1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next 93 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2012 8:40 AM by Biff360 Go to original post RSS
  • 80. Re: The lag has gone mainstream
    mjw3786

    @maccabi - so i'm confused...are you actually trying to argue that THERE IS NO LAG COMPENSATION?!

     

    LoL at you

  • 81. Re: The lag has gone mainstream
    maccabi

    mjw3786 wrote:

     

    @maccabi - so i'm confused...are you actually trying to argue that THERE IS NO LAG COMPENSATION?!

     

    LoL at you

    #lrn2read

  • 82. Re: The lag has gone mainstream
    kidmiestro

    djtn wrote:

     

    Ok, let’s do another scenario. Your team is doing horrible, everyone is negative (which by the way this is usually how it goes, one team goes severely negative and the other severely positive. It’s hardly ever an even/close match). You pull up the score board and notice that they are short a player and still winning!!! A few minutes go by and they get another player on their team. All of the sudden you start putting the enemy down with ease and eventually take the lead and the win! WTF?

     

    This is awesomeness to a T.

     

    There are no telling how many times I have seen this happening.  I have been on both ends on this though and it sucks either way.  So funny to see it come from somone else's fingertips.

     

    And you are right about the games never being close.. about 1 in every 5 games is close and the other 4 are blowouts.  Its always like this.  The best is when your team just ruined the other and then afterwards just the host changes but the teams stay the same and the other team does the insane beatdown.. now tell me how that is!!  Funny stuff.

  • 83. Re: The lag has gone mainstream
    djtn

    SmokeyCheese1 wrote:

     

    Why cant they just put a speed cap on it? Instead of compensating.

     

    Many people believe this is what is happening already. There is no way to speed up someone’s transfer rate so the only other logical option is to slow down the faster data transfer rates and "compensate" for the slower connected players. The problem is that the compensation is too severe, especially when you’re the host. It’s obviously only opinions as no one here knows what's happening in the game loop inside the IW engine but the IW/SH/TA developers.

  • 84. Re: The lag has gone mainstream
    maccabi

    djtn wrote:

     

    SmokeyCheese1 wrote:

     

    Why cant they just put a speed cap on it? Instead of compensating.

     

    Many people believe this is what is happening already. There is no way to speed up someone’s transfer rate so the only other logical option is to slow down the faster data transfer rates and "compensate" for the slower connected players. The problem is that the compensation is too severe, especially when you’re the host. It’s obviously only opinions as no one here knows what's happening in the game loop inside the IW engine but the IW/SH/TA developers.

    geeeus h flipping christ how many more times does this need to be said

     

    you dont have a faster or slower transfer rate past the differences between adsl and cable , stop confusing the numbers isps advertise as speed (x number down x number up) as speed they arent ,they are BANDWIDTH.

     

     

    thdunk thdunk thdunk

  • 85. Re: The lag has gone mainstream
    NIGHTSTALKERUP

    maccabi wrote:

     

    geeeus h flipping christ how many more times does this need to be said

     

    you dont have a faster or slower transfer rate past the differences between adsl and cable , stop confusing the numbers isps advertise as speed (x number down x number up) as speed they arent ,they are BANDWIDTH.

     

     

    thdunk thdunk thdunk

    hey mac, i have a question for you...  i have been noticing in the pre-game lobby, while finding a match, you know how it's scanning through 50ms pings then 75ms pings and so on... welp, here's my question... why, when it's just me or one of my teammates do we 95% of the time get put into 50ms ping matches?  now the other 5% are 75ms pings... but the minute 3 or more of us get together my match pings go up...way up?  i will not even be the party leader and the other guys are saying the match pings are at 50ms but my match pings are going all the way up to 150ms while theirs are the lower?? why?

  • 86. Re: The lag has gone mainstream
    maccabi

    NIGHTSTALKERUP wrote:

     

    maccabi wrote:

     

    geeeus h flipping christ how many more times does this need to be said

     

    you dont have a faster or slower transfer rate past the differences between adsl and cable , stop confusing the numbers isps advertise as speed (x number down x number up) as speed they arent ,they are BANDWIDTH.

     

     

    thdunk thdunk thdunk

    hey mac, i have a question for you...  i have been noticing in the pre-game lobby, while finding a match, you know how it's scanning through 50ms pings then 75ms pings and so on... welp, here's my question... why, when it's just me or one of my teammates do we 95% of the time get put into 50ms ping matches?  now the other 5% are 75ms pings... but the minute 3 or more of us get together my match pings go up...way up?  i will not even be the party leader and the other guys are saying the match pings are at 50ms but my match pings are going all the way up to 150ms while theirs are the lower?? why?

    one of the idiosyncrasies of matchmaking is it will go off the party leader (ingame party not xbl chat party), so while they may be pinging low to a match you wont.

    we use this all the time to swap between uk/us lobbies when we have a mixed party and one side is suffering more than the other (usualy gen as he whines alot)

  • 87. Re: The lag has gone mainstream
    NIGHTSTALKERUP

    alright, well let me throw this at you..it may or may not make a difference..but we all are running the same speeds, all from the same ISP, all withing 5 miles from each other, 2 of us are in the same sub net and all are on Fiber.  also, i was not the party leader.  now, my MTU is set lower than the other 2, which i am going to fix one of them's today.  i checked my pings yesterday and had an avge or 29ms.  i pinged Activisions web and Callofduty's web.  would those be effective sites to ping?

  • 88. Re: The lag has gone mainstream
    maccabi

    assuming you're only going to playing in the states, best to ping the other coast or furthest server from your location to get an accurate reading and somewhere in texas as its middle of the geographic location.

     

    most dedi server farms for us would be situated east/west coast and texas as these are the three main areas that cover the most area geographically

  • 89. Re: The lag has gone mainstream
    NIGHTSTALKERUP

    maccabi wrote:

     

    assuming you're only going to playing in the states, best to ping the other coast or furthest server from your location to get an accurate reading and somewhere in texas as its middle of the geographic location.

     

    most dedi server farms for us would be situated east/west coast and texas as these are the three main areas that cover the most area geographically

    10-4. i'm set to locale. but still not quite sure i understand the whole, i'm pinging higher matches than my teamates, in the same party and i'm not the party leader?  could you explain a lil more for me?  i work for my ISP and i'm the one doing all the jerking around on our ports, but i speak and understand better in laymans terms...LOL!

1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next