1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 55 Replies Latest reply: Jan 26, 2013 3:11 AM by FreeZtyl3 Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: MW3 VS BLACK OPS

MW3 is off balance game playing joke where every board is like fighting in a used car lot. Every game i die of something exploding whether its a car, barrel or something just stupid support package is another dumb idea stealth bombers r just flying every where or balastic vests which gives every one on your team an advantage if i want something like that ill play halo. Or wat about shotguns my kdr is 1.64 thats just with a shotgun (striker w long range extra ammo) use it every board is small and crappy its built for. the title and emblems r all cut and paste from mw2 gimme a break how could anybody think this is a step forward. Or what about the juggernaut suit every cod game u could counter kill streak awards this game u cant wether its the little battle tank that hovers like its on a magic carpet or the juggernaut suit so stupid getting more and more likhalo and thats not COD and i read someone say u cant camp wat the hell game is he playing they made it so easy every board has about thirty cars on it where u can lay under it r u kidding i rate this game an 8 out of 10 the worst COD since cod 3  PS right back to B.O.

• 31. Re: MW3 VS BLACK OPS

THIS SITE IS SCREWED UP LOL

• 32. Re: MW3 VS BLACK OPS
    anuebis216

I agree.  I feel that Black OPs was the single greatest COD to date over ALL of the Modern Warfares and here's why:

1. Treyarch actually listened to fans and made changes throughout the release of BLOPS to make it a better game.  IW is arrogant and basically ignores fans.  Treyarch changed it in a patch so that if you put someone in last stand, you got the kill regardless if you finished them off or not.  So far IW has nerfed some guns to still basically be just as powerful, good job.

2. The majority of players hated Dropshotting and QuickScoping, BLOPS removed the majority of those cheese tactics to my satisfaction.   IW said screw that and brought them back in full force.

2. The balance in the game was I don't know…  actually balanced.  Compare the most OP gun in BLOPS to any of the OP guns in MW3, you could deal with OP guns in BLOPS because they weren't that much more powerful than the average gun.  The Stryker in MW3 is singlehandedly ruining the online experience.

3. Glitches, glitches, glitches.  BLOPS did this awesome server side patching that resulted in limited Title Updates, which can be chores.  Additionally, they patched things so quickly that outside of the golden gun glitch, which did not effect gameplay, I cannot think of one glitch that has negatively impacted me in BLOPS.  In MW3, so far, I have been killed by people getting through the map on various stages.

4. Theater mode.  I know this is high on the list but Theater mode was awesome in BLOPs.  You could use a dolly cam to get great angles and slow-mo shots on videos.  MW3, does not have this feature which is ludacris.  Also, the option to save a game for later review without having to leave your lobby was great.

5.  Stat tracking.  First off, it is incredibly lame that MW3 does not have stats in-game like BLOPs and that you can only get them by exiting the game and getting them through Elite.  How is elite stat tracking not integrated into the game?  Seriously?  I use to love going in-between games and comparing friends stats or other people’s stats.

6. Elite to sum all things up is a complete and total joke.  The only benefit is getting all maps incorporated into the price.  IOS and Android Apps are nowhere to be seen and clan operations are still inexplicably absent although promised.  All the contests are worthless to all those but the top tier players.  Ridiculous and poorly planned.  Outside of the maps, I really have no idea what I am paying for.

7.  Lag compensation, yes it existed in BLOPs, but it is so much worse in MW3.  Good job IW, good job.

8.  Akimbo.  Why IW, why?  First off why would you bring back one of the most hated features of MW2 and not strip them down like BLOPs or just completely remove them from the game?  Akimbo is so ridiculous as a SECONDARY weapon.  Now anyone can have a Stryker as a PRIMARY and Akimbo FMG9s as SECONDARY.  Pretty sweet huh?

9. Map design in MW3 is sloppy and promotes camping.  BLOPS maps are designed incredibly well.  Firing Range and Nuketown were fun as hell.  Dome and any of other maps can’t hold a candle to how fun these maps where.

10.  Losing a slot for claymore or what not was painful.  Having claymores and other similar items led to different and imo better tactics.

11. Support Packages can be exploited by stronger players to hammer the other team worse than any kills streak they could possibly get.  For example, the EMP lasts a MINUTE, and blocks the other team from all electronics and kill streaks.  Get a few players on a team with this, and simply decimate the other team.

12.  Suppressors seem so nerfed that they are almost unusable in that I have to hit someone several times more in order to kill them then the standard gun.

13. Spawning in MW3 makes spawning in BLOPS look like the gold standard.

My hope is the BLOPs 2 or whatever it will be called will continue to build off of BLOPS and ignore the majority of MW3.  BLOPS was an amazing game from start to finish and imo puts Treyarch as the lead studio for COD.  BLOPS 2 should carry only a few things over from MW3:

1.          I like that you can have customizable kill streaks per class in MW3.  I would go one further and separate them out from the custom classes and have custom strike packages that can be switched on the fly like custom classes.  I have several classes where everything but the strikes packages are the same.  This is not necessary.

2.          The graphics in MW3 are undeniably better.

3.          Maybe the speed of the game itself.  If I were to guess MW3 is 15 percent faster than BLOPs.  However, this should not occur if it will increase lag.

Lastly, I am not one of those flamers that trash the latest game because it is the latest.  When BLOPS came out I thought I came accross something special.  I defended BLOPS on the forums.   Frankly, and I acknowledge this will never happen, but if there was DLC still coming out for BLOPS i would not bother with MW3.  I think anyone that thinks MW2 or MW3 are better games are way off.  Usually, and I am not lumping everyone in this category, everyone I have talked to that like MW2 or MW3 over BLOPS was a cheap noob that camped with akimbo and ran around with cheap weapons.  

• 33. Re: MW3 VS BLACK OPS

anuebis216 wrote:

1. Treyarch actually listened to fans and made changes throughout the release of BLOPS to make it a better game.  IW is arrogant and basically ignores fans.  Treyarch changed it in a patch so that if you put someone in last stand, you got the kill regardless if you finished them off or not.  So far IW has nerfed some guns to still basically be just as powerful, good job.

ROFL. After 13+ updates the game still plays like a slide show.

2. The majority of players hated Dropshotting and QuickScoping, BLOPS removed the majority of those cheese tactics to my satisfaction.   IW said screw that and brought them back in full force.

Since when is going prone cheese? If you want 100% cheese go play MvC 2 with Ironman, Magneto and Pyslocke. THAT'S CHEESE.

2. The balance in the game was I don't know…  actually balanced.  Compare the most OP gun in BLOPS to any of the OP guns in MW3, you could deal with OP guns in BLOPS because they weren't that much more powerful than the average gun.  The Stryker in MW3 is singlehandedly ruining the online experience.

Black ops guns= copy pasta MW3 guns= UNIQUE

3. Glitches, glitches, glitches.  BLOPS did this awesome server side patching that resulted in limited Title Updates, which can be chores.  Additionally, they patched things so quickly that outside of the golden gun glitch, which did not effect gameplay, I cannot think of one glitch that has negatively impacted me in BLOPS.  In MW3, so far, I have been killed by people getting through the map on various stages.

Under the map glitch on Hazzard.

10.  Losing a slot for claymore or what not was painful.  Having claymores and other similar items led to different and imo better tactics.

And more campers.

12.  Suppressors seem so nerfed that they are almost unusable in that I have to hit someone several times more in order to kill them then the standard gun.

Maybe that's the trade-off?

• 34. Re: MW3 VS BLACK OPS
    ghosthound

I thought the maps in Black ops were poorly designed [and they were] but MW3 takes the cake for atrocious map design.

The maps:

- are all way too small, 

- there is virtually no height differences, and

- there little to no cover in the maps which leads to excessive corner camping.

• 35. Re: MW3 VS BLACK OPS
    wolrdWarMe

treyarch as a developer is just better, period.

never likle any mw games. too much bullsht.

• 36. Re: MW3 VS BLACK OPS
    06kev12

Overall Mw3 is more entertaining, but the frustration factor is over the top. Treyarch acknowledged their bad spawns and patched it. That is the number one issue to me. Add the deathstreaks, akimbo everything, and lag comp.

• 37. Re: MW3 VS BLACK OPS

Mw3 is great love the action campers on the game dont seem to be a problem because there skills are horrible that you can own them anyways.

• 38. Re: MW3 VS BLACK OPS

Mw3 is great love the action campers on the game dont seem to be a problem because there skills are horrible that you can own them anyways.

• 39. Re: MW3 VS BLACK OPS
    fantasmo

Lets see, Black Ops had one major problem: Connections (It was fine after Feb patches).

What else? Nothing IMO.

Lets see, MW3:

- Retarded Spawn Logic (Hey lets make enemies spawn on flags they don't have captured)

- Revenge Spawns

- Guns that kill in 3 shots (What kind of moron makes maps this small and gives us guns that kill insanely fast)

- Akimbo Machine Pistols that outclass primaries

- LAG COMPENSATION (Was in Black Ops but didn't annoy anyone for the most part)

- Perks the don't work (Blast Shield)

- Constant killstreaks in the air

- Stacking killstreaks

- Lethal killstreaks in Support (Really?)

- Idiotic developers that don't listen to the community and then try to make speeches about how intune they are

- Completely broken knifing system - People lunging to MW2 commando standards

- Deathstreaks

- Did I mention spawns?

I'm not one of those guys who hates the new CoD each year but this year was different for me, the game is broken beyond belief and is utter crap.

Black Ops >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> **** >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MW3