13 Replies Latest reply: Dec 15, 2011 8:54 PM by Old_Snake RSS

So I got a little fed up with some players using Striker last night...

TexasVic74

How do you combat small run-and-gun clans who use overpowered shotguns, travel in packs (for kills or revenge purposes), and are not playing the objective (in this case CTF)?

Just go prone, or at least that is what I had to do last night to get my sweet revenge.
First match I was sorta okay with it. Everybody has there own style and I was not looking at who exactly was cappin the flag.
Second match I noticed the clan had a few new players on the team and the new players (who were on my team that prior match) were the ones playing the objective and cappin.
Third match, I changed my class to Super Duper Camper mode and had some fun. It's funny how well you can actually do by going prone and camping....
All of a sudden the $h!t talking in the lobby turned bad, I was the worst player in the game, my KD BETTER be above 5.0 for playing like that, prone is for pu$$ies, my mom shoots better than that, etc, etc, etc, etc. In the process I completed a challenge that I did not know existed for killing so many players while prone. Still lost the match, but the revenge was worth it.....

• Re: So I got a little fed up with some players using Striker last night...
    WiseguyFTL

ehh right... First of all, the shotguns in this game are definitely not overpowered, they could actually use some more power. Very inconsistent. Go prone and camp? I'd rather flank them and shoot them in their back. Camping is for *******.

I agree teammates who don't play the objective are annoying, but why do you post this on the forums? Telling people to camp if they get their ass kicked? Oh yeah, just ignore **** talking...

domshow1991

just kill them before they kill u. its not that hard. Striker isnt overpowered but I sure love using it. Grip, Kick and Steady Aim = Lots of kills

It's overpowered when one stray shot kills you from across the map.

It's overpowered if it's the only shot gun being used and abused.

It's overpowered when ppl are geting 5.0 KD's with it by just Run/Gun Hip Fireing.

It's Overpowered it needs to be nerfed, no reason for a fully auto drum cased shot gun with 18 shot buck flying from it like a Uzi.

And yes ppl that use it just stay around the objective then pop out and kill you.

Striker the UZI like shot gun.

The rest of the guns are fine. AA-12 is balanced.

ryanjm58

PSNFallen1 wrote:

It's overpowered when one stray shot kills you from across the map.

It's overpowered if it's the only shot gun being used and abused.

It's overpowered when ppl are geting 5.0 KD's with it by just Run/Gun Hip Fireing.

It's overpowered because I can't post up in the corner of a room/edge of the map and camp for my killstreaks and that hurts my feelings.

It's Overpowered it needs to be nerfed, no reason for a fully auto drum cased shot gun with 18 shot buck flying from it like a Uzi.

And yes ppl that use it just stay around the objective then pop out and kill you.

Striker the UZI like shot gun.

The rest of the guns are fine. AA-12 is balanced.

Fixed yer post for ya, Nancy.

ryanjm58

TexasVic74 wrote:

How do you combat small run-and-gun clans who use overpowered shotguns, travel in packs (for kills or revenge purposes), and are not playing the objective (in this case CTF)?

Stand 30 feet away from them? The thing shoots spitwads if you're not close enough to make out with the guy. Just because a gun kills you a lot in a couple of matches doesn't mean the thing's OP.

These forums have a tendancy for frantic groupthink and whining. If you start calling shotguns OP, every 12-year-old sitting in the bushes listening to Coldplay/Justin Beiber and camping the flag with his semi-auto sniper rifle is going to cry the gun is OP, too. Which means I'm going to have to get even closer to pop him in the back of the head when IW trips all over itself in the rush to pacify "the masses" and further piss all over shotguns.

sennalike

I lost patience with MW3 last night.  Almost every match I went negative, I only play domination so KDR isn't important tome, but neverthe less.  what pee'd me off was teams losing but going massively positive and then moaning about how rubbish us winners were.  Well maybe we got beaten in gun fights but we won because we played the objective and not to boost our e-penis.  Many more nights like that and I'll hang up my CoD gloves, it was not enjoyable.

As for the shotguns discussion.  I thought they were useless when I tried them bt recently I've noticed more and more people using them and killing from distance in some cases.  I don't think they buffed them, so I'm wondering if they were useless due to lag and now that has improved they aren't so bad?

TexasVic74

That's what I experienced last night. What would amount to being 30-50ft away should not kill me with a single shot. It should injure me, allow them to keep rushing and shooting me with at least a few more rounds before I die. Even if there were a team of 2 rushing me it should take more than 2 single shots, from that distance, to kill me.

And playing the objective, I believe, is of the utmost importance. I too, do not care if my KDR is shot downward when I play for the objective like CTF, HQ, or Domination.

I think it is more "unsportsmanlike" to go into an objective match knowing you are just going to run around like a chicken with your head cut off and kill.
      Objective matches are about team effort and killing. 50/50.

ryanjm58

I'm not trying to troll, and I 100% agree with both of you about guys who play objective modes and then just work for kills and ignore the objectives. I hate that and I hate when guys talk **** when they're doing it. My party and I in BOPS would regularly ****-kick parties that were pulling 2+ KDRs. At a certain point you realize the KDR doesn't really mean a damn thing to anyone but you. But winning, especially when it comes at the expense of some camping, trash-talking little turds? Everyone can appreciate that.

But to the issue of shotguns.

1. One on-target, upper-torso/headshot hit from 30-50 feet away with pretty much any 12-gauge shotgun would kill you in real life and should kill you in the game. Heck, at 30 feet you'd just be people jelly. Thirty feet is ~10 steps.

2. To the issue of balance, given the slow rate of fire of even the striker, even spamming the crap out of the trigger, relative to other guns that are effective in this range, anything more than a two-shot, on-target kill inside of 50 feet would be ridiculous. Better go HardlinePro with Support kill streaks because you're going to be stringing together mostlyf hitmarkers, deaths and assists.

ghamorra

The thing about the striker that makes it so powerful is how quickly you can pump out a few shots. With as wide of a spread it has, if your on the screen it's going to hit you. I have noticed too that it has a good bit of range

OFten time using stealth is the ebst way. if you constantly head to their spawn, or spawn areas, and are good at stealth gameplay they should ahvea  hard time locating you as Shotgunners often play CQB and head towards the enemy spawn.  I mean this is just from personal experience