1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 93 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2012 8:40 AM by Biff360 Go to original post RSS
  • 45. Re: The lag has gone mainstream

bottom line, this is the biggest piece of crap COD to date and the lag day in and day out is the reason i quit playing a week after i got the game, call it skill or lack of, luck, what ever, but when i play against the same player map after map and never win a face to face something is horribly wrong. the only thing this game had going for it was its awesome graphics in story mode.

• 46. Re: The lag has gone mainstream

Amen, AEon_Xao.

And you got the Star Wars reference in there! Woot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6biql7Hwwk&feature=related

• 47. Re: The lag has gone mainstream
    iif0xh0undii

I actually agree with Maccabi.

I rather play with anti-lag than without on consoles. The only way I'd agree to not having lag compensation is to play on dedicated servers, but that'd be near impossible. It would greatly thwart what I believe is the allure of the console experience as the result would be heavily truncated.

• 48. Re: The lag has gone mainstream

iif0xh0undii wrote:

I actually agree with Maccabi.

I rather play with anti-lag than without on consoles. The only way I'd agree to not having lag compensation is to play on dedicated servers, but that'd be near impossible. It would greatly thwart what I believe is the allure of the console experience as the result would be heavily truncated.

As I posted elsehwere, not many people with technical knowledge want it removed, but toned down.  Right now it's a built in handicap that restrains more people than it helps. We shouldn't be catering to the worst connections at the cost of worsening the experience for average to good connections.

If you want sunshine, move to florida.  You don't nuke the planet so it's nice and warm at the north pole.

• 49. Re: The lag has gone mainstream
    iif0xh0undii

That's kind of a bad analogy.

When I think of the concept of anti-lag, I don't see how it can be "toned down." It's an algorithm that I feel works best and as fairly as possible. Its not like there is a buffer that is throttling our connections/delaying our packets.

• 50. Re: The lag has gone mainstream

"feel works best and as fairly as possible"

hahahahahahhaaaa.  good one!

• 51. Re: The lag has gone mainstream

iif0xh0undii wrote:

That's kind of a bad analogy.

When I think of the concept of anti-lag, I don't see how it can be "toned down." It's an algorithm that I feel works best and as fairly as possible. Its not like there is a buffer that is throttling our connections/delaying our packets.

By changing numbers in the algorith so that we're not averaged out with the worst connections included?(the differences in kill cam and actual kill).

When you think of the concept, that's your problem.  You're not looking at the actual mechanics.  It's giving all plays a time shift, host included.  It's hobbling them and making the game worse for many.

It's actually a pretty good analogy.  Many are paying the price for the few in both scenerio's.

• 52. Re: The lag has gone mainstream
    nightpr0wler76

I agree AEon, the older games ran much smoother, even tho the host may have had a slight advantage, I never saw it hobble the game up like it did in BO and MW3, if people chose to buy garbage internet or its not available in their area, well its just too damn bad, the games had a fairly decent connection up till BO for me, and its gotten a bit worse with MW3.

The real problem is you have morons defending Activision for not choosing dedicated servers, and you are seeing excatly the problem when you take a smallish shooter on the console, and keep trying to add more and more to it, while still running it on client p2p technology, it just doesnt work, if it did, you wouldnt have more and more people logging on to these forums complaining about lag and lag comp.

They can afford dedi's, they are just cheap and they have herp derps on here and some bone head from Acti/IW saying they cant afford it and people believe them, which I feel sad for those people, they have to be handicapped or something, EA has dedicated servers for almost all of their games which easily have more people playing them on a daily basis than the COD series, so I wonder why EA can and does have millions of people using their dedicated servers, but the 500k people that are playing COD at night would be too much to have servers for...LMAO

The best part is when they say it would be too far for some people to be on the servers, maybe they should check their matchmaking then, because I get in rooms with people from Mexico and Japan and Im from Canada lol

Dedis arent a cure all, but they are better than client p2p connections, for the main reason, the dedicated server cant be manipulated in the same way someones home connection can be when they are host.

• 53. Re: The lag has gone mainstream

I knew it!! I'm actually a COD GOD, but lag is messing with my game.

• 54. Re: The lag has gone mainstream

I would pay a few buck a month for ded servers.  If I recall, a CS server for 16 people could average out as little as 3$ a month per player.  Factor in that those 16 people won't be on 24/7, and you could squeeze that number down a smidge.

How much do we pay for XBOX live again?  5 bucks a month, for p2p gaming, free messaging, and annoying updates that add function for only some.

So, everythign that is already free for just about any PC game that comes out, and PC's had that stuff free for decades.

Oh yeah, we're paying for the advertisements, so in reality they make money twice off of us.  MS should shell out for Ded servers, imo.

*grumbles

1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next