1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 141 Replies Latest reply: Jan 26, 2012 10:13 AM by traxxas58 Go to original post RSS
  • 40. Re: Petition - Drop the damage on the Type 95
    vileself

I disagree. The MK14 has the same rof as the Type95 so technically it can fire 3 shots just as fast as the Type95 can. It requires more effort but it has higher damage so its balanced. The MK14 also conserves more ammo sinse the Type95 wastes a bullet with every burst, but again its balanced out with a 20 round clip vs a 30 round clip.

The Type95 and the MK14 are balanced with each other so if one is overpowered they both are. The truth is neither one of them is sinse they both struggle at close range due to the need to press the button more than once. Sure the Type95 has a 2/3 chance to get a kill at close range with one burst but the MK14 has potential for a OHK at close range. One burst vs one shot = balanced. One is more powerful while one is slightly more user friendly = balanced. Niether of these features has an advantage over a fully automatic weapon at close range = balanced.

• 41. Re: Petition - Drop the damage on the Type 95
    mrepictoast

vileself wrote:

Im going to encourage people not to sign this petition and I will give a simplified reason as to why. The majority of players currently have more success using a G36 or a SCAR. The Type95 is no FAMAS. Its no MP40 and its no UMP45. The Type95 is like an MK14 with less accuracy, less power and slightly less effort to use which is essentially what balances it out.

Seriously, if you guys want to cry about stats then how come the MK14 isnt overpowered? That gun is a potential OHK at close range and its an AR! Its fire rate and reload times are equal to the Type95 and although its raise time its lower, its drop time is higher. No one here cries about that gun because no ones got the balls to use it. The semi-auto fire rate scares people away. Noobs not dare!The ones who do use it know exactly how nasty it is. This gun struggles at close range against full autos but after the nerf now so does the Type95 and thats how it should be. I should still be able to kill a guy at close range with a Type95 or an MK14 if Im good enough. I still have to hipfire accurately against full auto, pray n sprayers. Theres no reason they need a damage decrease, they are already outclassed where they should be outclassed. /truth

You made a good thread about the shotguns being underpowered.  When shotguns get hitmarkers from five feet away while a Quickdraw Type 95 needs only one burst to kill at close to medium range consistently, something's wrong.

When the Type 95 beats four of the six SMGs at close range, ties the PP90M1, and is .01 second slower to kill than the high recoil PM9 at SMG range, something's wrong.

When a burst fire weapon can beat every fully automatic assault rifle at three bullet kill range (which, by the way, the Type 95 has the highest three bullet kill range of any non-shotgun and non-sniper weapon in the whole game), something's wrong.

Do you see more Type 95s online or more shotguns?  Do you see as many "Nerf the shotguns" threads on this board as you do "Nerf the Type 95" threads? 

http://denkirson.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=323 5

• 42. Re: Petition - Drop the damage on the Type 95
    trialstardragon

Nope, not OP at all if the person using it could not hit a broad side of barn because of how bad their aim is.

Stats are not the only thing that determins if a gun is OP or not and never has been nor ever will be. there are many factors taht the devs review to see if the gun is so called OP or just being used very effectively by those that understand its firing characteristics better then other players.

• 43. Re: Petition - Drop the damage on the Type 95
    trialstardragon

To your last sentence. I see alot of shotgun users in the games I play and they do very well infact often leading the scoreboard over the so called OP type 95 users.

• 44. Re: Petition - Drop the damage on the Type 95
    mrepictoast

"Because I said so" isn't a valid argument.

• 45. Re: Petition - Drop the damage on the Type 95
    trialstardragon

Just like relying soley on the stats that the one guy gives out on his site is not a valid argument either when there are mutliple factors that help effect each gun in how they peform.

None of the guns in the game are OP. Just people like to whine about anything that kills them easily and does so repeatedly. But that does not make it OP. Nor does the stats alone make it OP and never has.

At least the devs are smart enough to realize this and did not over nerf the weapons like normally happens when the nerf babies come and cry about a weapon being too good for them.

• 46. Re: Petition - Drop the damage on the Type 95
    coolwhhhip

No. Go now. Aht..Aht..No, just be gone.

• 47. Re: Petition - Drop the damage on the Type 95

I can agree with "re-nerfing" the FMG9. I  played a couple games after watching the video up top and yeah........I hadn't even used it earlier and now have level 10 proficency with them & all the attachments. It took about 3 games worth. using the FMG9 Akimbo with Steady Aim.

I haven't tried using the Type 95....yet.

• 48. Re: Petition - Drop the damage on the Type 95

My excuse for using the Type 95...

Thanks to the lag, everyone else is 1 hit killing me with every weapon so it's only fair.

• 49. Re: Petition - Drop the damage on the Type 95

trialstardragon wrote:

Just like relying soley on the stats that the one guy gives out on his site is not a valid argument either when there are mutliple factors that help effect each gun in how they peform.

None of the guns in the game are OP. Just people like to whine about anything that kills them easily and does so repeatedly. But that does not make it OP. Nor does the stats alone make it OP and never has.

At least the devs are smart enough to realize this and did not over nerf the weapons like normally happens when the nerf babies come and cry about a weapon being too good for them.

Ok everybody, for here on out, we are going to determine how a weapon is OP by the looks, sounds, and anything else that has nothing to do with stats because Trial here thinks otherwise with his flawed statements.

By doing it this way, I truly believe the MK46 is OP. It has that true, LMG feel and when you fire it, it is very terrifying. Anyone else agrees?

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next