7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 14, 2011 11:58 PM by wierd worlds are these RSS

Clean out PC hackers

Robert Bowling (fourzerotwo) will not acknowledge sheer volume of ppl using hacks on pc in mw3, he only logs into these forums to post updates in the general section of mw3. He does however pay a lot of attention to his twitter account, but will ignore many PC related problems, want a clean PC community? our only hope is with ranked dedicated servers, sure there will be some dedis where the admins etc use hacks, but just dont join these after you find out, favourite the ones that ban botters and taa-daa you got a clean community to play with where you can actually play the game to its full capacity ie lvl your guns and your account.

Without these we are left with steam and P2P, which if you google around can find some very disturbing truths. I learned from mw2 how bad this is and have already seen the mw3 version. With the P2P scheme, ppl can force host onto themselves, you have all probably seen this without  knowing when a game lobbby remains at the waiting screen, the timer has counted down, you expect it to say launching, but remains on waiting for up to a minute.

Now for the dangerous part, when some1 has forced host onto themselves, there are other applications available to them to view every1 in that lobbies IP address (you dont want hackers knowing your IP address incase you didnt know). This can allow them to kick you from rooms, kill your steam connection and if they are good hackers do far worse damage to your internet life (dont use credit cards on same PC you play this game).

In mw2, the most common was mw2_liberation (google it), in mw3 theres one called mw3sa. these are extremely dangerous and unless you like hackers having access to your IP addresses, this has to stop. So bombard robert bowling's twitter account with requests for ranked dedicated servers !!!

The only reason i can think of as to a reason why he hasnt already implemented this is the possibility of ppl boosting and providing ppl with the all titles and emblems lobbies. but if you enter a lobby with every1 on lvl 80, you can assume its a hacked lobby, press ctrl+alt+del and bring up your task manager, find infinty ward processs and kill it, to stop it having any effect on your data. and really which bothers you more, some ppl using these to get all titles and emblems or the roughly 50% of ppl playing mw3 on P2P games having wallhacks, or worse, the dreaded aimbot.

If all goes well and we got clean dedi servers, we may see an increase in speed at which an elite form for PC could be seen.

• Re: Clean out PC hackers

keep bumping, this needs to be viewed by all PC players

rising1991

Sir i understand you but they will never add ranked servers, it´s marketing strategy in my opinion.They do this on purpose, next cod will have ranked dedicated servers and that will make people buy it just because of that feature.It´s sad they do this cause they will make much more money on pc with some basic pc features that other shooters have.Black Ops if wasn´t for the poor performance would be a great game and could be on par with cod4.Mw2 and Mw3 are just console ports than run good(fortunely) but it´s just that.Activision you will go down in few years if you keep this strategy and just take a look at pc sales last 3 years and you will agre with me.Year by year less pc players buy cod, in the other side more console players buy it.It´s easy to sell cod on consoles since the majority are kids and on PC we have much more shooters.I´m still looking forward for next cod but will never be a day one purchase or pre-order, to get my money this time you will have to make some effort if you want it.

Regards, Daniel.

RazorTipz wrote:

Now for the dangerous part, when some1 has forced host onto themselves, there are other applications available to them to view every1 in that lobbies IP address (you dont want hackers knowing your IP address incase you didnt know). This can allow them to kick you from rooms, kill your steam connection and if they are good hackers do far worse damage to your internet life (dont use credit cards on same PC you play this game).

That is disturbing news...

jibmoney

Unforutunatly Robert Bowling dosn't care about the PC community. If you can find where he accually states he does please post his comments here.................. The fact of the matter is that Bowling only cares about money and how he serves his master (Activision). To all that think I am full of it, just look at MW2.

wierd worlds are these

Just having someones IP is not as dangerous as you think it is, I mean when someone is host even without forcing it they can find all the IP address's connected to them if they have a decent Router.

I had something similar with MW2 where I could kick people if I was hosting because all I did was block there IP on my router, which is why I have a Laptop sat next to me running when I game.

There are people who will force themselves to be host and I have seen a few do it, but it's normally so that they can try and get the upper hand on other people and it's normally American players that do it I have found, because they get shoved in to lobbies with European players.

I am nearly always the host when it's only players from the UK but I don't do anything stupid.

To get in to your pc and around the firewall's of your router and window's firewall and any other one you maybe running, is not something that I would estimate that 90%+ of players don't have, the knowledge to be able to hack in to someones pc.

People make it sound like this game is infested with cheaters but I have hardly seen any compared with MW2 and Black Op's, yes Ranked Dedicated servers are available and would be great if they were made OFFICIAL but, that won't happen because it means IW will have to admit that IWnet is a failure and there ego is just to big for that.

Robert Bowling and others won't acknowledge pc gamers because there is very little money in the market to them, from us so we get left with scraps of information and never a direct update just to us like the console gamers get, and it's something that we will just have to accept unless every pc gamers refuses to buy the next installement and that I know for a fact 100% will not happen.