for a good reason.  Who would want to run around with an SMG if shottys had amazing range?  If that was the case everyone would be using shotguns.  Instead it takes skill (and some luck) to run around with a shotgun and have a decent K/D. 

I use the Striker and have been since MW3 was released.  It's ROF is amazing and is very effective if you use the range perk.  I prefer that perk over damage.  Use the Grip and Steady Aim and it's over Johnny.  I reload as often as I can.  The benefit to close range kills is that you can swap your secondary for their lonely primary that's laying on the ground. 

I have been seeing the KSG a lot more since the patch so I'm going to give that a try next.

Bleak5170

The Striker is half the gun it used to be before 1.08 but it's still miles better than the AA-12. Don't base it off the gun stats. The AA-12 is basically useless unless you're two feet from your intended victim.

rlbl

Yeah I have noted that... I was shooting someone one and he backed up a few feet and I ran out of bullets...

GOnna try the KSG after I am done leveling the striker.