1 31 32 33 34 35 Previous Next 361 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2012 3:34 PM by esmorgue Go to original post RSS
  • 315. Re: TU:1.08 and hot fixes.  Let G IH A IN ID II know what is happening.

Okay before i give my results let me tell you what i'm working with.

Internet: 40 down 5 up.

PS3 in dmz

MTU: 1472  (optimized by doing dos ping test) changed to 1472 on router and ps3.

I am wired to the router. There is nothing else using the wireless but my android.

Results playing solo in TDM at 6:35 est. with TU 1.08

Unfortunately only got in 2 games before I had to get ready for work.  I did notice that I could kill every single player on the enemy team.  I also noticed that the kills were justified not this "oh...i can kill this dude and he can shoot at me and nothing is hitting for him which makes you feel cheesy."  Everytime I was hit i had time to duck behind cover and not "insta-killed" like i have experienced every game before.  Even the one guy, and you know there is always one, that seems to have your number didn't insta-kill me.  I honestly felt like if i played a little better I wouldn't of suffered those deaths.  I should say this was in a 75ms lobby as i believe it may have been too early for my east coast bretheren to be awake for me to get my usual solo 50ms.  I rarely go to 75ms to 100ms only when partied up.  Although it seemed to be happening quite often before i called it a day and waited for the update.

I will conduct further testing tonight in varying game modes and with different party members.  Hopefully i will pull host, so i can verify if there is an improvement or not.  I used to be able to tell i was host by the frame skipping and stuttering.  After i optimized my MTU I no longer stutter or frame skip in regular TDM.  Don't play GW as much anymore but I will try to test host in that also.  I usually could tell i was host by being too far out of sync with my opponents view and just getting insta-killed by everyone.  I really hope this patch is the breakthrough we are looking for because there is no other game I'm interested in at the moment.  My only trouble now is convicing my friends to do the biggie and .."give it one more chance."

Good luck, except against me

Message was edited by: Acidnitemare spelling fail

• 316. Re: TU:1.08 and hot fixes.  Let G IH A IN ID II know what is happening.
    esmorgue

More freezing unable to move and of course theater will not show it. People shooting where I was and killing me still happening.

• 317. Re: TU:1.08 and hot fixes.  Let G IH A IN ID II know what is happening.
    bagsta69

Hi, I pretty much only play KC have wired ps3 ftc connection 29 dl 9 ul ping 18 ms to local server (35 miles away) 25-30 ms to europe 114 to the states, Tried with upnp enabled and disabled.

I am by no means a good player as you will see by my results but the latest patch has killed this game for me. (just like the constant patching on blops did) Before the patch the game was playable 7-8 out of 10 games played as you would expect a fps game to play, top fun. The others you would notice lag etc. Here is a list of games pre patch and post patch.

9-8  15-19  18-10  15-11  19-11 20-11 13-6  and now a list of games post patch,

7-11  1-8  6-5  5-6 ( 0-4 1-4 0-5 the last 3 on the list I was pumping full clips into the enemy and they were simply turning around and winking at me and I died so I bailed)
    The problems are not just host lag as I have played in games where I am not host with a moderate nat and after the patch the game is unplayable. So much so that I have actually come on here to moan about it and sent a message off to 402 and activision. Ive been gaming since pong and know how a game should play and MW 3 is not in a state at the minute that is acceptable. It was about acceptable before the patch but now it is not.

Lag, host lag and hit markers are a joke as are the spawns.
    I hope in some way that this information will help the devs improve things (quickly as I have the weekend off and planned a mw3 fest between the rugby)

• 318. Re: TU:1.08 and hot fixes.  Let G IH A IN ID II know what is happening.

Yesterday, prior to 1.08 I had the same issue esmorgue. I have never experienced 1-2 bar connections consistantly playing in 50-75ms lobbies and it wasnt just me it was half of the lobby. Needless to say after 5 games yesterday I quit playing because of it.  Hopefully this patch improves things...I have to mentally prepare myself for dissapointment before I try later today.

• 319. Re: TU:1.08 and hot fixes.  Let G IH A IN ID II know what is happening.
    esmorgue

Trev1025 wrote:

Yesterday, prior to 1.08 I had the same issue esmorgue. I have never experienced 1-2 bar connections consistantly playing in 50-75ms lobbies and it wasnt just me it was half of the lobby. Needless to say after 5 games yesterday I quit playing because of it.  Hopefully this patch improves things...I have to mentally prepare myself for dissapointment before I try later today.

Thats all I was finding this morning. Split Screeners with 1 bar. The host quit of course and I cannot blame him. Then all of a sudden the Split Screeners, I might add had Latino names, had 3-4 bars......How in the hell does someone have that crappy of a connection to the host, then completely just do an about face.

I know Iknow, it was the host that quit. Well why even have a host picked that cant even sustain that low of a connection+6 more people. Something is very wrong with the host picking, I dont know if they are trying to find a median between the best and worst connection....

• 320. Re: TU:1.08 and hot fixes.  Let G IH A IN ID II know what is happening.
    esmorgue

dancerd wrote:

Lag seems worse, but it fluctuates for me, so it hard to tell

A little stutter when host.

Lag is pretty bad.

And this cannot be a symptom of everyone not having the patch. Lord knows how much worse this game will be when and if they ever have a DXp weekend.

• 321. Re: TU:1.08 and hot fixes.  Let G IH A IN ID II know what is happening.
    esmorgue

Whether onmy XBox or PS3 I get the same results. I had a match yesterday in a <75 lobby where I died, respawned completely frozen in a corner and couldn't move. Respawned after being killed where I was stuck by Attack heli.

Stuttering is happening again. Bullet hitting but killing based on the hit detection. Or firing dead on someone and not get hit registration until at maybe 3-4 bullets.

• 322. Re: TU:1.08 and hot fixes.  Let G IH A IN ID II know what is happening.
    aaces101

I have to agree. I actually went out and bought a new ps3 because I thought it was the refurbished one (given to me after last one crashed) giving me the problems. I don't have a clue about pings/pongs/connect speeds etc. but what I do know is this game is just about shot. The lag is literally that bad for me.

• 323. Re: TU:1.08 and hot fixes.  Let G IH A IN ID II know what is happening.

Been playing on both the PS3 (which is worse) and the XBOX and i can asure that both LAG like hell when hosting.. the PS3 gets more stuttering also.. if im not host and the game migrates i then become the host and the nightmare starts all over again..

The LAG COMPENSATION seems to have reared its ugly head again ..

Have also noticed that the stuttering is worse when hosting and on a wired connection.. when wireless the host stutter isnt as bad but is still there for me..

Hosting is a death Sentance..

Is this the begining of the end because most players will be upgraded at some point which isnt good for MW3 it seems.. the slower your connection the better ,in a world of improving internet connections lol..

• 324. Re: TU:1.08 and hot fixes.  Let G IH A IN ID II know what is happening.
    aaces101

Well, let me ask a dumb question. And please, don't answer unless you know what all this ping stuff means. Would this problem be rectified with dedicated servers? If the answer is yes, IW better get on it because I am a die hard COD fan and I have almost lost all drive to play this game. Sad thing is, I'm the leader of a clan that was just getting going good.

Also, if the anser is yes, what exactly would that do to make it better?

1 31 32 33 34 35 Previous Next