9 Replies Latest reply: Jan 26, 2012 1:36 PM by justinsanev2 RSS

How much of the 20 DLCs will be maps?

da_man671

For Premium Elite

  • Re: How much of the 20 DLCs will be maps?
    forrest-gump____

    Going off previous title's, most of them I would guess

  • Re: How much of the 20 DLCs will be maps?
    schlag2dash

    Should be most of them. I know that they planned on releasing more spec op survival/missions aswell as new maps. The spec ops will be prob just be using the new maps for survival mode.

  • Re: How much of the 20 DLCs will be maps?
    Mojammer

    Actually there will be 12 MP maps, 6 spec ops missions, and 2 new game modes.  Here is the content calendar:

    http://www.callofduty.com/contentcalendar

    • Re: How much of the 20 DLCs will be maps?

      Mojammer wrote:

       

      Actually there will be 12 MP maps, 6 spec ops missions, and 2 new game modes.  Here is the content calendar:

      http://www.callofduty.com/contentcalendar

      That page is quite hilarious, as it states on the page in big letters the following -

       

      20 new multiplayer maps,

       

      Yet it goes on to only list 10 more (already released 2), for a total of 12.  It's their own page, and they can't even put the proper info on it?  Quite funny.

       

      If they truly are only releasing 12 maps, that would make the decision NOT to purchase Elite smart.  Since I can grab the 3 packs for a mere 45 bucks.  Don't want to give em a penny more than necessary for the maps.

      • Re: How much of the 20 DLCs will be maps?

        Thats just you misreading it; if you had any sense you would know that that sentence applies to EVERYTHING, seeing as how everything is in the next part of the bloddy sentence.

         

        You are getting 12 MP maps (same as Black ops) plus 8 more pieces other than maps, i'd say thats far from an unfair amount.

        • Re: How much of the 20 DLCs will be maps?

          dstr001 wrote:

           

          Thats just you misreading it; if you had any sense you would know that that sentence applies to EVERYTHING, seeing as how everything is in the next part of the bloddy sentence.

           

          You are getting 12 MP maps (same as Black ops) plus 8 more pieces other than maps, i'd say thats far from an unfair amount.

          Misreading it?  Really?  It states the following, WORD FOR WORD.

           

          MW3 Season of Content

          20 new multiplayer maps, Special Ops missions, game modes and more.*

           

          People with any "sense" would clearly take that as meaning 20 multiplayer maps, + Special Ops Missions, game modes, and more.

           

          How exactly is stating "20 new multiplayer maps" and then going on to say special ops missions, game modes, and more not misleading one to think we would be getting 20 new multiplayer maps?

          • Re: How much of the 20 DLCs will be maps?

            And they could have EASILY worded it as follows, which would make it more than clear it would be 12 maps -

             

            12 new multiplayer maps, 6 special ops missions, 2 game modes, and more.

             

            The above statement would not be misleading at all.

          • Re: How much of the 20 DLCs will be maps?
            Mojammer

            Yes, you are misreading it.

             

            They're not saying, "We're giving you 20 new multiplayer maps, and we're also giving you some missions and game modes."

             

            What they're saying is, "We're giving you 20 things, some of those things are maps, some are missions, some are game modes."

            • Re: How much of the 20 DLCs will be maps?

              Mojammer wrote:

               

              Yes, you are misreading it.

               

              They're not saying, "We're giving you 20 new multiplayer maps, and we're also giving you some missions and game modes."

               

              What they're saying is, "We're giving you 20 things, some of those things are maps, some are missions, some are game modes."

              No point in arguing with the general populace when the average IQ here is 40.

               

              Just let the uneducated be pissed off because of their own lack of reading comprehension.