17 Replies Latest reply: Dec 15, 2011 9:15 AM by kundilover RSS

Should or should not get on PC? (Final)

I'd like feedback from people who played it, thank you

I heard there is a hacking problem and dedi servers are unranked?

Thank you for taking some time

• Re: Should or should not get on PC? (Final)

P.C. offers no support .There is no Anti-cheat system.There is no Elite. Hacking is the multi-player all time pass time.There are no prestige tokens. Lag Compensation has rendered this game all but un playable.There is no end in sight to the P.C. community's issues. My friends are playing M.W. 2. Hope this sheds some light on your Queries.

[pde]paulkersey

These are the only few times I would say don't get a version of a particular game on the PC and it started with MW2. With MW2, BO, and now MW3, it's really pointless. You do have dedicated servers for MW3, but they don't stand out like CoD4/CoDWaW dedicated servers anymore and they have also been hidden on purpose. The Xbox version of this game is the most supported and will continue like this next year also.

If you happen to not like the game for any reason, you can't trade it in on the PC and you won't get support on the PC. Just look at this forums posts all the way down the page. That's your answer.

I have xbox and pc version both.

PC:

+ mouse

+ graphics

+ unranked dedis

- fixed FOV thats unbarable on widescreens

- no elite

- no support whatsoever

- hacks and cheats, its not that bad but ocasionally you do come across them cheating whores.

- 50k players worldwide

xbox:

+ 200-500k players worldwide

+ elite

+ support

+ wide screen adjustment

+ 99% no hackers (but you never know if someone is using XIM3 or some other keyboard+mouse conversion kit so..... and I've come across alot of them guys already)

- no dedicated servers

- aim assist

- controller (official keypad+mouse kit would be awesome but there aint one)

overally its basically tweaked MW2 with smaller and boring maps.

when I think back now.. I was stupid to buy it first place at all when considering pros and cons here.

overally its basically tweaked MW2 with smaller and boring maps.

MW2 = you rely on air support (More campers who wants to get their harrier ac130 and there are waaaaaaaaaaaaay more hackers)

MW3 = Is what i expected mw2 to be, you are awarded more for goin after the objectives, shooting down air support and there are more gun to gun action (since they nerfed explosives) MW2 sucks compared to MW3 and the whine about hackers is simply good players. I get accused 90% of my games i've come across 3 hackers since i started (prestige 8 now)

all and all, get it on pc! It's so boring on xbox!

Well.. dunno but I ocasionally come across "UnnamedPlayer" on PC and lately alot.

All using wh and aimbot, dunno but they say the play without steam and all... no VAC.. no nothing - just jump in and shoot everyone to pieces.

on console you wont find this.

Though yes.. PC version is still better, fixed fov and hackers ruin it tho. The only reason why pc is better is because of mouse alone!!!!

mw3 in general needs 2 times bigger maps and really good maps where you actually could use sniper as its meant to be. not that bullshit quickscope sht.

I take MK14 with acog if I want to so snipe and it ownz everything.

forget it...PC had a massive hacker-prob!!!!  Nearly no server without cheater 

forget it...PC had a massive hacker-prob!!!!  Nearly no server without cheater to find.

well.. hacks or not... PC still wins.

and there are decent dedicated servers.

The worst problem is that todays gamers want shiny crap flying around on screen, they want to see exp bar scrolling to the right so they'll get boner.. the more it scrolls the bigger u know.

prestiging 10 times like insane person.

instead take quality dedicated server with decent admins, no crappy p2p hosting and lag compensation - enjoy!!!!

no hackers, no glitchers, no akimbo nubs etc...

How sure are you that the dedicated servers are lag comp free? 

My experience, after having both xbox and pc mw3, has me going back to the xbox.  I found way more 'insta-deaths' on the pc (p2p and ded).  Now some of these could have certainly been hacks but something still didn't feel quite right.  I even ran my own server at gameserversdotcom only to cancel it because there are so few people playing on the dedicated servers.  It really seems they want the pc community to die slowly and quietly. 

The bottom line is that the PC dedicated servers don't have much a following in comparison.  I totally agree with your points on well admined ded servers and hopefuly they will catch on over time...

[pde]paulkersey

If dedicated servers aren't like CoD4/CoDWaW, playing it on the PC doesn't offer much incentive to play unless it's about control preference. I have to agree with WorkingManX1 on the fact that it's like they want the PC community to fail. They went so far as to hide the option for dedicated servers on purpose and never meant for the servers on MW3 to be for all players.

Plus, with Sledgehammer Games making this one, they would have to check those games I mentioned above if they were really serious about PC dedicated servers. As far as P2P matchmaking, that isn't something you can just throw on the PC and leave it. The only CoDs that are comfortable on the PC is CoD1/CoD2/CoD4/CoDWaW unless you like freedomless, lockdown servers, then that would be CoDBO.

MW3 is pointless for the PC. Your turn, Treyarch

I play that **** for 50 hours and delete from my pc and go back in MW2 but with alterIWnet cuz for dedis less hackers than Steam and better conn + no tubers ;] and fun servers

I play that **** for 50 hours and delete from my pc and go back in MW2 but with alter IW cuz for dedis less hackers than Steam and better conn + no tubers ;] and fun servers

I play that **** for 50 hours and delete from my pc and go back in MW2 but with alter IW cuz for dedis less hackers than Steam and better conn + no tubers ;] and fun servers

I play that **** for 50 hours and delete from my pc and go back in MW2 but with alternate IW cuz for dedis less hackers than Steam and better conn + no tubers ;] and fun servers

I think you should cause they´re adding a fov option sooner and you have dedicated servers so.They are unranked but still better than no servers.Also shooters should be played on PC.

a shooter must be played on pcin my opinion but i cant recommend that game 2 overpowered secondary wapons like mashinepistols akimo. all work on a spray and pray principe guns shoot like laserguns and u need no skill i would wait somne month before or if they fix the akimbo crap and so on