1 2 3 Previous Next 80 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2012 6:15 PM by thebiindsniper RSS

Bowling on deathstreaks

iamhollywood5

So this is Robert Bowlings latest stance deathstreaks...

@fourzerotwo @AF_Shorty Deathstreaks in general are frustrating for the average to good player, why you refuse to remove them I don't know.

58 minutes ago https://twitter.com/#https://twitter.com/#https://twitter.com/#

@fourzerotwoRobert Bowling

@MrHUK @AF_Shorty I agree but its a feature that is appreciated by an equally as large user base. One of those things.

So apparently 50% likes having deathstreaks.  This is almost as absurd as the statement he made 2 years ago saying the Javelin glitch only affected 1% of the player base.  Seriously?  Half of us like deathstreaks?  I'm pretty sure even the really bad kids get pissed off at deathstreaks, not just the more skilled players.  There may be a few rare people here and there who do like deathstreaks but I think it's safe to say more than 90% of COD gamers wish deathstreaks were not in the game.  Bowling is so out of touch with the community it's almost laughable, Thank goodness Treyarch knows what they are doing...

• 1. Re: Bowling on deathstreaks

iamhollywood5 wrote

Thank goodness Treyarch knows what they are doing...

The only thing Treyarch is good at is community interaction(Vahn, not JD360_360).

• 2. Re: Bowling on deathstreaks
    avengedyesterday

iamhollywood5 wrote:

So this is Robert Bowlings latest stance on b*tchstreaks... i mean deathstreaks...

@fourzerotwo @AF_Shorty Deathstreaks in general are frustrating for the average to good player, why you refuse to remove them I don't know.

58 minutes ago https://twitter.com/#https://twitter.com/#https://twitter.com/#

@fourzerotwoRobert Bowling

@MrHUK @AF_Shorty I agree but its a feature that is appreciated by an equally as large user base. One of those things.

So apparently 50% likes having deathstreaks.  This is almost as absurd as the statement he made 2 years ago saying the Javelin glitch only affected 1% of the player base.  Seriously?  Half of us like deathstreaks?  I'm pretty sure even the really bad kids get pissed off at deathstreaks, not just the more skilled players.  There may be a few rare people here and there who do like deathstreaks but I think it's safe to say more than 90% of COD gamers wish deathstreaks were not in the game.  Bowling is so out of touch with the community it's almost laughable, Thank goodness Treyarch knows what they are doing...

I doubt it, the percentage of players that actually come around and voice their opinions is very small.

• 3. Re: Bowling on deathstreaks
    cwatz

They are 2 for 2 in this generations cod games.  IW is 1 for 3. 

Thats not to say they have been flawless, but they most certainly have been very good games.

• 4. Re: Bowling on deathstreaks
    tedge

So he's just assuming what the people that don't speak want?

I've never once heard a person say killstreaks are good. They are garbage and should have died with MW2.

• 5. Re: Bowling on deathstreaks
    cwatz

Id like him to answer this.

Whats the point in playing a game when its deciding who lives and dies and not the people at the controller.  I dont feel satisfaction for my kills because I dont earn them, and I get just as frustrated when I die. 

I mean is anyone actually having fun when they are spawned directly behind someone?  Thats not satisfying.  Thats like beating a baby at basketball.  Id rather score 1 shot against a pro than 5000 against a baby.

Thats just revenge spawning.  Now chalk the sprayfest maps, horrible gunplay, deathstreaks and crap like stealth bomber into it.  Took me less than a week to go back to BO and im lovin it.

• 6. Re: Bowling on deathstreaks
    atiredoldguy

I think cwatz makes a good argument FOR deathstreaks.

Why would you feel good about killing the same bad player over and over again?

If your padding your stats picking on bad players , a little surprise might be a nice change of pace.

I always liked enemies using last stand / second chance. It makes a nice added challenge to the game and some of my most enjoyable times in the game have been battling against them .... win or lose.

I also think they can be a solution to those dudes hanging around spawns just waiting to kill the same guy over and over again before he even has a chance to know where he is on the map.

If you are a bad player, it helps you. If you are a good player it challenges you.

Isnt that what the game is about? ...... Challenge?

• 7. Re: Bowling on deathstreaks
    cwatz

I dont know where you get this notion of "picking" on players.  Im just playing a game, not singling people out.  You make it sound like bullying.

Its also not as if they are hopeless children.  Crappy players kill good players all the time.  Cod inherently is a very accessable game, almost anyone can pick it up and have fun.

Killing a guy and getting blown up by c4 where there is absolutely nothing I can do.  Thats challenge for you?  Thats intentional frustration to me.  The game goes out of its way to piss us off, to try and make them feel maybe a tiny bit better (if anything considering they didn't earn it).

When I play a game I want to try and improve, I want to see myself improve, and I want to enjoy the benefits of improving.  Thats what I do when im playing a game.  I mean were heading a direction where we wont even be controlling the game anymore.  The game will run our avatars around ensuring everyone finishes 50/50.  That seems to be what everyone wants these days. 

• 8. Re: Bowling on deathstreaks
    vims1990

Just curious, how can I survive someone falling on their ass & blowing their C4, please give a solution to how I can combat that. (I've tried Blast Shield and that doesn't work)

For the other deathstreaks, yeah sure, I can combat them easily but with Dead Man's Hand, the radius of the explosion is pretty damn big.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnT-Gr5lbE8&feature=plcp&context=C2f98cUDOEgsToPD skIVQN0v60H6MWj-kSLdw9xA

There have also been reports that players purposely kill themselves with the Javelin and once they spawn with Dead Man's Hand, they use it on a good player:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NR6ze91O_8

Please enlighten me, how does it help the player? It may give them a few cheap kills but will that make them better??

To help a new player is by giving them a training feature (like Black Ops Combat Training).

Get them to play against A.I. Bots (as stupid as they are) & afterwards, put them in a public match against stronger opponents.

There have been times I have been 1 off a Pave Low or something I worked hard for and suddenly "Little Johnny" with his Dead Man's Hand blows me up.

I'm sure cwatz is no bully, he's just a good player asking why am I being punished for killing.

• 9. Re: Bowling on deathstreaks
    atiredoldguy

Not meaning you specifically, but there are plenty of players who do.

Lots of players will pad their k/d in the cheapest way possible. ...... prticularly with spawn killing.

But the simple fact is, its like gambling .... sometimes the more frustrating it is, the more addicting it is. we might not want to admit it, and some dont even realize it ...... but surely the developers know the value.

We are all after a good game ....... and have some goal we are aiming for. Whether it be just to win, k/d, challenge, a certain number of kills ...... whatever. But complain all we want .. when you get a good killstreak cut short by a cheap shot , its gonna make you more determined. Next time maybe you'll get a fair shot at it. But just like gambling, the house has the odds, and when you hit that goal its going to feel even better than just flat out getting it because you're good.

They know what they're doing. The balance is all about marketing, and they're smart enough to know how far to push each group of people to keep as many playing as possible. It cant be too easy, and it cant be too hard. They make it easy for the new people but make it just hard enough for the skilled to keep them coming back, and in ways that wont hurt the egos.

1 2 3 Previous Next