1 2 3 Previous Next 141 Replies Latest reply: Jan 26, 2012 10:13 AM by traxxas58 RSS

Petition - Drop the damage on the Type 95

iamhollywood5

Alright everybody.  Today the Type 95 got a "nerf."  a pretty laughable "nerf."  The only thing that was changed was the hip-fire spread.  THIS IS NOT ENOUGH.  The ADS Type 95 remains completely unchanged.  If you are unaware, the Type 95 has the FASTEST time to kill in ANY COD GAME SINCE COD2.  Without Rapid Fire it can kill in 0.06 seconds with extreme accuracy and ease.  Put rapid fire on it and it's even worse - all 3 bullets are merged into 1 and it becomes a MK14 that can kill with 1 bullet to any part of the body.  Not even the COD4 M16 with Stopping Power killed as fast as the Type 95.  This video will show you how the Type 95 is statistically more OP than any gun in any COD ever:

Let's compare with the M16.

M16: 780 rpm within bursts, 40-25 damage (3-4 shot kill), higher recoil than Type 95.

Type 95: 1000 rpm within bursts, 55-20 damage (2-5 shot kill), lower recoil than M16.

Now, the fact that the Type 95 shoots so much faster than the M16 is a fair trade-off for taking 1 extra bullet to kill at long range.  However it gets 2 EXTRA benefits: a 2 bullet kill up close, and less recoil.  Rapid Fire on the type 95 also increases RoF by 18% while the M16 only gets a 9% increase with Rapid Fire.

If the M16 were a 3-4 shot kill with a slow RoF and the Type 95 were a 3-5 shot kill with a fast RoF, THAT WOULD BE BALANCE.  Instead, there is currently absolutely no reason to use the M16, or hardly any other gun for that matter.

So, sign this petition if you would like to see the Type 95's damage reduced from 55-20 to 49-20, and I will add your name to the list.

Signers:

-Brandaman

-DavidIsofferman

-tacticalinfekt

-ashiddygamer

-platinumb

-thebiindsniper

-Deuscariot

-jassieray

-mobius48

-mrepictoast

-trollio

-Moon Head 92

-Kari M N

-Joe8beast

-Storm150

-XxBlindfire2Xx

-torana

-pokeshuriken

-jet04

-Xman64

-1firefury

-ZinnadineZidane

-killshot10

-technical

-snapr68

-Kingodrag

-DLSV2

-poklane

-rwjenny11

-Ecliptix*

*Wanted the Type 95 to be a 3HK but believes it has already been patched (even though it hasn't) so I take that as support.

• 2. Re: Petition - Drop the damage on the Type 95
    iamhollywood5

wouldn't expect someone like you to sign in the first place. no surprise there.

• 3. Re: Petition - Drop the damage on the Type 95
    brandaman

Yes plox

• 4. Re: Petition - Drop the damage on the Type 95

brandaman wrote:

Yes plox

• 5. Re: Petition - Drop the damage on the Type 95
    moondown

"Nah." +1

• 6. Re: Petition - Drop the damage on the Type 95

So you are pissed that there's a gun that kills in one burst...  Like every sniper rifle in MW3 (minus the faster run speed and the ability to "quickscope" people at close range). 

Gotcha. 

• 7. Re: Petition - Drop the damage on the Type 95
    brandaman

We're pissed that there's a gun that kills in two bullets (only others are M60E4 and MK14), and has a 1000rpm ROF, with no recoil.

We're also pissed that it makes the M16 100% irrelevent.

Comparing it to a sniper rifle is stupid. Snipers have to scope in for a start, and can only fire one bullet before having to wait for the massive recoil to settle, or for the next bullet to be ready to fire.

• 8. Re: Petition - Drop the damage on the Type 95

The patch supposedly fixed the spread so you have to scope in with the Type 95 as well.  For the record...  Sniper Rifles do only fire one bullet but it is 100% damage anywhere on the body and it's way more accurate at a distance AND it's more accurate and faster when shooting someone close.  It's odd that you aren't mad about that.  

I don't use the Type 95 (my connection won't allow me to use it so I really don't care one way or the other) but I don't get you people.  There is always a group - sometimes the same people- who seem to INSIST that something is nerfed in every COD game.  It's funny how mad you get.   

Lord help us all if Den puts out a list that shows numbers that "PROVE" something is overpowered.  There will be no end to the moaning on this forum. 

• 9. Re: Petition - Drop the damage on the Type 95
    brandaman

It's not "scoping in", it's aiming down sights. There's a difference. Scoping in blacks out your peripheral vision, and takes 0.4 seconds. ADS doesn't block your vision, and takes half that time.

Sniper rifles aren't OHK anywhere on the body, if that's what you mean by "100% damage". The 50Cal, the L118A, and the MSR are one shot to the stomach, chest, neck and head. The Dragunov is only a OHK to the head. The AS50 and RSASS are one shot kills to the chest and up.

The Type 95 is a two hit kill ANYWHERE on the body, with a 1000rpm fire rate, compared to a very low, what, 60rpm for a sniper rifle. There's a reason so many people use the Type 95. People don't just randomly gravitate towards one gun. It would be a huge coincidence if it just so happened to be the one that is statistically very powerful.

And yes, that group of people are people that care about balance and want the game to be a fair experience. I want to have as good a chance to do well with a shotgun as I do with an AR. Or an SMG, or a sniper. Balance.

For the most part, this game is well balanced. A couple of nerfs (Type 95 and FMG's), a couple of buffs (shotguns), it'll be fine.

1 2 3 Previous Next