20 Replies Latest reply: Dec 13, 2011 12:30 AM by PaulBishUK RSS

Was I just hacked??

Ok the strangest thing just happened to me. I was playing in a game of HCTDM on mission, everything seemed fine and I wasn't doing too badly when all of a sudden I was diconnected from the server. I tried to rejoin, but when I rejoined I would be kicked again after a few seconds. I kept doing this for a few minutes then decided to try my sons account. I rejoined and it stayed connected. So I switched back to my account and sure enough, this time it stayed connected, but i'm back to level 1 with no days showing of gameplay, all my emblems and titles have gone too. But in the leaderboards my kills record is still there. Wtf just happened? Did I get hacked or what? Does anyone know, has this happened to anyone else??  Thanks for reading..

• Re: Was I just hacked??

This happened to me a few hours ago, but it only changed my gameplay time. On Spec Ops and Campaign mode, it said I had 0 Days, 0 Hours, and 0 Minutes, and my Multiplayer said 1m 33s. All of my gameplay data was there (Level, guns, highest wave, missions, etc.). I went into the barracks menu, and it said the original gameplay time before I got screwed.

Yes, you were hacked. It's this "virus" thingy that effects you if you go into a lobby that has a host that's hacking. It can also happen if you add a hacker. Unfortunately, there's no way of getting your data back.

Right, but I was the only one who was affected as I was playing with my clan. And the only people I have on my list is my clan members, padiego and arab, there is no one else. I guess its no biggy if I have to start again, but its 1 month of play gone. That sucks..

Howoareu

sure there is. find a friendly hacker who will hack your stuff back, or work for it again.

KayByeNow wrote:

This happened to me a few hours ago, but it only changed my gameplay time. On Spec Ops and Campaign mode, it said I had 0 Days, 0 Hours, and 0 Minutes, and my Multiplayer said 1m 33s. All of my gameplay data was there (Level, guns, highest wave, missions, etc.). I went into the barracks menu, and it said the original gameplay time before I got screwed.

Yes, you were hacked. It's this "virus" thingy that effects you if you go into a lobby that has a host that's hacking. It can also happen if you add a hacker. Unfortunately, there's no way of getting your data back.

pauly01 wrote:

Ok the strangest thing just happened to me. I was playing in a game of HCTDM on mission, everything seemed fine and I wasn't doing too badly when all of a sudden I was diconnected from the server. I tried to rejoin, but when I rejoined I would be kicked again after a few seconds. I kept doing this for a few minutes then decided to try my sons account. I rejoined and it stayed connected. So I switched back to my account and sure enough, this time it stayed connected, but i'm back to level 1 with no days showing of gameplay, all my emblems and titles have gone too. But in the leaderboards my kills record is still there. Wtf just happened? Did I get hacked or what? Does anyone know, has this happened to anyone else??  Thanks for reading..

It seems that everytime I tried to rejoin, all my allies could see, hacked player is now online. So it seems there is a strong possibility that I was hacked in some way. How or why it stopped just by switching users and back again is anyones guess. But it seems its a good idea to start another account.. EDIT; I just phoned activision, first off, the person I spoke to didn't even know there was ANY cod titles available for the Wii, when I told him his responce was, " wow, really, thats amazing, I didn't know that", and 2nd off, he said there was nothing that could be done but to start again..

Craszitt

hi

if you call or write activision and they tell you that they cant help, then they are not speaking the truth.

my mw3-account had been reseted back to level 1 so i called activision, their answer: cant help, sry

so i mailed them, their answer: cant help, sry.

but i kept mailing them over and over and "fought" for my stats at the mw3 forums.

after a while, i think it took 3-4weeks, i got my stats back .

i know 3-4 weeks are a long time but if they hadnt rescued my profile, i would have stopped playing cod for sure.

anyway, this is my last cod game for any system and my last game puplished from activision

Today, I was playing online in HTDM. Someone killed me at the begining of the match, then I saw some kind of menu with all the names of the players. When I respawned, I didn't have my P90, so I checked out the weapon select menu, and my clasess were gone, there were other ones with different names, one of them was U MAD BRO?

Now I'm level one, with 0 kills, and ******* thousands of deads and loss matches. I don't have my weapons, but I can play hardcore modes.

It sucks.

Also I know it happened to more people because I saw more level 1 players in HTDM, which is impossible.

You can always tell when the world is turning insane when people are being hacked on a family friendly orientated console........

There is an easier way to get it all back, though... You could easilly find a friendly hacker to re-hack you to where you were, with all of the guns you had and all of the other stuff you had, or at least close enough, + or -... (might end up with slightly more unlocked, or slightly less, depending on the codes they have...)

It seems the majority of hacking and people who want to mess with people, is SnD and HC stuff. Hence the reason I steer clear .

Sorry 4u Pauly m8. Id be really miffed if it was me bro Im at level 63 at the mo, and its taken 9hrs of play

Thanks bro and thanks to everyone else who contributed to this thread, though i'm very sorry to hear so many people being affected by hackers. I look at it like this, yes, it sucks and i'm more than just p!ssed off, but fVck it, if there is nothing I can do to get my stats back, i'll do it all again. There's more things to worry about. Its just a game. And hopefully it won't take me as long this time to get back to where I was. And lets face it, one day those hackers will be getting butt raped by some prison b!tch, because thats where they'll end up some fine day.

Sorry to see your profile was hacked Pauly. I could tell MW3 was going to be a crap-shoot (at best) from its release day, but didn't expect hackers/cheaters this early on.Just keep doing what you were and you'll be back there in no time.

padiego

It happened to me once, but it fixed itself. Infinity ward magic at its finest.

Did you play on the same profile, starting from scratch, or did you start another profile, then realised the old one got fixed? I've been playing tonight and its still the same. Plus my connection seemed worse than ever, I've been going negative in a big big way, like 3 - 4 for 17 all night. It used to be bad but not like this. I'm telling ya, after last night and coupled with this bullsh!t, i'm just about ready to call it a day and fry my disk too. And also, check your inbox, I pm'd you.

Hi, I had big issues with connection last night having 1-2 bars and frame rate drops and so did the other guys! In the end I could not even log on to mp and the screen was telling me 0 players in the lobby. I turned off the wii and went to bed hoping that maybe the server was down as they were doing some work or were going to release a patch.

My fear this morning is that maybe something might be wrong with my profile as coming on here there is no sign of a patch so will try later and hope I can get back on and the servers are back running. It's strange how only a few days ago all was good and we were able to go positive on scores but only 2 days later connection issues and lag have been bad again.

Come on treyarch sort this out give me some hope that this is gonna improve!

Maybe they don't like you Pauly.lol